Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stripping for British People!

Go down 
+2
Mordheimer
Popsicle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Popsicle

Stripping for British People! Empty
PostSubject: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:07 am

Here's a Text Tutorial on Stripping, particularly for British People with no access to Green Stuff. Enjoy!

You Will Need
  • Dettol Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid
  • Clean, Empty Jam Jar or Equivalent
  • Old Toothbrush
  • Toothpicks or Cocktail Sticks
  • Sink with Cold, Running Water
  • Rubber or Latex Gloves
How To...
  • Purchase a Bottle of Dettol Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid.
  • Fill a Jam Jar or Equivalent with Dettol.
  • Plop in your Miniatures, and Leave to Soak for 90 Minutes.
  • Put on your Gloves.
  • Take the Jar to a Sink, and Remove the Miniatures.
  • Scrub with an Old Toothbrush.
At this point, your Miniature will likely be covered in a dirty-looking, black liquid. Fear not, as this is just the Dettol taking away all the Paint. Scrub for at least 90 Seconds.
  • Scrape Paint out from Recesses using a Toothpick or Cocktail Stick.
  • Rinse in Cold Water for 10 Seconds.
  • Leave to Dry.
Before I'm crucified, sorry for the lack of Pictures, but there's nothing I have that needs Stripping. The Guide should be easy enough to follow, I think. Any Questions you want to ask, or Problems you run into, don't hesitate to Post them up! I'm here to help you!

Thanks for Reading,

Martin
A.k.a. Popsicle
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:13 am

Great Tutorial... too bad no pics. Sad I just messing with ya! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Popsicle

PostSubject: Re: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:21 am

Why, you're welcome! Next time I'm refurbishing some Old Models, I'll be sure to get some Pictures. In fact, what about a Video? I could make a quick Movie-Maker Video on Stripping? That way, you could see exactly how I do it, and what's to be done. Would that be better than Pictures?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:42 am

YES... WAY BETTER! Post in in YouTube and also share in other sites... become the new Internet SuperStar. Wink

That would be awesome! We should do one of Dozer, stripping... MODELS. Man... you people and your dirty minds.
Back to top Go down
Popsicle

PostSubject: Re: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:02 am

Internet SuperStar? No ta; you won't catch a glimpse of me in the Video. Nor will you hear me. I'll be all Ninja with my Disposable Latex Gloves and Toothbrush.

Heeey... if you need to do this, you could use your Birthday Dollar-Store Toothbrush! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:08 am

HAHAH!!! That was GREAT!
Back to top Go down
Popsicle

PostSubject: Re: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:37 am

OMG, I know exactly what to get you for Christmas.

Stripping for British People! Crawfish_toothbrush_holder

LOL
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Hahaha... you need to post this on the BDay thread... hilarious! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:00 am

Reading the title of this post I assumed it was a thread about the movie "the full montey" or something lol.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 2:39 pm

as did i dysturbed...btw love the film
Back to top Go down
Patriarch_79

Patriarch_79

PostSubject: Re: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:25 am

i use nail varnish remover, an old toothbrush & a pin !

nice to know there are alternatives, does Dettol give good results ? as nail varnish remover can sometimes leave paint residues in tight gaps.
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 3:27 am

I'd suggest actually leaving the model in dettol for 24 hours - then the paint actually separates as a single mass and it requires almost no scrubbing. Slower but the results are excellent!

Dettol is probably the most effective techniques I have ever used, once cleaned up the majority of models look almost brand new. I have had a few problems with models base coated with non-modelling sprays.

I'd really suggest it because it is easy, fairly quick to do (admittedly long waiting times) and cheap as.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 1:49 am

the dettol sounds god jammydodger might have to do that sometime
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stripping for British People!   Stripping for British People! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stripping for British People!
Page 1 of 1