Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golden colour?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordoten

Golden colour? Empty
PostSubject: Golden colour?   Golden colour? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:10 am

Ok guys, need some help again.

What citadel colour comes close to being like shiny Golden colour? Like fabolously golden if you get what I'm talking about...

Got an idea for a Squad that you guys Will love....
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

Golden colour? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden colour?   Golden colour? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:56 am

Well, they have a variety of golds. They used to have a bright gold called Burnished gold. Not one of my favorites, because its.....too bright for me. They now have shining gold, dwarf bronze and tin bitz.

To get a true bright gold using the Shining gold, believe it or not base paint the area in mithril silver. The bright undercoating will really bring out the gold color. And for that extra shine you could mix in a glaze medium.

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

Golden colour? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden colour?   Golden colour? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:02 am

DoZer's right - shining gold from GW is the way to go (nice hint on the mithril silver - have to try that). Burnished gold is horrible (I used it to begin with - but it just looks too bling - not in a good way either). A wash or two of either gryphonne sepia or devlan mud, produces a really nice effect - for more depth - you'd need to overbrush with the shing gold to bring it back up though. Mithril Silver can make a useful top highlight for a bright gold effect ('eavy metal seem to use this technique a lot).

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Golden colour? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden colour?   Golden colour? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:52 pm

The masters have spoken... nothing to add! EXCEPT... I expect to see pictures of what you are painting! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
geekymike

geekymike

Golden colour? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden colour?   Golden colour? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:57 pm

for a darker more worn and old gold colour base coat with tin bitz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golden colour? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden colour?   Golden colour? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golden colour?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: