Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Devo88

Devo88

My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II Empty
PostSubject: My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II   My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:41 pm

Here are some more pix! With tanks! What? Did Some one, say Tanks!!!!!!

My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff018
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff017
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff016
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff015
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff014
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff013
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff012
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff011
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff010
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff009
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff008
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff007
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff006
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff005
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff004
My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff003
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II   My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:02 am

Hmmm... me like! It all looks good, specially the tanks! Something bothered me... but I could not figure it out for a little while. Then I got it!

When you paint a vehicle, REMOVE (or cover) the details bitz, such as backpacks, ammo crates, boxes, etc. Paint the cammo on the tank and the botz separate. Then glue the bitz. Why? Because if we had a real tank that we paint cammo, we would do the same. All boxes and stuff we will put on the tank would be painted separate. Same goes with the 'drivers'. Easier to see in this pic...

My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II More40KStuff018

You see those bags? They 'deserve' to be cammo (since they are so big), but they can't follow the pattern of the tank (after all, they get moved around). I know I'm being super picky (or petty?) but the work has GREAT potential! cheers

My other suggestion (again with the details...) some of the 'colored' items seem to shinny. I know... the nature of the 'wash'. I suggest you drybrush them with the item base color (if light) to tone the shine off.

All in all... AMAZING work! Thanks for schooling me on the power of the air-brush!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II   My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:32 am

No problem constructive criticism is always welcome! I was going to make them Dark Angels?????? But??? They do not fit the color scheme of my Ultra-Marines
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II   My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:35 am

Your scheme is AWESOME! By painting the shoulder pads Dark Angels Green and adding some iconography, you can put it off nice. This could be a specialized sub-Chapter that dedicates their existence hunting down the traitors on this region of space, in which desert planets are predominant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II   My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:29 pm

These guys hae been on my back burner for years! I just dug them out to show pix of my minis! Plus I am working on my Imp's right now, and a have some Ultra Marines that need there final details to be complete! LIke I have said before I have been working on my 40 K minis off and on! But Death Squads and a few of you have Relit my passion for painting and to improve my techniques! And most of all fall back it to the world of 40 K!

For the EMPEROR!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II   My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My experimentation with Space Marines and the air brush!!! Part II
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Other War Games :: Warhammer 40k-
Jump to: