The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Well, Hi!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Popsicle

PostSubject: Well, Hi!   Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:28 am

Well, Hi, Everyone!

I'm relatively new to the Hobby, especially to the Gaming side, but I've been pointed in the direction of Death Squads after I expressed a particular interest in Kill Team, and greatly enjoyed playing it. I'm looking forward to becoming a contributing Member, and hope that one day I can begin to help with Testing, Reports, Suggestions; first, I'll need to Lurk, and Observe, and generally get a grip on the Rules.

So, there's my Introductory Post. Death Squads
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hi!   Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:47 am

Welcome to the Death Squads forum board.

it won't take you long before you come out of the lurking mode and into a full-throttle posting machine.

what squads will you be creating?

where are you located?

got any pics of any painting you have done?

tell us more about what you like about Death Squads?

notice a theme? we all like to learn alot about each other as we all look at things differently. So get your rule book study it and let us know what you think of it. Also what squads are you hoping for?

as we have alot of squads in the pipe work with many, many more to come....

Again welcome glad you could join us look forward to seeing some more posts/pics/ and reports from you.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Popsicle

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hi!   Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:08 am

Thanks for the Response!

Ideally, I want to work on a Power Armoured Death Squad. Right now, I play Deathwing - a very flawed, 'chancer' Deathwing Assault List at 1,500 Points - and I'm working on some things in the background. Right now, I'm focussing on a Sternguard Veteran Squad Kill Team, into which I'm pouring a lot of time, money and work, and I'm contemplating working up a 1,000 Points Kantor/Sternguard Army around them.

I haven't done much painting at all, but I'm looking into different Techniques and Colour Combinations that I like. I'm currently painting Lieutenant Varras, from the Battle of Macragge Boxed Set, but he's nothing to write home about.

The Rules are interesting, and I'm still getting through them, but I reckon I might do some 'Death Squad' Games at my Club. I'll talk to the guys about it, and we can maybe get some Battle Reports as well!

Cheers,
Popsicle
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hi!   Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:35 am

great to hear that.

have a look in the painting and hobby section your bound to find some great inspiration from the many talented guys who have shared their work with us all.

some awesome squads that are in the pipeline are:

Kroot Mercenaries
Rogue Traders
Adeptus Arbites/City Watch
Space Marine Scout Squad
Chaos Cult [Slaanesh, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Khorne]

Future Squads:
Genestealer Cult
Tyranids
Space Marine Chapter Squads
Space Marine Traitor Squads
Gretchin Revolutionary Kommittee

Rules:
Vehicles!!!!!

Squad Reviews:
Eldar getting re-vamped
Flying rules may be spread over the main squads [YAY Ork Rokkit boyz!!!!! Woop woop!!]

as you can see we are very busy and the work has been challenging to say the least. But we are trying to make sure we can offer a great range of squads.
So if you think we have missed any let us know and we will see what we can do....

Its new players like yourself who can offer us that "Fresh eyes look" and may see something we have missed or that isn't quite clear....

hope you have a game or three soon and let us know how it goes. if there is anything you need to help get some games going then let us know. we have made up a news letter that you can use to send out to local game clubs which might help you get some Death Squads demos going so you can lure them to the
Dark Side Death Squads....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hi!   Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:12 am

Popsicle

Welcome to the Group!

Your attitude is great and that is awesome. One can become a contributor by doing the things LGW pointed out. As LGW went through the process and it is a step learning curve. It actually is not "easy" to create squads and etc.

After embarking on this project for 2 years now I know why most codexes and army list have serious failures. You can not rush through them in six months unless you have a large team of people who can play many games a day and then you must be able to collate the data.

Play the game and read the rule book before suggestions start to fly.

Where are you located at?
Back to top Go down
Popsicle

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hi!   Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:18 am

I'm located in Scotland, near Glasgow. My Club is there also. Thanks again for your Reply, it's encouraging to know that there's a responsive, enthusiastic community behind the Forum. Smile

I'm really looking forward to the Space Marine Squads, both Chapter and Traitor, and might have to build both. As I say, once I've got a grip on the Game, I'll start looking into contributing further, but right now it's going to have to be some 'watching and waiting' from me.

Cheers, guys. I'll check out the other Forum Sections just now.
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hi!   Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:02 am

Welcome to the forum,

Check out the current squads as well there is loads to get your creative juices flowing as such and you can always paperhammer or proxy a couple of IG cadian squads together to get your head around the rules - plus it's fun to play. One monk miniatures have sets of IG types available for free download - enough to build a couple of starter squads and (almost) free.

Look forward to hearing more.

And before Mordheimer gets here - we love pics of any work in progress (or finished) taht you might have. We are a friendly bunch and I swear some of us are pic vampires. So please post - ideas sharing is all part of the fun.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hi!   Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:49 pm

@ Popsicle:

WELCOME!!!

A Dark Angels player, ehh? Dozer and MathiasDark will love ya! HA! We definitely can use GREAT people like you. Read the rules and play with your friends... let us know what you think... what you liked, disliked as well as what was clear or confusing. TLRB is still on its infancy (although I can say we are entering the 'pre-teens' years!) The development is slow (as this is our hobby, not our jobs) but we are getting there!

The Chaos Cultists are turning out to be fine... Dozer and company have been doing a great job. jd3 is updating the Eldar... and many other Squads are being worked done feverishly. Like the guys said... play IG Cadians to start... then maybe move to other Squads. By the time we get to the Space Marine Scouts and Chapter Squads... YOU WILL BE A PRO!!!

ohhh... before I forget.... PICTURES! Wink Do NOT be ashamed of your models! If you want honest and positive feedback... how to improve and what to continue developing... this is your place! Check out posts at the Painting & Modeling section... everyone, from newbies to veterans get feedback. It is honest, but not demeaning... Ask Master Kiwi about Brush Care! link Just Kidding

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Popsicle

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hi!   Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:55 pm

Okay, I'll get around to posting up some Pictures of my Painting. I'm not very good, be warned, but I'm reasonably happy with the level I'm achieving. I can't Highlight, it looks terrible, but I do a lot of Drybrushing, and a TON of Washing. I picked up the washes recently, and I'm amazed with them. Fantastic!

Thanks for the warm welcome, as I say. I'll get round to organising some Death Squads on Wednesday with my Club, perhaps. That said, we're in the middle of a 40k Campaign right now, but at the first opportunity, I promise, I'll do some Playing. Smile
Back to top Go down
moggd

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hi!   Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:09 am

Welcome Popsicle! You will find everyone here super nice and supportive. DS is a great game, although I've only played 2 games, it is well balanced. Looking forward to see some pics of you work.

Moggd
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hi!   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:35 pm

moggd.....drop Toeko a line...he is a new DS player in the phoenix area.
Back to top Go down
moggd

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hi!   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:48 pm

Cool, thanks for the headsup!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hi!   Today at 1:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Well, Hi!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum