Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sibvernius

Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads Empty
PostSubject: Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads   Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:34 pm

I just took over a store in 29 Palms CA and have been working on and off on a game I call Necrontyr which is like Mordheim, but for 40k and using the major armies (not just hive gangs etc) chasing necron artifacts instead of wyrdstone. One of my customers told me about this site and I had to check it out. I am excited to read the rules as they lay right now, and once I get an open month, Id like to run a campaign out here. We have a pretty strong client base, and are about to start a Mordheim campaign on Sep 18th.

I will check back in after a little bit-Thanks for saving me months of time working on the mechanics.

Back to top Go down
Burndown29

Burndown29

PostSubject: Re: Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads   Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:02 pm

JESSE!! Its zach. Glad you got on the forum. looking forward to playing DS at Cry Havoc!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads   Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 9:13 am

Welcome sibvernius!

It feels us (specially me!) with pride and happiness that you liked Death Squads! Not only as a store owner, but as a fellow gamer. Rather that moving or abandoning your Necrontyr project, you could teach us a couple of things or too! Wink All in all, think of Death Squads as YOUR game too! As a Mordheim player, you will find many similarities... but few things have been improved, changed or eliminated. For example, we simulate Overwatch with actions rather than the lame 3rd Edition "I won't move, until you move" (over Necromunda), Armor and Cover has been GREATLY improved (over Mordheim) and the Advanced Critical Hit tables are a blast!

While designing Death Squads, we wanted to move away from forcing the players to be in a specific location and time like Mordheim (City of the Damned, Year 1999 - 2000). If you take Mordheim out of that setting... it weakens. You will notice that Death Squads can be played anywhere and at anytime across the 40k Universe, and the same rules still apply. Death Squads can ALSO be played to enhance 40k games, besides a campaign.

Lets say, for example that you organize a big bash at Cry Havoc. Rather than just a 'plain' 40k game, you decide to do a series of events. First, one Battle Fleet Gothic game to represent the initial invasion. Then a game of Planetstrike (40k) to simulate the physical deployment of troops. Then 2 or 3 games of Death Squads to capture minor objectives... destroy a Force Field Generator or control a Missile Silo... that could give special Strategems to the final game of Apocalypse. The soon-to-be-release v0.6.0 will bring MORE to Death Squads !

In the upcoming version you will see the introduction of Chaos Cultists (old school Chaos mayhem!) and the Kroot Mercenaries; all of them balanced to fit our small scale so they are balanced. You will also see the game restructuring towards Scenarios being more Mission Objectives rather than 'forcing people to rout'... which makes for more intense and memorable games... and lots of little tweaks. After that release, we will be working on the Space Marine Scout Squads and the Space Marine Chapter Squads, along with an old school favorite, The Adeptus Arbites. We will be busy... always trying to bring a better Death Squads experience to all the 40k fans.

I imagine how busy you are, but like I told Burndown29... we will soon have Staff openings, and maybe you could help. Maybe we won't be fortunate enough to be able to horde some of your time, but by helping the locals play the game, they maybe have time to join the effort as Proof Readers, Play-Testers or even Contributors.

Anyway, WELCOME! I'm happy you are here. Any suggestions or ideas... please post. We always listen to everything comes in. Also, fill in your profile and put a banner for your store... free advertising should not hurt! Last, but not least... anything we could do to help your store and your players' experience a little better... PLEASE let us know. I would be honored to help in whatever I can! cheers

Enjoy the forums... and post pictures of your models... even if they are Mordheim. I love pics!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads   Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:13 am

Sounds great, keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Burndown29

Burndown29

PostSubject: Re: Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads   Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:25 am

good news! Jesse has told me that cry havoc will probly have a DS game/possible campaign sometime in december!! yeah!!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads   Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:35 am

Very, very cool! Awesome to see store owners here! Would love to hear feedback from such an event: I bet a ton of people playing will result in a tsunami of constructive criticism!

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads   Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:21 am

Anything new?
Back to top Go down
sibvernius

PostSubject: Re: Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads   Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:51 am

We just finished Mordheim on the 30th.
I am all geared up to read the new rulebook and hope to not only have a store 40k tournament in December but also the beginnings of a few games to a campaign of Death Squads.
I will keep you informed and perhaps include a few pictures as the planning progresses.
For the coming November, we have a GW mini paint competition with three levels of competitors (Novice, amateur, and advanced) as well as a Flames of War Campaign (WWII minis game from New Zeland) Starting with Normandy, to Caen, to the Netherlands to Berlin/Tanksgiving.
Its always busy out here. Death Squads is coming up on the horizon though.
Back to top Go down
sibvernius

PostSubject: Re: Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads   Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:01 am

.... also, I highly advise all of the 40k players to read the November White Dwarf as well as the new Dark Eldar Codex....these are some nasty new changes.... just an FYI
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads   Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:16 am

Thanks for the updates.

You have me interested in what the new white dwarf has to say about the DE.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads   Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Store in 29 Palms interested in Death Squads
Page 1 of 1