The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello Everyone.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Red Kaiser

PostSubject: Hello Everyone.   Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:00 am

Hi I'm from the UK... I haven't checked your rules (for the game) yet but I've played something that sounds a bit like it (from what I've been told)called World in Arms which I really enjoyed so with luck I'll enjoy this as well.

I don't know what to say Very Happy If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone.   Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:52 am

Hi and welcome! I havn't played World in arms, so can't really compare it with that, but if you like intelligent campaign games with an RPG element situated in the 40k universe, then you are in the right spot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone.   Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Welcome! Where in the UK?

Download the rules, have a look and most of all enjoy!

You could tell us a bit about yourself, any 40k armies etc (and post pics of anything you've done).

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Red Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone.   Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:47 am

Laney wrote:
Welcome! Where in the UK?

Download the rules, have a look and most of all enjoy!

You could tell us a bit about yourself, any 40k armies etc (and post pics of anything you've done).

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Based in the Southwest, I actually live in the middle of nowhere but I move around a bit so I sometimes visit bigger places in Devon and Cornwall. However I may be moving soon... I don't know where but Scotland and Wales are on the cards (around the capitals) and I've also looked at Oxford.

I used to play EPIC (haven't had anyone to game with in a while and not sure where my EPIC stuff is now), I've played Gothic (never got round to having my own fleet but I'm thinking about it.... Eldar or Tau), I do a bit of Fantasy but it isn't really my thing. I've done bits of Necromunda, Mordhiem (sp?) & Inquisitor when they've been run. I like to play Arbiters in Necromunda because not only are they cool but I get to play songs by The Clash in the background Just Kidding.

So 40k is my main game and I have waaaaaaay tooo much stuff (If you can have too much 40k.) 30-40k points of stuff wouldn't surprise me. I have no pics and my camera is broken which is something I'm going to have to solve because I'm currently working on 2 projects to build 3 super-heavies that are bigger than Warlords/Mantas and what is the point if you can't take pics? Hah they might actually be big enough that I could do some death squad battles on them as the battlefields Just Kidding

Well as I have a Necromunda Arbites squad they might very well get involved in Death Squads (if I can find anyione to play), I also have a 2,000pt kroot merc army (from the old WD list) so they might be seen and I've always fancied doing some kind of Nurgle force so you might see renegade guard/Chaos cultists.
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone.   Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:00 am

Excellent, I've been building a nurgle cultists squad in between finishing my orks and some other stuff.

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone.   Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:17 am

Quote :
So 40k is my main game and I have waaaaaaay tooo much stuff (If you can have too much 40k.) 30-40k points of stuff wouldn't surprise me. I have no pics and my camera is broken which is something I'm going to have to solve because I'm currently working on 2 projects to build 3 super-heavies that are bigger than Warlords/Mantas and what is the point if you can't take pics? Hah they might actually be big enough that I could do some death squad battles on them as the battlefields. Just Kidding

Always the same! People say they have a million-k in 40k, but no proof to back it up! PICS, I SAY!

But seriously... welcome. Wink

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone.   Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Welcome to the group!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone.   Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:31 pm

Welcome, Red Kaiser!!!

I'm glad you found us! World in Arms (WiA) was a great game! I personally consider it the grandaddy of fan-based skirmishes. While there are similarities, WiA is basically Mordheim-in-Space. While there is nothing wrong with that, is not my personal cup of tea. Since day one, we have battle to break that (and other) molds. Death Squads is more a tool for story tellers and role-players... you can create your own legends and figures for 40k. As you learn the rules, you will see that our focus is more on Squads and their development on a time & space of YOUR choosing (contrary to Mordheim and WiA which dictates time & space, Necromunda that places the location, etc.)

Anyhow... WELCOME!!!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone.   Today at 7:58 pm

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: