Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Regulars (IR Squad)

Go down 
+10
mudboy
Da Bank
Mordheimer
Sev
Narcissus
Laney
Mordoten
DoomOnYou72
Arachas
Gatlag Stonetooth
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mudboy

mudboy

The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:31 pm

How did you fuck up chuck?
He look's ... creppy.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:01 pm

I think the pot of elf flesh I used was beyond it's expirationdate or so?! Hell... I don't know what went wrong. A big bummer... Sad
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Not fu¢¢ed up.... you are painting flesh over VERY dark maroon. You got the same as if you painted WHITE over BLACK. If Chuck was smooth plastic/resin I suggest you remove the paint (Simple Green or even soapy water and toothbrush) and then prime it like any other model... grey would be best. Then paint 1st coat with Bestial Brown (darker), then a lighter coat Dwarf Flesh (dark flesh color, but lighter than brown) and then final highlights with Elven Flesh. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:58 am

Mordheimer wrote:
Not fu¢¢ed up.... you are painting flesh over VERY dark maroon. You got the same as if you painted WHITE over BLACK. If Chuck was smooth plastic/resin I suggest you remove the paint (Simple Green or even soapy water and toothbrush) and then prime it like any other model... grey would be best. Then paint 1st coat with Bestial Brown (darker), then a lighter coat Dwarf Flesh (dark flesh color, but lighter than brown) and then final highlights with Elven Flesh. Smile
Yeah I know, but that's normally my recipe: dark flesh => tanned flesh => elf flesh.
I'll see if I can "repair" him, else I'll be stripping him clean.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 7:27 am

You go man! SAVE CHUCK!
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 4:01 am

Wow thats some good fluff and great minis you got there! Hey you mind if I nab some ideas from this?

Oh an as I am (as Mord once called me anyway) *Epic voice* The Master of Quality Control! *Epic voice*
I sat put a tattoo on Joe's belly. Why? Well who dose not like tattooed red necks!?! Just Kidding

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 4:23 am

Thanks! Sure nab away I'd say. Which idea inspires you?

Hmm sounds cool, but i've tried doing tattoos before and wasn't very happy about the results. If you got a link to a very good tutorial I might give it a try again. Smile
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 4:29 am

Well I think that the looks of "The General" Would be great for my Imperial Renagade squad

Also where did you get Joe's legs and lower body from and was in the general's head from?

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:39 am

When I do tattoos, I use a 005 permanent black pen (from an ebay art shop) and simply draw it on (if the tattoo is large enough I then fill in the gaps with colour). Some examples below...

A Necromundan Spyder (Rogue Trader Old School)
The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 Img_7436

Writing on his knuckles...
The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 Img_7432

'The Groom'
The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 Img_7315

The Regulars are looking ace by the way!

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:27 am

Laney is THE master when it comes to tattoos! Ohhhh.... I hear a group chant...

Code:
TU-TO-RIAL, TU-TO-RIAL, TU-TO-RIAL, TU-TO-RIAL, TU-TO-RIAL, TU-TO-RIAL!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks for the tip Laney. I've those graphic pens as well. I've used them before when doing tattoos on some minis but I think the color is too black then. I'd like to see the tattoos a bit more faded away. Perhaps I could achieve that with a small wash, what do you think?

@Dwi: Joe's legs are from an old Ork biker. Check one of my previous posts in this topic for a bitz breakdown. The head of the general is from a member of the Middenheimer warband from Mordheim.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:30 pm

TIP: Not my idea... I learned this from Laney (DUH!) When you don't want the tattoo to be too shiny, drybrush LIGHTLY with the flesh color over it! Check his version of 'The Groom' above. When Laney said it the first time I was "Yeah right... bulls!t!!!" Then I learned that he was absolutely right when I tested it myself.

The trick (I suppose) is to be patient. I think you could do an Aquila, then drybrush it (you must have almost not any paint on the brush)... then you could use the marker to 'reverse highlight' (since the color is dark) the Aquila. You would get that 3D effect and would look natural. GOOD LUCK!!!

@ Laney: Can you put some other pics you have posted with faded tattoos?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:24 pm

I haven't got any pics - but maybe when I finish the next squad, I'll have some fresh pics. The grail is to find a light brown pen (preventing the need for a flesh wash or light drybrush) of the same size.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Here a quick pic (as promised to Arachas) from my latest squad member in production. Not a quality pic as this is taken with my crappy iphone camera but you'll get the idea. Smile

The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 1318022534

This is one of my sergeants, no name and background for him yet, who has the unnatural enhancement mutation
Will post better pics later, but I was happy with the conversion so I wanted to share it with you right away. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:16 pm

WHAT?!?! That's all? You are EVIL! How can you post only one pic of such a wonderful model? AGGGHHH!! If it were not for the model, I would dare to venture that you are uncool now.

What model is that?!?! It is VERY cool (to unbalance your mean selfish one picture posting hatred uncoolness). BRAVO! That model just screams... EVIL! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:23 am

YOU CALL THAT LIVING UP TO YOUR PROMISE?!

What a GREAT model. Mord, do you realize I might actually get to kill this one in person? Gatlag lives like an hour's drive away...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:51 am

WHAT?!?!?!?

DUDE!!! You guys gotta play! I love to see pics of that reunion!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:34 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys! I am pretty happy with the model myself. I based the conversion on the new Dark Eldar Ur-Ghul model from the finecast series. When I'm on vacation I always think it's nice to visit some foreign GW shops in the neighbourhood. This time it was the GW in Perpignan, France. I saw this model and I knew right away this would be my "unnatural enhancement guy"! Smile It is my first Finecast model and I must say It's really nice to work with. I could drill easy in it and reposition it after holding it under some hot water.

Anyways, here some better pics of him and some background info.

Art 'core' Richards
Sergeant Art Richards is a real military man. Always busy with keeping himself in the best shape so he can use his body as his most deadly weapon. Art spended most of his time in the military gym and dropped by "Joe's" occasionally. Until one day he met a certain stranger who complimented him on his shape and asked him if he would like to become even bigger. Art, of course, consented to participate in this stranger's programm.

For one whole month he had to take 3 of these "B353R|<" pills a day. Pretty soon the pills started to do their work and Art starting growing. After one week Art thought that it wasn't going fast enough and decided to take the whole lot, he could swear he heard someone laughing at that moment but he ignored that fact and swallowed the whole bottle of pills. After that Art grew bigger, more muscular and certainly larger! People became more and more afraid of him then they already were and the army command decided to dismiss him from his duties.

He now was bigger and bolder than he ever could grow so no need for workouts anymore, he had no job, people were scared of him what better place to turn to than the bar where everybody knows your name? The people at Joe's don't judge and so they didn't with Art. They soon gave him the nickname 'core', because Art is one hardcore mutha! Art was now spending his days at Joe's, until the factory plans came and we can imagine how Art thinks about that....

The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 Artcore01
Art will be my one of Sergeants and he will a close combat machine. That's why I gave him the unnatural enhancement mutation. I gave him the antenna part of the Imperial Bastion's comray station as his close combat weapon.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Pics still not good enough???
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:37 pm

The pics are great!

Very impressive and unique conversion. This squad is going to look superb.

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Very cool... pill popper, eh? Just Kidding

I know is risky... but maybe some pants are in order. To complete his 'shagginess" I would do some hair. Straight, but mangled... something like...

The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 FrizzyHairBadHairDay The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 Bad-hair-8

The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 Bad-hair-13

The cool thing about scruffy hair is that it lets you practice GS modeling, but it does NOT have to be perfect! Wink
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:04 am

Ahhhhhh. What a freaky model! Great conversion. I love the weapon and story. Some clothing or armour items might help to blend him in a little with the rest of the squad. It is looking fantastic now though, so might not want to mess with such a good thing.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 4:23 am

Thanks guys!
I have indeed been thinking about adding some torn clothes like a pair of trousers ripped in Hulk style. But I'm afraid I might screw it up. Going to think about it and if I do you will see the pics here! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:17 am

Try cheap DOLL clothes... heheheh... dress him up and see if you like to date him. Just Kidding

I still vote for some nappy hair!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 4:27 pm

It's good to see that the forum is more "alive" again lately! Actually it's so good that it inspired me to pick up my work again! So here a small workbench update to let you guys know that I'm also still on it and it will also serve as "a stick behind my door" (dutch saying) to keep me going! Very Happy

The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 Workbench-update01

So here we see Art'core and a new member of my upcoming Introductionairy Chaos Cultists Squad. As you can see both are still wet with paint! Very Happy
Did some gs work on Art'core, gave him the scruffy hair and torn pants. Turned out pretty well imho. And the other guy is just a simple headswap on one of the Dark Vengeance cultists. I wanted to make him darkskinned so I gave him a Catachan head which will suit better.

Last edited by Gatlag Stonetooth on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Regulars (IR Squad)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next