Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings and proofreader backup offer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Corporal Dispensable

Corporal Dispensable

Greetings and proofreader backup offer Empty
PostSubject: Greetings and proofreader backup offer   Greetings and proofreader backup offer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:11 am

Hello!

I've been looking around for some simple, elegant skirmish rules since having the pleasure of being introduced to Mordheim. From what I've seen of Death Squads, I think I've found it. I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

On another note, I'm an English teacher with technical writing experience and would like to offer my services as a proofreader. From what I've seen you've got some folks doing this and at least one additional offer--but if there's a list somewhere, please put my name on it. This looks like a great project and I'd love to help.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and proofreader backup offer   Greetings and proofreader backup offer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:37 am

Howdy... and welcome!

As you may have deduced... I love Mordheim! It is the first game I found that losers could be the winners, so the fun factor is very well spread out. Feel free to check my old site, The Mordheimer's Information Centre, if you still play it.

Mordheim used to be my favorite game... now is Death Squads! Not only we have managed to capture that skirmish element, but the vastness of the 40k Universe allows for GREAT variation. Mordheim is limited to human (and human-like) groups with human intentions and goals. Nothing wrong with that... I just like 40k too! Very Happy I know you will like Death Squads too!

Corporal Dispensable wrote:
On another note, I'm an English teacher with technical writing experience and would like to offer my services as a proofreader. From what I've seen you've got some folks doing this and at least one additional offer--but if there's a list somewhere, please put my name on it. This looks like a great project and I'd love to help.
YEAY! cheers We can always use some good helping hands. Our proof readers are pretty good, but we are all busy (last 6 months were insane) so help is always welcomed. Right now we are starting our play-testing Campaign, tweaking the new Squads and over all balancing. To work as a contributor, this is what I would suggest:

• Read the complete set of rules.
  • If you find any typos, go ahead and post them on the Suggestion Box.
  • Get together with friends... and PLAY! Have fun! After you play a couple of games (campaign style) you will be a pro.
  • Ask questions and make comments. If you find a rule questionable and you tried AS WRITTEN several times... ask how is supposed to work! Not only you get an answer, but you would be in a position to suggest something better!
  • Post about your games on the Campaign section. We want to know about YOUR experiences... good and bad.

Once we see that you are an active member of the community, we can talk a little further about doing some major proof-reading.

Again... WELCOME! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and proofreader backup offer   Greetings and proofreader backup offer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Welcome to the group! Ditto on what Mordheimer noted.
Back to top Go down
Corporal Dispensable

Corporal Dispensable

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and proofreader backup offer   Greetings and proofreader backup offer I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:50 am

Roger and roger. Thanks for letting me know how to go about it. I'll get to work, and hopefully I'll be able to do the important part--playing--sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and proofreader backup offer   Greetings and proofreader backup offer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings and proofreader backup offer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: