Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fortress of Redemption WIP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DoZer

DoZer

Fortress of Redemption WIP Empty
PostSubject: Fortress of Redemption WIP   Fortress of Redemption WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Well, I had a little free time over break after spending a week in Michigan with family for Christmas. As a present from my significant other I received the Fortress of Redemption. So with some free time on my hands I decided to break open my wonderful gift and start putting it together. After brainstorming a bit, I decided on keeping the Fortress in pieces so as to make it a little more portable.

So, being as excited as I was about putting it together I......... Laughing ...............forgot to take pictures while I was putting it together. The Fortress is about 98% complete, the only items that are not on there are the heavy bolters, spotlights and Dark Angel icons. Here it is!!

Missile Silo:
Fortress of Redemption WIP Missil10

Fortress of Redemption WIP Missil11

Fortress of Redemption WIP Missil12

Walkway:
Fortress of Redemption WIP Catwal10

Fortress of Redemption WIP Catwal11

Turbo Laser:
Fortress of Redemption WIP Turbo_13

Fortress of Redemption WIP Turbo_14

Fortress of Redemption WIP Turbo_15

Tower:
Fortress of Redemption WIP Tower_11

Fortress of Redemption WIP Tower_12

Fortress of Redemption WIP Tower_13

Fortress of Redemption WIP Tower_14

Fortress of Redemption WIP Comple15

Complete:
Fortress of Redemption WIP Comple10

Fortress of Redemption WIP Comple11

Fortress of Redemption WIP Comple14
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Fortress of Redemption WIP   Fortress of Redemption WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:28 pm

So after putting it together, I started to think in depth about the colors I will use. I really love the idea of having a dark imposing fortress. I originally thought about painting it a black, but the difficulty of accent colors and shades on something so large would be........complex to say the least. What I am looking for a is a quick a dirty overall color.

What I have come up with is I feel will turn out effective. I will base paint the fortress black, and then I was looking to use a Krylon spray paint of a dark green to lightly spray the fortress. By spraying as light as possible I plan to allow the black undercoat to peak through the dark green. This way I can also use GW's Dark Angels Green to highlight raised portions and edges of the Fortress.

This is the color I plan to use from Krylon: Fortress of Redemption WIP 2-60-211

Now I had trouble trying to decide what kind of secondary color I want to use on the columns and the Angel on the tower. I have debated using the GW Dwarf Bronze with Shining gold as the highlights, as well as some boltgun metal here and there. I will also be painting the skulls at the base of the tower in the same style as the skulls on my Khorne champion (base paint bubonic brown, then bleached bone, flesh wash, then dry brush skull white). Let me know what you guys think! I have classes starting soon so it will be awhile before I start painting, and I want to plan the painting down to the tiniest detail. Some ideas would be nice!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Fortress of Redemption WIP   Fortress of Redemption WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:36 am

Well... well... well! Look who decided to paint his Fortress green. It's like you had discussed what colors to used with me... HA! I think it will work bro! Very Happy As a matter or fact, you can also use Scorpion Green to drybrush corner highlights. I think it will look amazing!

Now I have the problem I do not know what color to paint the Fortress you gave me! HA! Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Fortress of Redemption WIP   Fortress of Redemption WIP I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:53 am

Very cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fortress of Redemption WIP   Fortress of Redemption WIP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fortress of Redemption WIP
Page 1 of 1