The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

How to make Slings with Green Stuff (quick tutorial)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: How to make Slings with Green Stuff (quick tutorial)   Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:55 am

Split from this post!

C'mon Kiwi! Even I can do sculpt slings! Heheheh... seriously, I think you can do it. This is how I did a couple back in 2003... and I REALLY had no idea what I was doing!

What you need:
- Green Stuff (duh!)

- Pin Vice... you need one to pin models, and since your skills are growing exponentially, I suggest you get one. They are cheap, ~$5. Unless you get GW's which is $15. Shocked

- Staples... That is what I use for pinning. Sure you can get brass rods (the BEST!), but for little models (not critical pieces) I still use staples. They are small, thin and strong (metal) and ULTRA cheap (free!)

- For sling bullets you could make GS balls or use little sand-rocks.
OPTIONAL: Metal or plastic balls... like for a BB Gun. They are CHEAP (~$5) and plentiful (the counts are in the THOUSANDS!) Y

* Take the hand you want the sling (preferable with a weapon or something) and clip the excess (blade?) so you leave a handle.

* DRILL the handle, and make a PIN.

* Glue the staple, but rather than making the PIN small, leave it a little long... it will help you support the sling!

* While that dries (should not take long), make couple of green stuff ribbons. Their width should NOT be much wider than the BB Gun ball.

* Put the BB Gun ball and fold the ribbon (making a "U").

* Attach the long parts to your PIN.

Alternatively, you could buy ($8.95)... depending how many you need.

The Mordheimer - Death Squads' Chief Editor & Ninja Designer. Bursting with ARACHAS' Dev-Powahâ„¢! Puke
Can't wait until someone invents a time machine so I can go to the specific day in the past that I volunteered for this, so I can kick my own ass.

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: How to make Slings (quick tutorial)   Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:24 pm

That's a cool method Mordheimer - I'll give it a go on the next slings I do (those pre-made slings on the other hand look pretty cool too).

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
How to make Slings with Green Stuff (quick tutorial)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1