Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! Empty
PostSubject: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:08 am

SAO PAULO, BRAZIL — Voters the world over complain about having clowns for politicians, but Brazilians embraced the idea on Sunday by sending a real one to Congress with more votes than any other candidate.

Francisco Everardo Oliveira Silva, better known by his clown name Tiririca, received more than 1.3 million votes in Sao Paulo state in Brazil's presidential and congressional elections. That was more than double the votes of the second-placed candidate in Brazil's most populous state. Tiririca caught the attention of disillusioned voters by asking for their support with the humorous slogan: "It can't get any worse" and a promise to do nothing more in Congress than report back to them on how politicians spend their time.

"What does a congressman do? The truth is I don't know, but vote for me and I'll tell you," the 45-year-old said in his campaign advertisements.

The clown, whose stage name means "grumpy," usually appears in public wearing a blond wig, a red hat and a garish outfit. He survived a last-minute attempt by public prosecutors to bar him from running because of evidence that he is illiterate.

His candidacy may not have been as spontaneous or innocent as it might appear. Tiririca's well-financed campaign will help elect other politicians because under Brazil's election rules he can pass his substantial excess votes on to other candidates in his coalition, which includes the ruling Workers' Party.

Follow this link to see an informative booklet about his campaign. BIZARRE!
Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! 101004-brazil-election-clown-vmed.grid-4x2
Brazilian clown Tiririca caught the attention of disillusioned
voters by asking for their support with the humorous slogan:
"It can't get any worse."

Librarian... is this true? ... and I thought we Puerto Ricans were bad when the famous criminal Toño Bicicleta received 2% of the write-ins for Governor (highest governmental position) of the Island back in the early 90's (I sure voted for him!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:29 am

*sigh*

Yes, it's true. Our politicians are known for their corruption, and stealing form the people. This THING was the most voted candidate this year.

It was, of course, a sort of "troll vote" from the people of São Paulo, but nonetheless IT got elected.

Now, IT has until monday to prove IT can read and write - which IT says IT can.
I personally think IT can't, so let's see.

Oh, God, how I'm ashamed of being Brazilian.
Mord, would you adopt me? Sad
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Well, keep us in the loop... I want to know if IT can read... heheheh.

Me adopting you? Only if you send Cristina first! HA!

BTW... a little off tocpic... remember the Special Character you made long ago? Shhh... yes, THAT one. Well, I'm 99.99% sure we will ALL enjoy its inclusion on TLRB!

The best I can do for my favorite self-conscious-brazilian-former-yet-still-on-my-list-Contributor! Wink
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:18 pm

so an illliterate clown won....how bad were the other candidates?
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:11 pm

@Mord: About Cristina: HA. VERY funny. You, sir, are a married man, remember? Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! 370944 Wow, really? She's in? That's great! My orks will be happy! And about IT: I'll keep you guys informed about it!

@edward: The usual bastards that we encounter anywhere in the globe...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:44 pm

Librarian wrote:
@Mord: About Cristina: HA. VERY funny. You, sir, are a married man, remember? Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! 370944
Yes, but my wife doesn't play Tyranids like your soon-to-be! I don't think I really want to know what your dirty mind was conjuring! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:15 pm

Shocked

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:08 am

fair nuff librarian

@mord...trying to steal some ones fiance much?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:16 am

No! And this is about an illiterate clown! I know how to read. Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:52 pm

so.,..did the clown prove he could read
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:21 am

Yeah... about this...

Hey! Look at that! We got XBL! YAY!

It still under study.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:27 am

WHAT?!?! The guy STILL in Office and they don't know if he can read? COM'N!

Put the guy in front of Congress, give him page 36 of the newspaper and have him read it. If he fails, he is fired AND has to pay all public resources Brazil has spent on him IMMEDIATELY... if he reads (even at a 2nd grade level) then everyone in Congress has to dress up as burlesque clowns (we have to make 'em different than the 'everyday' clowns all politicians are!)
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 8:06 am

Mordheimer wrote:
WHAT?!?! The guy STILL in Office and they don't know if he can read? COM'N!

Put the guy in front of Congress, give him page 36 of the newspaper and have him read it. If he fails, he is fired AND has to pay all public resources Brazil has spent on him IMMEDIATELY... if he reads (even at a 2nd grade level) then everyone in Congress has to dress up as burlesque clowns (we have to make 'em different than the 'everyday' clowns all politicians are!)

And that's exactly what happened. The gave IT a newspaper page and IT did read like a 2nd grader. They also gave IT a small text to write, and IT got half of the words right.

We call this a "functional illiterate".
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:01 pm

wow a barely literate man is in power

kinda like the bush years then?
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:28 pm

edward wrote:

kinda like the bush years then?

LOL! Exactly!
Back to top Go down
franzyland

franzyland

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:41 am

Literacy is secondary to common sense and integrity. I would rather have an illiterate honest man in charge than a well spoken crook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!   Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brazilian illiterate clown triumphs as new Congressman!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Other Topics :: General Interest-
Jump to: