Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun

Go down 
+3
Da Bank
Lydor
Laney
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun Empty
PostSubject: Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun   Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Here is a Mordian Squad test model (I plan a Zulu/Crimean war type paint scheme - but only in the very loosest sense for any of you history nuts!). He is carrying a hellgun I made from a scout sniper rifle and IG missile (from a heavy weapon squad). I'm quite pleased witht he result and will post a tutorial of my second go. I've also got a hell pistol tutorial almost finshed.

Anyway here he is...

Staff Sergeant James R. Hartley

Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun Img_7441
Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun Img_7442
Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun Img_7443

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lydor

Lydor

PostSubject: Re: Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun   Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:31 pm

looks awesome man!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun   Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Wow, pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun   Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:05 pm

VERY COOL START! You're becoming the I.G.'s answer to Orkdom's War Boss Kurgan. The extra work on the Hell Gun really makes the mini. What a Face
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun   Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:42 am

Very nice!

Is it a combination of standard Cadian torso, arms, High Elf legs and a head from somewhere I don't know, maybe Chaos Knight? Or Empire Greatsword?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun   Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:28 pm

The main torso, arms and legs are all Cadian (the legs are greatcoat legs from the cadian command squad set). The head is from the Empire pistoliers/outriders set, which has some great bearded helmets (also loaded with parts for Mordheim). I plan on producing some rough riders with the spare parts and some Cadian bits (but that is a much later project). The backpack is catachan and the other bits are described in the tutorial for the hellgun that I've just added.

So it's pretty much a simple head swap! (and gun conversion)

More pics of the officers for this squad to follow (all five are ready)

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun   Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:17 pm

sweet i can't wait to see more laney
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun   Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 3:07 am

Hi Guys,

A few snapshots of the squad as it develops, including a rough rider made from an empire pistolier with several IG parts (counts as Ogryn). The guy with the plasma pistol is going to be converted to a medic - the rest are my eventual officer corps. I thought they should use plasma weapons and lots of hellguns (I enjoyed converting those)! i need to go and buy a cadian squad (and possibly a command squad and pistoliers set to finish the rest of the models).

My 'Ogryn' - I've never climbed with an ogryn so I think it will be ok! Note the cricket bat - a common game for guardsmen who hail from the Britannicus Cluster and ont he other side some wine bottle for a little tipple afterwards!
Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun Img_7450

The squad so far, 6 officers (with lads got talent), medic and Ogryn. I now need to build lots of cheap shooty recruits....
Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun Img_7451

My three hellgun conversions...
Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun Img_7452

Cheers Laney Shocked

Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun   Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:02 am

Laney, you keep rocking. Awesome conversions.

I got a ton of bits from Mord in a trade (watch out for his Valhallan squad in the future!), so I'm definitely going to try your hellgun conversion. I can't find tubing like you have, but I'm gonna give it a shot with guitar strings.

Btw, where did you get all those Cadian sniper arms with capes? I reckon there's one per Cadian Command box...
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun   Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Two are from two different command squad boxes (I'm addicted to those things for parts). The other one (on the right) is a spare from a space marine scout - I had to cut some cadian arms and fit the scouts hands into place - unfortunately at some point I removed the piping that was already there. But if you are after sniper rifles - it's more work, but marine scouts box has five and you've got yourself the start of a scout squad for playtesting!

Electrical wiring stripped out from a cable would serve pretty well as hellgun wires.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun   Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Test model for a Mordian (Praetorian Squad) with converted hellgun
Page 1 of 1