The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

use other lists when you play a single or campaign?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kadafwer

PostSubject: use other lists when you play a single or campaign?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:33 pm

Do you use the same squadlist when you play a single game as when you play a campaign or do you use a special for single games only?
Hmm. did you understand the question? hehe
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: use other lists when you play a single or campaign?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:10 pm

No... I'm lost! Hehehehe... not unusual for me. Just Kidding

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
kadafwer

PostSubject: Re: use other lists when you play a single or campaign?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Hehe, i think i've lost myself to.

like, when you play a campain you do a squad with so many Officers you can and many Recruits so the can advance later on and so on

But if you play one single game (non-campain game) do you build your Squad on a different way? lesser fighters and more armour and weapons?

My friends live 3 - 5 hours away so we won't play any campains until the summer. Sometimes i really don't like english, haha, hard to explain sometimes
Back to top Go down
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: use other lists when you play a single or campaign?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Usually you build a list and you play that list through the campaign. So yeah, models advance, gain experience, get better weapons.

For one-off games, you could set a certain amount of points to play for (more than the regular 750). This will allow you to buy more gear and skills (Mord has a system for this).

If my friends were that far away, I'd arrange for a weekend and play a ton of games in a row!

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: use other lists when you play a single or campaign?   Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:35 am

Ohhh! For single games I go CRAZY!!!! I cheat... I go for max Squad size and screw everything. I mean, we "forget" Turn Limits and fight to the bitter end. Heheheh... sometimes we go for more points (1,000 points), more XP (Officers get +6 XP and Recruits +2 XP), no rarity limits and build stuff that makes no sense! Ask jd3 about us testing the Heavy Bolters. HA! We play a 1 vs 1 vs 1 game... Objective? To kill everyone! jd3 played Eldar, Dozer played CC (Chaos Undivided) and I plated CC (Khorne)... somehow there were 7 Heavy Bolters on the table and we picked on the fairies. Unfair as hell... but funny!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Balrogthebuff

PostSubject: Re: use other lists when you play a single or campaign?   Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:55 am

I want to try a Death Corps list with everyone only having a pair of Combat Knives or other low tech weapons. See how much numbers would affect that result. It would be a fun math experiment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: use other lists when you play a single or campaign?   

Back to top Go down

use other lists when you play a single or campaign?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1