Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?

Go down 
+4
Da Bank
Gatlag Stonetooth
DeafNala
Mordheimer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? Empty
PostSubject: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 3:23 pm

I was reading around and found the AMAZING article on the GW site about the "Space Wolves - Assault on Magnir's Crag". Amazing terrain building... Space Wolves vs Tyranids.... so I was about to faint.

Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? M520027a_OpenerXL

OK... before I loose you to GW's site.... see the couple of statues at the front gate? Here... take a better look.
Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? M520062a_statueXL
Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? M520038a_the_gatewayXL

Pretty cool, ehh? Now, take a look at this WiP picture...
Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? M530043a_placing_models1XL

Is it me, or the statues look like plastic kits? They say the statues are 3-ups from some Space Wolves Space Marine models. The '3-ups' are the models that sculptures build to make details (think of them as custom foam-core and green-stuff sculptures... just really big!), then using a pantograph machines the models are then reduced to a 3rd of their size to the 'normal' 28mm scale we use in 40k. Since models are now using CAD and vaccuum forming, GW has not used 3-ups since early 2006. So were are the result models?

Look again at the WiPs. Where are the Space Wolves iconography and pelts seen on the final products? Why the head of the statue on the left is bald, when the final statue has a Space-Wolf mohawk? 3-ups are considered to be a critical, historical and collectible part of the modeling process. GW would not just hand a valuable 3-up for anyone to just go and start converting. Usually the final 3-up revision is cast in resin (used to be a very hard and expensive process not worth for mass production, but great to make a single 'master')... why are these models in what seems to be vacuum formed hollow plastic?

The statues seen on the pictures are obviously something half-complete. The statue on right has molded studs to put the shield, the left arm, socket for the sword and a space for the head. The statue on the left on the WIp has a sword... the final product has a Thunderhammer! It seemed that someone decided to take some 'plastic secret stuff' and convert them with additional bits and green stuff. I sense a plastic kit in the future to make company to the Fortress of Redemption. Twisted Evil

Well here is the link to Space Wolves - Assault on Magnir's Crag. Get your defibrillator handy and enjoy the pictures. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:52 am

THE STATUES ARE DEMONICALLY POSSESSED...they've stripped the paint &/or scenicing material from the minis closest to them. affraid
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:35 am

Hurray for plastic statues! cheers
Great piece of scenery btw.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:01 am

I would love to get me some of those!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:17 pm

More evidence:
Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? M520055a_Dead_CarnifexXL
Check those moldlines!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:48 pm

See? I was distracted by the dead Carnifex! Isn't that sad? Crying or Very sad

You are right! Sloppy job GW!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:00 pm

AHAHAHHA!!! I knew it!!! It is true!
Check the GW site (Advanced Orders), to be released on the 17th of April

Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? M1020392a_99120199023_HonouredImperium_873x627

For $25 you get the statue, broken Aquila and ruined 'church' window. Great deal! Definitely getting some of these!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:52 am

I was just getting ready to post this and I saw this thread was updatd. LOL.

Pretty cool stuff. Damn GW is costing me money. LOL.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:33 am

da bank wrote:
Damn GW is costing me money. LOL.

You got that right!

Everytime I say to myself, "Ok, I've got all the Land Raiders, Tanks, and Troops I need, I've got a bunch to paint still, I don't need anything else right now", then they come out with amazing terrain, or new units......or better plastic dreads......or wings on Assault Squads (Blood Angels)......

It is a never ending plastic crack frenzy!!!
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing

StyrofoamKing

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:51 am

All I know is, I LOVE PLASTICS. Infinitly easier to convert than metals.
Back to top Go down
http://tangentartists.com/
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:22 am

now i'm tryingto do anything with my new kroot houns... it's horrible... i hate metals...
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:14 pm

I used Chaos Hounds for my Kroot hounds.
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:23 pm

EVERYTHING will be better... You mean 'Flesh hounds of khorne' or just 'chaos warhounds'?
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:55 pm

I thought they were chaos hounds. I can't remember I bought them off ebay from one of those big "bit" sellers.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:34 pm

must....buy....space wolves now
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:42 pm

dr!zzt: why not user lizard men cold ones as kroot hounds
with a bit of converting it might work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?   Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conspiracy: Plastic Space Marine Statue?
Page 1 of 1