The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The latest recruits for Varangia: Ogryn and 4 Infantry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Laney

PostSubject: Re: The latest recruits for Varangia: Ogryn and 4 Infantry   Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:51 am

LOL

Deafnalistic! Perfect Very Happy

Thanks Guys - more soon, but I'll post these on a new thread - just for the recruits.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Chuchosky

PostSubject: Re: The latest recruits for Varangia: Ogryn and 4 Infantry   Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:14 am

Shocked

Fantastic, the tatoos, the fire of the flamer, the flesh ...... fantastic, i dont know the word in english, in Spanish was, "cojonudos" !!!
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: The latest recruits for Varangia: Ogryn and 4 Infantry   Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:56 am

I don't think there is much to add to the comments of those who came before me - this is all excellent work! Not sure I'm entirely convinced by the flames at the nozzle of the flame-thrower but don't let that bother you. It isn't that they are painted badly, or anything like that, there is just something that seems odd about them - maybe I am just being paranoid. Agghh, they're out to get me!

The medic markings on the Ogryn bring to life the character you have created, all of which is reinforced by the tattoos and greying temples.

The tattoos are amazingly detailed and show how steady your hands and sharp your eyes must be. I couldn't do something even close to this in quality. Maybe one day...

Would love to see a whole Squad image whenever you finish them because each model is so full of character and personality.

Regards,

Jammer
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The latest recruits for Varangia: Ogryn and 4 Infantry   Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:00 am

Chuchosky wrote:
Shocked

Fantastic, the tatoos, the fire of the flamer, the flesh ...... fantastic, i dont know the word in english, in Spanish was, "cojonudos" !!!

Chuchosky is just like me!!! When I get stumped I can say anything in English. You should see some of the stuff I written... hehehehe.

ESE OGRYN ES LA PUTA OSTIA! Arriesgaria ir a la carcel por el cabron modelo! Shocked

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
edward

PostSubject: Re: The latest recruits for Varangia: Ogryn and 4 Infantry   Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:54 pm

@mord....what?????
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: The latest recruits for Varangia: Ogryn and 4 Infantry   Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:03 pm

@ Jammer: Thanks for the constructive points - you're right, the flames don't look quite right yet - I've got to paint on the 'backwash' of light from the flames over the nozzle to try to make them look more real (no guarantees it will work!). On the tattoos - all you need is a very steady hand and a very fine pen!

Cheers Laney Wink
Back to top Go down
mudboy

PostSubject: Re: The latest recruits for Varangia: Ogryn and 4 Infantry   Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:12 pm

That facial tattoo is great.

@jammydodger; I know what you mean. I think that when a flamer shoots(fires! he he) the flames kind of blossom out in a round shape and then goes upwards.
Like this:

No offense laney. I love your work and your paintingstyle is soooo cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: The latest recruits for Varangia: Ogryn and 4 Infantry   Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:51 pm

I see what you mean - I thought of this as the flame in the process of billowing out, rather in full blast. Maybe I need some proper cinematic effects from Armorcast - rather than just cutting off a brand from the empire flagellants!

I'll see what I can do on the final flamer.

Cheers
Laney Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The latest recruits for Varangia: Ogryn and 4 Infantry   Today at 9:52 pm

Back to top Go down

The latest recruits for Varangia: Ogryn and 4 Infantry
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2