Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Albino

Go down 
+20
Long_John_Silver
shrike
way-of-the-warrior
Colonel Prius
Dysturbed
DoZer
zeeL
schoon
Mordheimer
Gatlag Stonetooth
jammydodger
Arachas
shneddie
DeafNala
kadafwer
cody20
Da Bank
moggd
DoomOnYou72
Laney
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:54 pm

This is the WIP of an ork boss for Mordheimer, based on his ideas of the Albino. I've included three grots as wound counters (one on the backpack) and magnetised them to a larger base. Here's some pics...

The Albino Img_7621#
The Albino Img_7622
The Albino Img_7623
The Albino Img_7624#
The Albino Img_7625
The Albino Img_7626

Feedback Welcome

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:34 pm

That looks pretty damn cool. The kaikaze git is slick. The little git with the bosspole reminds me of the guy that used to come with the old Ghazgull model.
Back to top Go down
http://doomiesden.blogspot.com/
moggd

moggd

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Phenomenal as always! Love seeing all the great stuff you come up with!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:55 pm

Pure greatness.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 4:34 am

I also did a bust of 'The Albino' on which to test the skin colour, before doing the main model. It is my first ever sculpt of a face (in detail, at least).

A couple of WIP shots
The Albino Img_7510
The Albino Img_7511

The finished article... minus paint of course
The Albino Img_7627
The Albino Img_7628

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:56 am

So can i have that ork?
Back to top Go down
kadafwer

kadafwer

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 6:36 am

Wow, the bust became really cool, nice work with the green stuff.
I think you did a good job where the arms end, not just a dead end but to se the bone.

The plate that the bust stands on is neet to.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:33 am

Those are GREAT LOOKING minis...the Albino & his Loader are SPECTACULAR!...as is the Little Fly Boy. If you haven't checked it out, you've got to take a peek at The Waaagh Forum for additional inspiration: http://www.the-waaagh.com/home.htm .
The only thing that looks odd to moi is the telescopic sight; i.e., it looks like the small end should be the part closest to the eye. Suspect

Last edited by DeafNala on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kadafwer

kadafwer

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:36 am

It's a gtetchin, they aren't the smartest in the universe;)
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:27 pm

I've been pondering that myself Deaf - thanks for the feedback - I reckon I can fix it quite easily. The concept was of a preposterous sight that doesn't really work.

Laney Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
shneddie

shneddie

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 4:39 pm

That is a sweet lookin model, looks really nice.
Only thing i will say is about the arm stumps on the albino, they should have 2 bits instead of 1 for the 2 bones. i know it seems picky but...
Just my input feel free to ignore me Wink
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Laney, what kind of tools do you use for modelling? I can't imagine you produce all this coolness with just a GW sculpting tool.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 8:50 pm

That little nubbin sticking out of his arm shouldn't actually be there (I was going to attach hand originally). I should really file it off or model it int he way you guys suggested.

@ Arachas: My current tools of choice are a colour shaper (this is the best sculpting buy ever - I'm sure better sculptors than me will agree) I picked up from a local art store and a set of metal clay shaping tools I came across at a Maplin Electronics shop. It was a huge set of shaping tools (about 20), all superior to the GW shaping tool and for around twice the price (for the WHOLE SET). I do have GW tool - but I never use it - too fat!

I've also been told that dentists tools are useful - but I've never tried those.

Hope this helps
Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:13 pm

Both versions of the Albino are nice pieces of work - the bust is brilliant because it is an unusual take on the W40k universe. The sculpting is very fine work, although the ears are noticeably different in size and he does appear to lack some definition in the 'breast' area (I wouldn't be as far as calling them bitch-tits, but I think you could give them some bulk).

For the miniatures version - excellent conversions on the grots and a brilliant execution on the wounds marker concept. Overall the model looks like a fairly standard build, although the plasticard shoulder-pad (how did you bend it to shape?) looks very true to the art and the hand is from the AoBR box set nobz. My only suggestion on improving the model would be the GS'd neck - the texture (at least from the photo) doesn't look like skin, nor cloth or fur but rather like you've pushed it into place with the GW sculpting tool (despite the fact that you don't use it). It is a minor thing and easy to hide with paint but I think it would be a great way to kick it up a notch.

[K]adafwer's explanation for the back-to-front scope is excellent: stupid grot just put it on wrong how true to fluff is that?

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Thanks again for the feedback Jammer.

I left the chest area the same as the ogre, because I followed the other big orks that I have (most notably snikrot) and he has a similar shape - so it's quite orky. The ears are similarly meant to be different sizes (as they have been damaged over the years - the left one has been chewed up a little).

The body is almost entirely ork nobz box set, as you say a standard build. The plastic card is scored and snapped into place - it was going to be home to a targeting squig (until I lost it on the sofa!), so a skull replaced it. No AOBR parts on these models. The GS neck is actually a feature (it didn't come out so well on the photos - I'm rubbish at photos. His head has been re-attached and sewn back on, so the skin is meant to look pinched and there are 5 or 6 'threads' attaching the head and body together on the top and more all the way round the neck.

I'm probably going to extend the scope on the grot, based on what people have said.

Cheers Laney
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:19 pm

Every comment I make you've already thought out - brilliant! I can't help but feel this is the sign of a craftsman (or a bullshitter Laughing). I was so sure about the AoBR piece but then again orks aren't my cup of tea.

If you are happy with ears and torso that is great. Your logic is sound and my advice can be happily discarded.

The head surjeery sounds excellent and I'm sure it is just the photo, not the model, which is at fault.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:41 am

Honestly no BS! Wink Mordheimer was after an Ork with his head removed and sewn back. I may do a tiny bit of GS to emphasise the scar created.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:21 am

I've got nothing else to say than "Awesome stuff!". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:25 am

BY THE EMPEROR'S (dead) SPERM!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!

My eyes are watering... AGAIN!!! The model is SUPERB!!! The Albino finally has a great representation! I mean... he looks mean as hell! The Gretchins at his side fits PERFECTLY with his background and story... and the use of Okyfied technology is out-of-this world!

The Gretchins are PERFECT too! bounce The 'sniper' is GREAT! I saw it and laughed... "The idiot must complaint CONSTANTLY that the humies are out of range!" as his scope is backwards! The guy on the Powa Suit is hilarious... LOVED the exaggerated goggles and the dual-dakka... ha! Death from Abov... SPLAT! Skull The Boss Pole is magnificent. Has LOTS of character!

You made a bust? Just to test colors? You ARE insane! It looks ... fabulous! I do not know what to say man... WOW!

PS: Yes, it is true that The Albino got his head re-attached. More on his story later... I will submit it to W-o-t-W for his newsletter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:28 am

No paint yet - I ran out of primer last week and I have only just got some more (just in time to go away for the weekend! Sad )

Soon

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
schoon

schoon

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:58 pm

OK, forgive my ignorance, but who is "The Albino" (besides an Ork Warboss, obviously)?

Great work, BTW.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scholaprogenium.com/
Laney

Laney

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:46 am

The Albino was/is Mordheimer's boss from his last campaign. There is a great bit of fluff about him on page 88 of volume 3. Mord can fill in the rest!

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:04 am

Heheheh... read the Battle Reports on this post. The Albino will make a comeback... and he will NOT be gentle!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
zeeL

zeeL

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:08 am

very good,
you really have skill - and taste - in conversion & modelling!
Back to top Go down
http://thepiratebay.org/
Laney

Laney

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Thanks zeeL - I'm just hoping I can get the painting to the right standard. Here is the test model (which was a rush job - just to play with some colours - the end result will be a shade or two lighter - went a little mad on the washes - but my wife called it mint green (even without me saying so). The iron gob on the real thing will be a dark red colour (around scab red in tone).

The Albino Img_7629
The Albino Img_7630

Better things to come...

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Albino Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Albino   The Albino I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Albino
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum