Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP)

Go down 
+3
DeafNala
Mordheimer
Major Sturmm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Major Sturmm

Major Sturmm

Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) Empty
PostSubject: Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP)   Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:13 am

Hey there guys!

On request from Mordheimer. Here are some pics of Death Squad Sturmm. Enjoy! Feel free to comment. Anything to improve my skills.

Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) Major_12
Major Crilles Sturmm. That's my boy!

Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) Enforc11
My trusted Enforcer Brutus Mercilus.

Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) Sturmm12
Sturmm and the winged Meathead!

Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) Troope12
Group shot: smile boys!

Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) Troope13
Get 'm!

Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) Winged11
The winged meathead again.

Well, back to the converting table and make me some sergeants and a priest. And! And! A ruined factory with different levels, bridges, stairs, chemical waste pools and the the like! See ya later!

Sturmm's daddy.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP)   Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:47 am

WOW!!! I really liked your Renegades! Major Crilles Sturmm is my favorite! Very unique. I would suggest detailing the gun a little. I mean, the face-mask is AWESOME!!! ... but then the observer gets distracted by the 'out of place' gun. Since you inked the uniform, the gun seems very one dimentional. SIMPLE fix...
1) Paint the winged skull on the lasgun with bone white.
2) Few 'scratches' (less is more) on the lasgun, helmet and shoulder pads.
3) I ink the retouched items with the same brown you used on the uniform. This will bring the model into cohesion.
4) Drybrush (LIGHTLY!!!) the lasgun, helmet and shoulderpads with the dark green and the uniform with 'light brown'. This will kill (PUN!!!) the glossy shine (unless that is what you want.

You could do that with the other models... but then again, they are meat bags! HA! HEY!!! Where is the close up on the Ogryn? You did a number on him... VERY cool! Question... how did you paint the flesh color? I really like it... I have never been able to pull that shade.

THANKS for sharing! You make Death Squads a better place. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Major Sturmm

Major Sturmm

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP)   Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:05 am

Thanks man! Will certainly do some more work on the models.

More pics will follow! These guys love the catwalk.

For the flesh color on the models I use Shadow Grey as a basecoat, then I choose either Bronzed Flesh, Rotten Flesh or Pallid Flesh for highlighting. Or different layers of them.

The flesh color on the Meathead is Warlock Purple with a heavy wash of Chestnut Ink. This makes for that nice and shiny wet dark red flesh.

Well, back to head quarters. (my turn to do the shopping!)

see ya!

Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP)   Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 10:57 am

VERY COOL whatevers! I get a vague impression these Guys/Thingies do not represent the Forces of Light. Suspect HOWEVER, they are LOVELY conversions AND VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP)   Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:12 pm

'Nice' renegades! Major Sturmm looks very cool - like the head - where is it from? (same question for the enforcer who also looks ace).

Great mix of empire, cadian and zombie parts for your workers - I went down the empire flagellants route (these guys definitely have a love for Papa Nurgle!).

Keep them coming - I'd like to second a closer look at the Ogryn.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP)   Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:19 pm

Very awesome pics. Again, they obviously will work for Chaos... Wink
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP)   Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:33 pm

That is frakin great! Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP)   Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:46 am

Looking great.

My only comment is about the shiny bits of ink.
After you finish painting you should consider using a matte varnish on your figures to protect them.

Some folks spray with a regular gloss clear coat first then follow that with a Testors Dull Coat spray.

The Dull Coat in my experience looks the best but there are other products out there from Krylon that are similar and do a decent job.

If you do this especially on the metal figures you will notice a much longer paint life on your figures especially if you tote them around a lot or store them in the open.
Back to top Go down
Major Sturmm

Major Sturmm

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP)   Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:23 pm

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions on the models! They are indeed not quite ready. I intend to do some more work on them. Make them less shiny, that's for sure.

The heads are "Fallen Legionnaire heads" from MaxMini. They come in blisters of ten heads each.

See you around!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP)   Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 1:33 pm

Cool! Your models are VERY cool... and the fact that you claim they are still WiP makes me giddy with excitement. bounce You and Laney are the same... cool WiP models, AMAZING final stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP)   Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Squad Sturmm pics (WIP)
Page 1 of 1