Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney

Go down 
+5
edward
drakkol
Lydor
Gatlag Stonetooth
Laney
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Empty
PostSubject: Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney   Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:30 am

I've not posted many pics of new projects lately, so I thought it would be nice to post something a little different. My first Tau model ever. The stealthsuits are very cool and while I love the Stealthsuits in full hiding against complex backgrounds I currently need quite a lot more practice! Instead, I went for a relatively simple tron/skyline coloured tau in mid-stealth mode against a contrasting rusty background (the lightning effect is virtually the same recipe I used for the power sword tutorial - enchanted blue > hawk turquoise > ice blue > space wolves grey > skull white. The base colour needs some work to add interest, but as a first go he's pretty much done...

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Img_7810
Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Img_7811
Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Img_7812

As always, love feedback!

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Next up is a FW tau battlesuit (with hopefully 'digital camo').
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney   Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:43 am

Looking pretty darn sweet Laney! Cool
Back to top Go down
Lydor

Lydor

PostSubject: Re: Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney   Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:28 am

thats awesome!
Back to top Go down
drakkol

PostSubject: Re: Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney   Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:27 am

Really a good idea!
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney   Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:18 pm

thats really cool laney btw how'd you do the rust?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney   Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:50 pm

You NEVER cease to amaze me!!!

My only suggestion... it would be nice if you can make a small diorama. The 'location should include a backdrop... I think a nice old Zinc (Corrugated) Wall or fence. Something like:

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Stephen_lane_b4

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney 5424693096_b15f4f0f12

Paint the wall rusty and whatever. Maybe put one of those cool little posters and crap. When that is done, just put the Tau model on its place... and paint few details FROM the fence into it. Hard to explain.... I try. Lets say that the wall is all rusty, but has an OBVIOUS (for sake of the example) goblin-green Square on the left. The model is on the center, but part of his right arm is over the green square. Thus the model would 'break' the illusion. If you paint the green on the model, it looks like mimicing.

I just remember... check THIS out!

The Artist name is Liu Bolin. The last two are is my favorites.

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Real+Invisible+Man+-+Strange+Art+Photos+%25283%2529

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Real+Invisible+Man+-+Strange+Art+Photos+%25284%2529

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Real+Invisible+Man+-+Strange+Art+Photos+%25282%2529

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Real+Invisible+Man+-+Strange+Art+Photos+%25281%2529

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Real+Invisible+Man+-+Strange+Art+Photos

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Real+Invisible+Man+-+Strange+Art+Photos+%25287%2529

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Real+Invisible+Man+-+Strange+Art+Photos+%25288%2529

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney 2815442355_9e69f51a73

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney 2816293338_33bd9617c4

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Real-invisible-man10

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney Real+Invisible+Man+-+Strange+Art+Photos+%25285%2529

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney 2qlwjg4

If you pick a simpler background, since the Tau is half-way doing the holographic cammo.... you could get away with murder! Wink Keep us posted Bro!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney   Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks guys! It's not perfect, but I was with happy with it!

@Mord: Great minds think alike - long term I want to 'hide' the models in a mini diorama (It was the original plan to have him and the rest of the squad hiding amongst graffiti lined walls). But there are too many other things to do first!

@Edward: The recipe for the rust is...
Undercoat: Black
Basecoat: Dark Grey (Adeptus Battlegrey)
Stippled with: Dark Flesh
Then stipple: Vermin Brown
Then stipple: Blazing Orange
Wash: Devlan Mud (too dark - try gryphonne sepia or ogryn flesh)
Then: Patches of Boltgun metal
Finally stipple the edges of these areas with more blazing orange

Try to create patches of different 'types' of rust - something I didn't do as well as I would like!

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney   Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:11 am

wow very nice work, I wonder if the tau was thinking "quick mum's coming" or perhaps "I see you but you cant see me!"
Keep it up looking forward to next battle but sadly as I got history gcse exam coming up I have history revision afterschool tuesday :S

(hopefully ill still keep busy as I bought some new models to try some new colour schemes on)

W-O-T-W
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney   Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:10 am

Oh, man, that is cool. Mid-cloak, awesome idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
tendi

PostSubject: Re: Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney   Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:38 am

Nice one.

But without TRON finish gun seams to be unfinished.

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney   Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Tendi: I think you're right - I wanted the gun to have a distinct look from the suit, but it needs a little something extra - maybe I should just 'tron it' like the rest of the suit. Perhaps make the weapon a bone colour and then apply the blue effect - it would allow for some tau insignia that way.

I have to say that these are borrowed ideas. I looked at what other people have done with the tau and combined two of my favourite concepts. I saw a tank on warseer done with the tron effect and pretty much the first stealthsuit that comes up on google is mid-cloak. But techniques are there to be stolen in my opinion!

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney   Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tau (tron) stealthsuit hiding by Laney
Page 1 of 1