The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Path of the Seer : Book 2 of Path of the Eldar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dysturbed

PostSubject: Path of the Seer : Book 2 of Path of the Eldar   Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Just got word that the new book is coming out in September.
Dunno if anyone else read the first one but it was amazing.
http://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/september-2011/Path-of-the-Seer.html

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” ~George Carlin
Back to top Go down
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Seer : Book 2 of Path of the Eldar   Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:40 am

Moved it to 40k. Not really a DS announcement. Smile

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Seer : Book 2 of Path of the Eldar   Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:17 pm

I heard the first one was good - and I've not read any 40k for a month or two - maybe I should look at this.

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Seer : Book 2 of Path of the Eldar   Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:54 pm

Usually not that impressed with 40k writing. I read several Horus Heresy novels and got bored of them eventually. Two or three books were worth reading, most others were rubbish.

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Seer : Book 2 of Path of the Eldar   Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Honestly I wasn't expecting much the old eldar books blow in my opinion but this series seems different. It really goes way in depth into what eldar society is like and how different parts of the society interact. It also shows how whiny they are and how bad ass their fighter caste is.

The new book follows a character that was the love interest of the main character in the first book. But with him umm gone... she now moves further into becoming a farseer.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” ~George Carlin
Back to top Go down
DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Seer : Book 2 of Path of the Eldar   Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:51 am

Loved this first book. It's really eye opening as no one has ever gone so in depth into life on a craftworld. The Eldar Prophecy was also a pretty good book as well, albeit an older one.

2. Though shalt not refer to thine brethren, whom the Emperor has dictated be armed with an incendiary weapon, as a "Flamer" constantly. For this has been proven to lower morale and cause strife within His Most Holy showering facilities.
3. Thou shalt not follow a Librarian around thinking, "Can you hear me now", repetitively in an attempt to drive him insane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Seer : Book 2 of Path of the Eldar   Today at 9:25 am

Back to top Go down

Path of the Seer : Book 2 of Path of the Eldar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1