Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney

Go down 
+9
Dysturbed
dumdeedum
Narcissus
Long_John_Silver
Chuchosky
Gatlag Stonetooth
Mordheimer
Arachas
Laney
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:11 am

Looking sweet so far! Only good things can come from this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chuchosky

Chuchosky

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:07 am

O_O, Great
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:14 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

YOU PUT LEDs!!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

How did you manage to do it? Remember I'm an electronic dweeb! You know that if this is a contest... you WILL win (or I need to go to the UK and kick some booty!) Superb work... and the paint! Now you just need a new camera. HA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:52 am

The... coolness. I CAN'T HANDLE IT! X_X
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:21 am

Thanks guys!

Well the LED circuit was actually really easy in the end - it's just a parallel circuit containing the following components. I didn't put a switch in purely because it took up too much space and the rules for the competition are that is must have a 3" base (no more)...

3 18R resistors
3 30mA max 2.5V 3mm Green LEDs
4 short pieces of wire
Lead solder
Soldering iron (I bought a cheap battery powered one)
3V coin cell
Coin cell holder

I use this LED tutorial on terragenesis (there are more advanced versions too)...
http://terragenesis.co.uk/infopages/page446.html
You can see how the circuit went together and my shocking soldering (I haven't done any since I was at school) in the pic on my last post.

I've got to add the resin and finish the paint work job done.

Next project already started...

3" Medical/testing/torture machine - also for the same competition (you can put in as many pieces as you like and I have a week off so...). I've built the 'bed', with a blasted body on it and started on the medical/torture machine (but I've lost a really important part somewhere in the shed!). It will have some green lighting as well (hopefully in a viewscreen). No pics yet - I thought I'd torture you guys and post the pics later today!

Cheers Laney

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:09 am

This is SOOO cool! Can you do the community a small favor? Can you make a new thread with ONLY the stuff from the vats? You know, the WiP pics, link to tutorial, etc. I will make it a 'sticky thread' so people can enjoy your awesome work until Oct 21st (LINK).

Thanks for sharing... this is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:31 am

I'll see what I can do!

21st October... I'd better get a move on - I've got a modular game board to finish!

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 4:40 am

Laney wrote:
I'll see what I can do!

21st October... I'd better get a move on - I've got a modular game board to finish!

Cheers Laney Very Happy
That would be sweet!
I gave up the hope already that I'm going to finish all of my hoarded warhammer stuff before the 21st of October...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:58 am

HAHAH! I should go to the loan-shark and get me a Forge World army?
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Loan-shark

Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 127882_md-Apocalypse,%20Army,%20Blurred%20Photo,%20Dark%20Angels,%20Deathwing,%20Forge%20World,%20Ravenwing
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Not got round to that separate thread - maybe a I'll do that if I win! Just Kidding

Here's the second (almost) finished entry for the competition...
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8043
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8042
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8041

The white stuff on the body is drying gloss varnish - it won't look white in the end!

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:49 pm

Laney... you are a GOD among Terrain Builders. If you don't win, I better see that the others have ROBOTS (probably nano-bots) on their pieces. This piece is an absolute master-piece!

Did you solved the problem with the light? If so... how about a pic without Flash? Wink

Slight observation (I just though about it... SORRY!)... is there a control panel to operate this thing?

Anyways... THANKS FOR SHARING!
Back to top Go down
Chuchosky

Chuchosky

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:49 pm

AWASOME!!!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 6:01 am

I really love the operating table and the cryogenic tanks. Really cool pieces!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:02 am

Thanks! Very Happy

Here's the final piece (There are buttons/controls on the back of the column Mord - I just didn't photograph it!).
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8117
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8116
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8115
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8114

By the way the light works - but only really shows up in the pitch black!

Ta Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:44 am

Sweet piece! Hope you win!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:09 am

Not only the table is AWESOME, but you were CRUEL enough to hint the regeneration tanks! What... you thought I would not see them? The WORLD wants to see MORE!

Ohhh... excellent photograph! Nothing in view (like paint pots!) to mess with the illusion! Now... if I could REALLY see that control panel... HAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:12 pm

An update...

Crashed Thunderbolt Fighter...
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8218
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8219

I've since added some paint, but no pics yet!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:30 pm

WOW! It looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:26 am

Sweeet! More pics! (painted please)
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Some paint added to the middle part (I only have a week to get this finished for the next competition!). I plan to paint it fully over the next couple of days - to reward myself for lots of DIY work! Still very WIP

Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8223
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8224
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8225
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8226

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:34 pm

WOW! Excellent work! Are you going to put some moss/vegetation over the craft? As if it had been crashed for some time? Maybe some grass between the ground and the craft?

Make sure you take the WiP pictures for that competition... people are gonna go NUTS!
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:57 pm

Wow thats incredible, I love it, I really hope it wins (and think it deserves to) Smile
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:17 am

Excuse me, it's Sunday morning. I need to go worship Laney in church...
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 7:20 am

Awesome sweetness! Cool
*yes, you read that right*
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Cheers guys,

This is another competition piece (still the thunderbolt fighter) - but I'm running out of time (2 and a half days to go!). So here's the latest update - very weathered, but not finished)

Comments and in particular criticism welcome!
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8227
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8228
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8229
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8230

And without the flash...
Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 Img_8231

Oh, the next competition is called DIG IN! The theme is to fortify a civilian structure or create some sort of temporary fortification (not a permanent fortification - no castles or bunkers, but a trench system is ok) - any ideas?

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney   Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modular Scenery Board Started by Laney
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next