Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ClausLars

1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters Empty
PostSubject: 1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters   1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:02 pm

Working out my first list and figured I'd get an eval. I wanted the Captain to be relatively well equipped to make the most of his discount, but skipped a rare above 5 because of the high cost. I figure with a BS of 5 he'll be pretty deadly and I'll upgrade his weapon ASAP. I was thinking I might drop his sword and buy the Sergeants mauls, but not sure if I want to. The HWS will hopefully survive and gain a heavy stubber quickly, when he doees, the medic will get his auto pistol. I'll be trying for a Ripper gun for the Ogryn as quickly as possible as well.

Well, let me know what you think.

100: Jenkala's Urban Fighters

OFFICERS

55: Captain
00: Combat Knife
32: Bolter
11: Reflex Scope
02: Baton
10: Flak Jacket
10: Helmet

42: Lieutenant
22: Autogun

42: Lieutenant

36: Sergeant
05: Baton

36: Sergeant

RECRUITS

25: Infantryman

25: Infantryman

32: Medic

36: HWS
27: Flamer

36: HWS
15: Grenade Launcher

40: Jenkala Sharpshooter

TOTAL SPENT: 749

Last edited by ClausLars on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters   1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:46 am

It's a very solid list. If anything it seems to lack a little 'bite' - something appropriately kill to worry the opposition. Autoguns are definitely good for recruits (particularly on the regional platoons where money is tight).

Some things to consider...
You might think its a bit early, but the HG for the urban fighters (Sharpshooter) is very nasty (and you could drop the Ogryn and have cash spare to upgrade you captain).
Ogryn 72 (plus you'll need to buy a ripper gun and armour to help him survive) Sharpshooter 40 (with 15 upkeep admittedly) - already has basic armour, long las etc. plus he gain experience as an officer.
Either way, the Ogryn might be a better later campaign purchase to add a little punch to the squad.

The Captain could benefit from the rare 5 choice in two ways... Get him Carapace for an extra 7 credits (drop the sword to pay for it), or get him a bolter (drop the autogun and sword to get most of the way there). This guy with a bolter is very dangerous even in the first game.

Other than that very solid!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: 1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters   1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:41 pm

Yeah...I know what you mean about no bite, I just couldn't bring myself to spend the credits on a grenade launcher then take the hit when I sell it. Wish I could give the HWS an autogun, at least that could be passed to another Infantryman down the line.

I was torn about the bolter...32 is a lot upfront, but with a BS 5 he should be deadly so early on. But I think you're right, ditch the Ogryn...I really wanted one to start but I guess I'll just have to hope I don't suffer too bad of losses and can buy one (including a gun) without too long a delay. So I'll ditch the Ogryn,

I think I may start with the sharpshooter he's a steal for 40 credits (though upkeep adds up). I definitley want a Demolition expert eventually, it would allow me a maximum of 9!! traps which would really help in any scenarios where I'm a defender.

The above is done, but now I'm unsure what to do with my remaining 13 credits...I'm also not completely sold on the sharpshooter, would I be better off fielding a second Infantryman to increase the odds of a LGT? I guess if I'm going to get an LGT I'd probably rather it be a HWS...or best case would be geeting it twice from my eventual Ogryn.

Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: 1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters   1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Although you might be right wanting to invest in a second HWS guy, I'd personally just go with one and buy another recruit, or just go with two flamers. Trust me, flamers are NASTY. A lot of Xenos scum rely on Cover Saves. Are you really going to let them get away with that?

The CO with a Bolter is what I'd do. I also equip all my Officers with swords, so they pack some punch on the counter-assault. Even a shooty squad like the Jenkala need a way to plug holes in their line. I find the Lieutenants with their WS and BS of 4 to be quite adept at close combat, apart from their obvious long-ranged nastiness.

Considering the shootiness of the Urban Fighters I'd go with autoguns on your sergeants as well. Stick to cover and keep shooting!
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: 1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters   1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:07 pm

I'd like more hand-to-hand weapons to be sure, but it may just not be in the credits. I could potentially the 13 saved credits for a pair of mauls for the Lts, but then that kills any chance of my Sergeants getting Autoguns (which I'm currently 1 shy of being able to give them both one). I think mauls may be what I have to do.

If you could only have one, Lts with mauls or Sergeants with Autoguns which would you choose? I could downgrade my Captain's sword to a Chain and get the needed credits for two autoguns.

Third option...should I just give the autopistols to my fodder...I mean Infantrymen? That would allow me to give both Lts a maul, my Captain keeps his sword (whats a commanding officer without a sword), and my Sergeants get autoguns...but lose their second hand-to-hand weapon with without pistols.

I could drop the HWS for a recruit and save 4 credits, but is that really worth it? I might be hurting my chances of winning my fist battle a bit, but what price would you put on that single XP the HWS will earn. Or the fact that to get a second HWS afterwards with a Heavy Stubber I'd need 81 credits. He's only 4 credits more than the Infantryman so I'd rather stick with him and hope his limited range doesn't cost me the battle.

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters   1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:31 pm

On the grenade launcher - I'd get it at 16 credits (you get a 'free' frag - worth 8 credits) - then sell it - I believe, but might be wrong, at half price. So you get a grenade launcher, which takes the pressure off having to get a heavy stubber early and you use the frag (8 credits worth) and then sell it back for 8 credits = break even.

Spend the 13 credits (plus the autopistol cost on a grenade launcher + an extra frag grenade) and keep the spare 4.

That sharpshooter will own in the early game - and possibly help you win - just try not to think about his cost in the long run. If you use 'consumables' like grenades tehy turn out to be similar to upkeep costs - plus this guy will get better with experience and although he's an officer he doesn't impact on your LGT potential (other than stopping you getting another autogun toting recruit for more (short term) cash).

Arachas brings an interesting point with flamers - I always stacked my squads with flamers (my catachans had three due to LGT), but that was before heavy stubbers (maybe an officer investment - like prius did, rather than for the recruits).

I'd go for autoguns over mauls and I find swords too expensive for a shooty squad like the urban fighters at initial recruitment.

Regardless of what you go for - enjoy (It all changes after the first game anyway!). My Squad Captain for my urban fighters suffered severe injuries after game 1 and ended up with a bionic eye, leg and arm - and Captain Gimpy was born. Best laid plans and all that...

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: 1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters   1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Ditched the sword for a baton, gave both sergeants an autogun and one of them a club, Swapped the HWS Autopistol for a Grenade Launcher (only one shot though) so he's a threat...if I get lucky.

Now just one credit to spare so nothing I can buy with that. I do wish I'd have the credits to get my captain a rope and hook, but I was one short I would have had to ditch his CC weapon altogehter ant at only 2 credits it seemed like a must.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters   1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 3:37 am

Looks great to me - you've got firepower and specific threats from a number of sources. With the traps (particularly with the demo expert later on), you've got some good edges.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: 1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters   1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:34 am

Yeah, the swords are mostly in there to compensate for my lousy tactics. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters   1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st list-Jenkala's Urban Fighters
Page 1 of 1