The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Albino

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:07 pm

Ok eyes are done (not pics - so it might be lies). I did have a big post ready in my head about the hugely dodgy biological premise of the orks skin colour etc in the first place - but decided just to tell you what I did. I stayed fairly traditional and went for pink eyes (not red) to represent some loss of pigment (in the same way that his skin is almost white - still a little green). The mix was warlock purple base, 50:50 wpurple and bleached bone and a dot highlight of bleached bone - no obvious pupil. I like it and it looks weird!

I'll post a WIP pic later tonight once I've added more and then that will be it until Mordheimer gets it (I'll start on the grots and post those though).

Ta Laney

shrike

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:32 pm

is that grot on top of the albino making a rude gesture to do with one's penis and the hand? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:35 am

Not intentional I assure you!

Laney Very Happy

Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Some more WIP pics - just to show you I've not been too idle!

Ta Laney Very Happy

Long_John_Silver

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:46 pm

It is an excellent looking model. I think the skin tone looks great. I also really like the digital camo pattern and the empty shell casings. The blood on the circular saw blades looks ace as well; I think less is more for blood and most people go way overboard, but yours looks fantastic.
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Looks outstanding Laney. I think you have a winner here.
Back to top Go down
http://doomiesden.blogspot.com/
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:47 am

Wow! Sweet update!
Looking good so far! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:42 pm

EDIT!

I just edited my own post.

This is FANTASTIC!!! The Green on the Gretchin does make The Albino look pale as a ghost... with a greeninsh tint! The tattoo on his arm is AWESOME! The digital camo is amazing... you pulled it off!

PS: I will PM you the picture I was going to post.... hehehehe... Do NOT open the PM if you are squeamish.

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:16 pm

BEAUTIFULLY WELL DONE! That is a VERY IMPRESSIVE piece.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:11 pm

affraid Whoa, he looks amazing! The big choppa looks very realistic.
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:49 am

Thanks Guys!

I hope to finish him soon and move on to his retinue (wound counters) and the base - these shouldn't take as long with no difficult skin colours to paint! I may just get this part of my monthly goal finished.

Laney cheers

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:20 am

Well... this was a GREAT surprise for me. Laney, like a good Sneaky Boss, decided to ship The Albino without telling me. I received it few days ago, but it was left unseen ( Shocked ) for few days! There are no words to describe Laney's talent. The techniques are totally different than DeafNala's (you still my favorite artist!), but Laney's masterful use of weathering and out of this world brush control is evident!

First, he built this 'bust', so he could try the color scheme. Just let that sink in... he built this 'bust'. WTF?! Any normal person would have tested in a crappy model... but not Laney! He built this think from scratch and tested away. His 'poor' tests are 250% better than my best model.

You are not convinced? Check out the close ups; the neck stitches and even weathering on the Ork-skull! The level of insanity is WAY up!

Here I present the final model. There are LOTS more pictures to post, as this model also has a larger base to put some Gretchins on it. It is 4:20am... I have been taking pics for DeafNala (expect his post soon!). I will post the others later.

WHAT? You want to see some details? OK! I aim to please. Check 'em out!

Laney... thanks for the wonderful work! cheers

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:39 am

Here are the OTHER pictures! First, one of the 'wound' markers... a Gretchin with a Pea Shoota.

Now, the Gretchin with the WAAAGH! Banner.

All together, they form a great diorama! Yes, I know I put the models in the wrong place... but I was looking for an artistic view.

BONUS!!! This is my new little pride & joy! My very own Gretchin in a Powa Sut! Isn't him da best! (Don't tell Da Albino I said that!)

Back to top Go down
Sev

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:30 am

words cannot express the awesome

great job
Back to top Go down
Chuchosky

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Shocked Awasome
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:30 pm

Agree on the awesomeness! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:30 am

Thanks for the ace comments - I think the photography has shown it off in a far better light than I could ever have managed (at least until I get a light box and gubbins in my shed!).

I wish I'd set out the diorama as Mord had it - looks superb and much more dynamic that way! The pea shoota grot is trying to be a 'Catachan' with camo paint on his face and the red headscarf thing. The powa sut guy, was originaly built as part of a halloween diorama I planned, with three grots (1 ultramarine, 1 space wolf and a dark angel) knocking on the door of an imperial guard outpost asking for candy (and carrying a big pack of dynamite for the trick). Never got past the grot models though and he looked much better with a rocket strapped to his back! (I might go back and do that diorama though - they are bound to have a halloween modelling painting thing this year at the GW store.

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:03 am

I hereby officially declare Laney as

Emperor of Mankind

Otherwise known as The Paint God™.

I have spoken.

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:06 am

Absolutely amazing! The power suit grot would have to be my favorite though.
Back to top Go down
edward

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:52 pm

sheer awesome Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Albino   Today at 3:37 am

Back to top Go down

The Albino
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3