Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to the forums

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
robpro

robpro

New to the forums Empty
PostSubject: New to the forums   New to the forums I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:46 pm

Hello, my name is Rob. I've been playing 40k off and on since 3rd edition came out and my friend made me use Dark Eldar so he could crush them with his Space Marines in the starter set. I eventually settled on Necrons as my primary army, and I've started up a nice Eldar force designed for use mainly in Apocalypse games.

I've played Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic (recently organized a campaign for this at my local store, so far I'm in last place), and I got a kick out of reading the rules for 2nd edition 40k and Necromunda because the systems had a lot of interesting mechanics cluttered in there with the time consuming/unbalanced ones. Always enjoyed wargaming, recently I picked up a starter set for War Gods, Firestorm Armada, and Uncharted Seas, I also tried WarMachine and Battletech... but just couldn't get into them.

I regularly game out of http://www.thegamecastle.com in Londonderry, New Hampshire, if anybody lives in the area.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

New to the forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forums   New to the forums I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:07 am

Hi Rob,

Welcome to Death Squads. Any suggestions you might have on how the game can develop are always welcome. We love to see pics of armies, squads, miniatures.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

New to the forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forums   New to the forums I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:43 am

WELCOME!

It is always an honor to have veterans around! As you have noticed, Death Squads is very fluffy... from design, we aim to respect 40k's background. I think you will enjoy the game. Post your adventures, and once you get to know the game you can make your opinion heard. Looking forward seeing your models!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
robpro

robpro

New to the forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forums   New to the forums I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Thanks for making me feel welcome, I'll try to take some pictures of my force this weekend.

I've only got around ~120 Warriors, 40 Immortals, 20 Destroyers, 2 Monoliths, 7 Tomb Spyders, 1 Gauss Pylon, 3 C'tan, 12 Necron Lords (they're nasty Flank Marching in Apoc), 40 Scarab Swarms, 8 Pariahs, 8 Flayed Ones, 3 Wraiths... I mean, I started small, then people who want to quit give you good deals on buying them out and it starts to spiral out of control very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

New to the forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forums   New to the forums I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:16 am

robpro wrote:
I've only got ...
Gentlemen... meet robpro! Humility made flesh!

Only 120 Warriors... HA! Definetly would LOVE to see them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
robpro

robpro

New to the forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forums   New to the forums I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:32 am

They are not all transmodlified into the paint scheme yet, and if the rumors on dakkadakka are true i will probably need to speedpaint about 50.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

New to the forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forums   New to the forums I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:43 am

Welcome! I demand pics. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

New to the forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forums   New to the forums I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:53 am

Welcome aboard!
And yes, we love pics! So bring 'em on! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to the forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forums   New to the forums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the forums
Page 1 of 1