Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)

Go down 
+8
cody20
Gatlag Stonetooth
dumdeedum
Arachas
Mordheimer
Colonel Prius
mudboy
Laney
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Empty
PostSubject: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:34 am

I can't settle on any one idea at the moment!

I've always liked Nurgle and want to try something a little different and build (alongside my blood angels - the terminator idea is now being modified to a mainly termie army with extra - that way I can still fit in the space hulk models) a 1500-2000 point Nurgle army based almost entirely on my bits box. I've allowed myself one extra new boxed model (I chose a finecast Nurgle Daemon Prince and contrary to popular belief it had no bubbles, mouldlines or breaks and the detail was actually better than the metal version) and any dedicated transports (rhinos) I need. So, the army list, based on what I have in my bits box at the minute (this is only for fluff info - I couldn't care less about the playability - that can be the next 1500 points!) is as follows...

HQ Daemon Prince of Nurgle Mark of Nurgle, Warptime, Wings) 175
ELITES Chaos Terminators (7) Mark of Nurgle, Reaper AC, Combi-Plasma (2), Combi-Melta (1) 290
ELITES Chaos Terminators (7) Mark of Nurgle, Champions (2), Combi-Melta (3), Combi-Plasma (1), Lightning Claw Pair (2) 310
TROOPS Plague Marines (7) Champion (1), Combi-Plasma (1), Plasma Gun (1), Melta Gun (1), Rhino 241
TROOPS Plague Marines (7) Champion (1), Combi-Plasma (1), Plasma Gun (1), Melta Gun (1), Rhino 241

Extras might include: chaos knight nurgle 'bikers', chaos vindicator from a battered vindicator model, chaos spawn (made from rat ogres), tiny plague bearers made from ghouls, obliterators made from spare termie models and if I get all that done I will add more expensive kits. My total outlay on new models will be the daemon prince and 3 rhinos (1 bought so far).

The army colours will only include a hint of green or brown. The predominant colour being a dark blue of burnt steeel and rust orange - opposing complementary colours on the colour wheel (I'm going to try salt waethering on these guys), with luminous scorpion green glowing parts to keep it Nurgle and pale white/blue skin. The whole 1500 points will be based on a 2' square space hulk interior display base (I plan on a kind of assault control room/hangar space - with gantries etc).

Here are some taster pics...
The blades of Nurgle 'Power' Swords for my terminators...
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_7927

My first terminator test model (a champion with twin lightning claws)...
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_7934
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_7929

The wings for my daemon prince - made from real animal bones and greenstuff (one made - needs final touches and one part finished)...
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_7930
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_7931
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_7932

But does the demon wing need feathers - I reckon I can sculpt it - but it would be a lot of work, is it worth it?

Feedback Welcome!

Cheers Laney
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:47 am

IMHO feathers don't really have that Nurgle feel so I voted no. However, depending on how the rest of your army turns out it could fit in.

I'm looking forward to many pictures of rotten models Cool
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Maybe more of a leather bat-like wing would look better. Voted no.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:30 pm

I voted "no". As a matter of fact... I like the BONE wings! Very cool! I mean... leaving REAL bones! DUDE! Points for AWESOMENESS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 3:49 pm

EWWWW real bones! That's disgusting!

But bone wings... maybe with some half-decaying shreds of leathery wings?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:53 pm

So like the bottom pic of my last post - but more shredded?

The bones weren't collected in some weird ritual or anything - I'm a biology teacher and my school was chucking out a box of old bones they didn't need (what else was I supposed to do but keep them for scenery and modelling?).

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:19 pm

Quote :
So like the bottom pic of my last post - but more shredded?

Exactly. Smile
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:48 am

Ok, so shredded leathery wings it'll be (no feathers for me). I'll work on those more over next weekend.

I've weathered the marines a whole lot more than before and the next stage is to add greenstuff to the three plague marine squads and one terminator squad. My first terminator squad is almost done (just a bit of extra weathering to do) and I'll use these guys as the test for the paint scheme (and to give my airbrush a go!). A couple of the weapons (the autocannon and one of the swords) are wonky I've fixed this now.

I've stripped off lots of icons - the fluff for these guys doesn't have them festooned with junk and their armour is chipped, scratched and battered after 10,000 years of war! The idea is that they target forgeworlds and industrial planets strip what they need and sacrifice the rest (including all life) to Nurgle, using metal-eating and flesh-eating bacteria.

Anyway here's the update...
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_8021
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_8022
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_8023
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_8024

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:22 am

Holy crap... amazing. You never cease to amaze!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:46 am

GASP! I'm speechless! VERY COOL! MORE PICS!!!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 5:03 am

Cheers Guys! More Pics, here they are!

The first termie squad are 'weathered' and undercoated. I've also 're-assigned' an old soul drinker space marine dreadnought to the worship of Nurgle (I sold the army on ebay about 2 and a half years ago - so he's been pretty lonely!). So add a little GS and voila!

40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_8028
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_8029
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_8030
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_8031

A dissection table that I've been working on for the terrain competition I'm entering (They have a bigger comp open now too - so I might try that too!)
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_8032
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_8033

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 7:47 am

Wow, all of that looks awesome! Especially that dissection table, it looks very grim Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 8:22 am

Your Dreadnought went through all the right steps... his Chapter mates became mercenaries and sold themselves to serve the highest bidder. He remain alone in the dark (and dust) for uncountable amount of time (2.5 years) wondering why nobody loved him (you forgot to put him on the box!) and why did the Emperor care not for his service (you did not used him even as terrain!) It was only natural that he embrace corruption and decay! GREAT job on the GS. BRAVO!

I saw the Dissection Table and my reaction was to say very loudly (LITERALLY... the kids got mad at me)...

Quote :
F*CK ME!
This terrain is ridiculous! You are ridiculous! How is it possible that all the terrain building talent is in freaking Essex?!? Why is that I have to say "This is THE coolest thing ever!" on every piece of terrain and every conversion you make? I know the Emperor HATES me... I have been shown how GREAT things can be done and I have no talent to do anything! I stand by my comment... you are ridiculous.

Well... my stand comes from 97% envy, 2% jealousy and 1% corruption from Dozer The Warp. BTW, the other day I told Dozer something so dark and evil that HE told me that Chaos will be knocking on my door soon and demand their cookies back. ANYWAY... your terrain piece is coolness made plastic.

I saw a little radar dish.... hehehe...

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Thanks very much!

The dish was amazingly easy to put together and looks great (it's ready for painting right now - but it may have to wait a little). Trouble with the dissection table - the light does not work on it (it did and then I glued the compartment shut and now it doesn't! - boo! So I've got to carefully re-open it fix the problem before painting.

I plan on submitting the containment tanks (just finishing touches to go) and the dissection table as separate pieces in the competition at...http://terragenesis.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=44&lp=76889
But the competition is of a very high standard. Regardless I have to new pieces of terrain to play with.

They've just started a new competition with the title 'Forsaken' (anything ruined, destroyed, left behind etc.). It should be scratch built (though you can use bits or kits as long as you modify them and it must cover a surface of no more than 400 square centimetres (but doesn't have to be 20x20). I have a couple of ideas for it and wondered a) if you have any better ideas b) or do you have any ideas about my initial ideas (what will work/not etc).

Here's the list of possibilities (I have 6 weeks to build and paint it and take plenty of WIP shots)...
Abandoned Research Outpost/Laboratory (possibly nurgle corrupted/biohazard) - think of it as a low budget Anphelion Project
Crashed Spaceship or Fighter (40k) - the ship would be scratchbuilt (possibly a thunderbolt or a vulture as I have templates for it already - too small though)
Abandoned Storage Facility (lots of destroyed storage tanks and corrosion)
A Space Hulk Room/Corridor (lots of room for 'forsaken' with that!

Or I could try to build a couple of these...

Any thoughts?
Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 1:28 pm

You could try a fighter having crashed into a storage facility maybe? With a trail of destruction behind/around it as it came to a stop? Though it might need bigger than the 400cm area, I'm not sure how big the fighters are.

Besides those two I think a biohazard kind of research post would be pretty cool, have some nice bright green gunk lying around.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:13 pm

While I know this is digressing from the main theme of the thread... I decided to build a crashed thunderbolt fighter for the competition and put it in jungle terrain (possibly with the pilot hanging dead from a tree. Here's a couple of early WIP pics (more on the legion of rust soon!)...

40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Dissec11
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_8035

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:09 am

Awesome work on your Legion of Rust! Very inspiring!
The plans for your crashed fighter look promising as well!
Keep up the goods! cheers
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:53 pm

I like the idea, and I think having the pilot still in his seat would be good as if him in parachute and the seat were seperate then they probably wouldnt land together.

Just my 2 cents though
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:38 pm

So more reasons for why there has been no major progress on the Legion of Rust for a little while... The Crashed Fighter is coming together...

These thunderbolt fighters are super easy to put together and the template is free (on one of the paperhammer download sites). Great if you like apocalypse, but can't afford the forgeworld price tag or like me want some scenery (there is also a death squads scenario that is calling out for these homemade models as targets). Anyway here is the progress so far...

40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Thunde12
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Thunde11
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_8037
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Thunde10
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) Img_8036

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:00 pm

Laney you are a god at modeling.
Back to top Go down
Long_John_Silver

Long_John_Silver

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Looks great! What did you use for the tops of the engines? The transparent pieces.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:59 am

Thanks guys!

The engine covering is from an old staedtler colouring pen set (the box they come in). It was the perfect shape for that 'chunky' look.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:43 am

I'm pretty sure by now that it's a total waste you're going to use that as a crashed vehicle. Just... make 10 and play with them, instead. Wink
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Just wow, that is looking seriously amazing, I can't wait to see it when it's finished. Is the plan to have those three sections spread out alot like three seperate pieces of terrain?
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:14 am

The model is looking great! Can't wait for the next update! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next