Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

24,08,10, quick sparring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

24,08,10, quick sparring Empty
PostSubject: 24,08,10, quick sparring   24,08,10, quick sparring I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:10 pm

When I and friends come out from forest we decided to launch a quick match- my little hannibals, fox fairies and tendi's renegades.
we didn't take any photos, so i have only few obserwations:

kroot vs eldars
i tryied to play kroots without vicious charge- and it determined my kroots to shot rather than chop. (almost the same stats of attacs and a lot of flat terrain). kroots ain't bat as shooting army, at least at athe beggining, but that take from them their advantage in close combat. long tine no seen so many Roll 1's...

*after that i thought ab. changing vicious charge +1s +1ws to air strike madness or somethin like that: Kroot arrior use his enormous strong legs to attack his target from the air and make a jump in last phase of charge to gain +1s and 6+ chance for victim to avoid damage - kroot warrior fly another 1" (2?) in a straight line behind target

* second thing- aldar boss has a sacred armor (4+)at the beginning, but fox managed to change it to aspect warrior heavy armor, which combined with helmet would give 3+ save.
what the hell he can do with sacred armor?? sell? it doesn't have any specified value. transfer to another officer? sacred armor isn't specified as exarh only, but it's description has heavy words as ancient and predecessors .

second battle between eldars and renegades was something like orkish basketball - both teams were managed to throw a grenade into a well at the center (why!?!scratch maby orcs would understand:idea: ).
*there tandi create army of nigthmare- 5officers, 5 militiamen and 5 workers- full stock at the beginning and he had some cash left!
quick battle, 3 casualities on both sides and tendi's grenade in the well
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: 24,08,10, quick sparring   24,08,10, quick sparring I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:32 pm

today we played another 3 battles : governor assassination, missile silo and valkyrie down.

renegades vs kroot
governor assasination was one of the quickiest battle i played- after the setup (open area arrrgh!) tendi started to shoot out every kroot in the sight- i touched dices two times: to check injury and to try to pass rout test. 5 guys ooain first turn. failed rout test. goodbye.

questions&ideas
*governors when not under the care of the officer are under some kind of mass hysteria- they move D6 in random direction and assault objects in their path.
we tried to read the rules but it seems they attack EVERY model in vector. we laughed a lot when one "governor" charged another one.

Eldar vs kroot
on the other hand this was long one, due to eldars high LD i had to take OOA every enemy model except 2 recruits and scenario's reinforcements. after 3rd turn i just forget ab the objective and concentrate on kill'n'beat'n...
i regret that one of my recruits had lad's got talent - it blocked my officer slot fo schaman... and I check eviscerator (S+2, AP5, two handed, bulky, srike last). not a wound. will check another time.

Eldar vs Renegades
that wasn't epic battle- after post battle seq. there was 7 aldars left and... 15 renegades... few turns of running and shooting to fairies.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 24,08,10, quick sparring   24,08,10, quick sparring I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:30 am

- Kroot Air Strike Madness... considering that a Diving Charge has insane amount of bonuses, this seems like an over-kill.

- The "Sacred Armor" is the name of the Special Rule... as stated:
Quote :
An Exarch starts equipped with Aspect Warrior Armor and a Helmet, for a combined Armor Save of 4+.

This means that LATER (unless you are asking to get your ass kicked) you could get him a Aspect Warrior Heavy Armor and pass the Aspect Fighter Armor to someone else.

- Ork Basketball... HA! Put a timer on the grenade and we have a new game!

- Governors attacking Governors: Funny! Defeats the purpose of the Scenario (attacker must sit and watch Governors kill each other) but REALLY funny!

-THANKS FOR SHARING!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: 24,08,10, quick sparring   24,08,10, quick sparring I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:08 am

for air strike madness i meant +1S INSTEAD of furious charge - rule that goes only when kroot are charging enemy. i did'n think ab diving charge bonuses at all.
already kroots look little bit too strong when they charge...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 24,08,10, quick sparring   24,08,10, quick sparring I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:09 pm

Well, that is the point... the Kroot should START the Close Combat. With the Vicious Charge Rule (+1 WS and +1 S when they initiate the Assault), the 'rewarded' behavior' for Kroot is for them to actively being aggressive, rather than sit down and shooting. A few Carnivores can take a Chaos Space Marine (Chaos Cultist Leader) down if they initiate the assault (i.e. the Shaper would be WS 5 and S 5!!!) The challenge for the player is to get his Kroot CLOSE... one has to be sneaky and patient... just a like a hunter!
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: 24,08,10, quick sparring   24,08,10, quick sparring I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:38 pm

maby it's just me or matter of table setup, but take a kroot near tho opponent is rather easy... a little bit too easy. every game which my kroots survived first turn (and take a cover) was quickly ended by slaugthering the enemy... For me and friends it feels little bit overpowered. the three games above was played without vicous charge and... it wasn't hard to kick asses (except one- lack of armor is pain in the ass; well done!). we'll see The New Eldars in next TLRB update and check what happens...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 24,08,10, quick sparring   24,08,10, quick sparring I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Interesting... we had the OPPOSITE effect. Table setup must be a factor. We PACK our tables with multiple levels (2nd & 3rd floors) and shooters tend to climb... they proceed to pick weak opponents off and are harder to assault. Remember that when you assault someone behind cover, THEY get +1 WS, which basically nulifies the Kroot's advantage! So also, strategy can be a factor. We learned that Dozer is way better than me playing Kroot (or anything else for that matter), so anything he plays 1st feels over-powered. Maybe it is the same with you and the Kroot... being a 40k Kroot Player, you tend to know how to maximize them.

Once we start using the Kroot "correctly"... as prowling hunters... we had more success. The initial tests were Kroot vs Cadian, then Catachans (another H-t-H Squad) and then vs Chaos Cultists. I would suggest doing a minor roll reversal... take your friend's Squad, and let him play Kroot. Take a Skirmish Scenario. After you finish, forget injuries and play again... you playing Kroot. Any difference (beside what the dice-gods mandate) in the game?
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: 24,08,10, quick sparring   24,08,10, quick sparring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:31 am

schould try this next time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 24,08,10, quick sparring   24,08,10, quick sparring I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

24,08,10, quick sparring
Page 1 of 1