Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2

Go down 
+3
Colonel Prius
Narcissus
sultansean
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sultansean

sultansean

PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2 Empty
PostSubject: PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2   PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:25 pm

PPNCLI Battle 2

After skirmishing with an ork advanced scouting party Captain Reynard the fox leader of 1st Recon Platoon, Princess Patricia’s New Cadian Light Infantry Regiment, felt sure that a major Ork invasion was imminent. After the problems his troopers had had dealing with the Orks in an open engagement Reynard decided to take up a defensive position protecting the local Planetary Defence Missile Silo. As he expected the same squad of Ork infiltrators which his squad had run into earlier, attacked the missile silo.

This time the New Cadians took up elevated position in the ruins surrounding the silo. The Orks were surprisingly teleported into position by their newly acquired Weirdboy, the strain of teleporting his squad members into close proximity would leave the Weird boy drained and a bit confused for the rest of the battle. The orks materializing amongst their position caught the Patricias slightly off guard and it is not sure whether it was shock or the gout of flame from the Ork Burna Boy which knocked the flamer from the roof to lie stunned at the base of the tower. The Patricias reacted quickly though and the first group of Orks were met with a hail of gunfire from the well positioned Guardsmen. The Nob was masterfully taken out of action by a well placed shot from the Imperial snipers high in the tower and the Burner was stunned by a hail of autogunfire.

The Next group of Orks with the Weirdboy teleyported in close to the Guardsmen as well and quickly began to advance towards the silo. The Sneaky boss levelled his shooter and annihilated a brave Sergeant who was rushing to the rescue of the downed flamer. The rest of the Orks moved forward to try and get to grips with the cowardly humies. The Guardsmen kept their discipline and poured a withering fire into the Orks. The Burna and a number of Boys were taken out of action by the Guardsmen who apparently had been practicing on the shooting range since their last engagement.

The confused Weirdboy tried to zap one of the guardsmen but failed to control his psychic power and he was ravaged by the powers of the warp and taken ooa. The rest of the Orks ignored their losses which were starting to mount, and they were now in a position to destroy the missile silo and they surged forward. One Ard boy clamped a demo charge on the silo while other boyz smashed control panels and other vulnerable pieces. Shooting saw a Lieutenant taken ooa by one of the Ork Commandos and a boy charged the recently recovered Flamer. The Imperial reinforcements arrived this turn coming up behind the Ork Kommandos hiding in cover. The guardsmen were again shooting well taking out a number of boyz who were attacking the watchtower. And stunning both Ork Kommandos.

The Orks were now seriously depleted and while they thought about running their eagerness to fight got the better of them and they decided to keep smashin some eads. They were unfortunately unable to do any more damage to the silo though. The Boy fighting the flamer in what would prove to be a decisive move clubbed the flamer down, putting him ooa. With 25% of his squad Captain Reynard decided that since he had no way of stopping the demo charge from going off it would be better to fall back and when the charge exploded the blast would likely set off the missile and annihilate the few surviving orks. (In other words I rolled an 11 on my first rout test.)

This battle was a complete opposite of the last one with me rolling high consistently (not always to my pleasure). The elevated Guardsmen were able to punish the orks who were only ever able to engage one guardsmen in combat. The result that I was able to take 10 orks ooa for the loss of only three guardsmen, however Reynard’s decision to tactically withdraw (he is now being examined by the Commisariat under suspicion of cowardice,) meant that I ended up losing the game in the end.

In the post game both my Flamer (even with a re-roll) and the Burna boy died, everyone else recovering fully. There also leveling up across both squads with one of my recruit groups getting Lads got talent, the new corporal is a welcome addition, having distinguished himself with acts of great gallantry. Including defeating the ork Nob last battle.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2   PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:52 pm

Great battle report. Princess patricias? Ahahaha. My orks didn't even bother trying to get to the guardsmen. They just went straight for the silo and tried to survive the shooting. The guards were all positioned in elevated positions and were hard to get at. I was pretty lucky that the guards routed. A good game.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2   PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:12 am

Nice report (But we want PICTURES! Just Kidding ). Also an excellent point against the routing tests....:p

Seems like you really learned from your last battle and was able to cope with the Ork's allot better. (I just hope my next encouter with the Kroot also sees my tactics improving).

Looking formward to the next report and continuing advetures of the PPNCLI and the Orks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2   PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:53 am

Cool report - definitely want pics next time - to help visualise the game better.

Seems like you took a few early losses and then got stuffed by CR. Maybe try the next scenarios with tactical retreat only at 25%. I'm not surprised the Commissariat are looking into Captain Reynard!

Promethium, missiles and demo charges don't seem to mix (at least for the flamers/burnas)
Flamethrower Shocked

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2   PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:56 am

Frakin awesome....it is great to hear the IG did well as others had gotten creamed by the Orks.

Funny to hear about the Weirdboy zapping himself.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2   PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:33 pm

We do have some pictures. They are a little sad just now. I still have a lot of proxies, we are playing on a kitchen table, and our models are all in "urban grey camo" (unpainted!). I will put some up soon though.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2   PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:48 pm

Here you can see the surviving orks (modelled as chaos warriors!) attacking the missile silo (coconut milk can).

PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2 Image
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2   PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:42 pm

Great work, keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2   PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:52 am

Wow, where did you get those walkways? They rock...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2   PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:04 am

FINALLY!!!!! Walkways!

Using the terrain as you did (as well as those goat offerings to the dice-gods!) made a huge difference. GREAT report! Thanks for sharing!

What happened to the Nob? Did he recovered?
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2   PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PPNCLI vs. Orks Round 2
Page 1 of 1