Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ork Warband List.

Go down 
+2
Kiwi
Zelpha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zelpha

Ork Warband List. Empty
PostSubject: Ork Warband List.   Ork Warband List. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:32 pm

Hello forum.

I'm new to Death Squad, been looking for something like this for awhile.
As a big fan of Mordheim and an avid 40k gamer, this system is perfect for me and i'm really enjoying the games i've played so far. cheers

This is going to be my first real Death Squad! Here goes...

Officers
Nob:Slugga, Big Choppa and Iron gob.
Sneaky Boss:Slugga, Choppa and Choke Grenades(1).
'Ard Boy:Slugga and Choppa
'Ard Boy:Slugga and Choppa

Recruits.
Ork Boy:Slugga and Choppa
Ork Boy:Slugga and Choppa
Kommando:Slugga, Choppa and Choke Grenades(1)
Kommando:Slugga, Choppa and Choke Grenades(1)
Pain Boy:Slugga and Combat Knife.

If my maths and understanding of the system is correct this list is 750 on the nose.

One question.
Does the Big Choppa's +2S count towards the 5S needed for One-handed wielding?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

Ork Warband List. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Warband List.   Ork Warband List. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 am

My understanding is that two handed weapons may be used 1 handed based on the models strength, so vicious charge would allow a kroot head hunter for example to use them 1 one handed, but strength bonuses which only come into effect when making an attack do not.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

Ork Warband List. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Warband List.   Ork Warband List. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:17 am

Solid first list. Just a few things...

You can only have rarity 5 or less items for officers at initial recruitment - so no big choppa or iron gob for your boss to start.

I'd swap choke grenades for smoke grenades to cover your advance (these are vital against the 'shootier' squads out there. Drop the sluggas off the boyz (they can't shoot anyway!) to either recruit an extra boy or kommando. Also consider clubs rather than choppas for your recruits (I reckon you could get another recruit that way).

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordoten

Ork Warband List. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Warband List.   Ork Warband List. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:13 pm

Hmmm... for a game thats supposed to be about stories and fluff it's seems kinda odd that every time someone posts a squad suggestion the advice is always "drop equipment, get more models"

Stories my rear...
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

Ork Warband List. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Warband List.   Ork Warband List. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:07 pm

@ Mordotem: Thank you for your constructive comments Mordoten - How would you suggest the squad should be built for someone new to the game?

My own suggestions were made in order to help a new player increase his chances of winning a game or two. If you then look at the suggestions - they start by pointing out that some of the equipment does not work within the limits of the rules (therefore more is available for other things). Plus, as the squad builds (long campaigns = stories) the player can acquire more equipment. Swapping smoke for choke grenades and suggesting that the squad includes two more models (at most) is hardly creating hoard of naked orks.

As this is generally regarded as a starting squad, then the stories (beyond the initial fluff) come from playing the game as part of a long campaign and building the squad up from scratch - not usually in whether or not the 3rd Boy in my list (he would always have a name in my lists) has a club or a choppa.

For example in my Green Devils Kommandos, my Ard Boy Skumgrim Grotshak shooting down an Eldar Pathfinder sniper with a sublime critical hit with his old slugga or my Kommandos emerging from hiding and rushing a unit of Eldar Guardians tearing them up and causing them to flee in terror. Or, perhaps my Weirdboy Werzgrot Da Twisded Wun blowing himself up for the third game in a row as the result of a warp infested hand. These are the game created story elements. Not one of these elements of the story of my ork squad is linked to the make up of the starting squad (Nor for that matter is the fluff for these guys).

I have posted several 'fluffy' squad lists in this section which don't follow the pattern you describe for example, my chaos cultists list (yes it is a hoard - but a hoard with fluff) and my rogue trader list (based on I.R.). So yes, of course it is about stories. Ever played an RPG? Do you start fully loaded with equipment? No, you build up, because otherwise all you get is boring Munchkins.

Laney

If you want to make a point regarding optimal vs fluffy lists there is actually a thread open on that in this section already.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

Ork Warband List. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Warband List.   Ork Warband List. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:32 pm

+10 to Laney. Excellent post buddy.

To the OP: I like the list, and others have caught the mistakes. No biggy though, and it will free up some points for you to get more boyz.

Personally, I'd play a game or two with either more boyz without slugga's or with slugga's. Although optimizing on bodies is a great thing, sometimes your play style leans more towards a little more shooty. Find what works best for you and stick with it.
Back to top Go down
Zelpha

Ork Warband List. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Warband List.   Ork Warband List. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks for all the feedback.

I'll change around the Nobz list to make him legal and look into maces for my men.
The grenades I want to play with, I like the idea of the choke grenades more than anything.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Ork Warband List. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Warband List.   Ork Warband List. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 11:09 pm

Hhehehe.. my Boyz come with Sluggas but no ammo!! That gets them REALLY pissed off "WAT DA WARP?!? WHY IS ME SLUGGA NOT CHUGGING NO DAKKA?!?" Eventually I get them some bullets.

Thus, they start with clubs and then upgrade to Sluggas. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

Ork Warband List. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Warband List.   Ork Warband List. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ork Warband List.
Page 1 of 1