The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The 51. Infantry Division

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

PostSubject: The 51. Infantry Division   Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:55 pm

From left to right:

Lieutenant Henzler.
Comming from a influential familly, but fallen from grace after an incident with a lady, he decided to drop the civilian life, and try out a career in the army. He was naturally picked out for officers school right away, and is, if nothing else, good at his job. He do not like to put himself in harms way, but are not directly eager to have someone's else blood on his hand either, so he is somewhat popular amongst the men, for thinking out the right - low risk - strategies for any aproach. He is affable, and slightly arrogant, but trustworthy.

Captain Türing:
Born into the 501'st he was a natural leader, even though he from the beginning had a way of crossing his superiors. He is all steel and ice, and will go through everything to ensure his mission is a success. He is trusted by his men for his solid leadership, and courage in combat, leading from the front, and taking just the right amount of risk. At the same time, most of his men thinks he is jinxed, and that he will die someday, just because he had to be the wrong place at the wrong time. He, himself, does not believe in faith, neither does he believe in chance - He believes solely in the Emperor, and in his own capabilities. He is strongwilled, anti-authoritarian, and always willing to do the bidding of the Emperor.

Lieutenant Garret
Just like a rat always finds food, and a cockroach always seem to find a way back in the apartment, Lt. Garret always seems to come out on top. He is quite influential, in that he has a lot of dirt on a lot of people. He is generally disliked by everyone, but no one want's to stir up a hornets nest, by confronting him or disobeying him. He seldom fights his own fights, and always tries to find some way around open conflict, which would put him in harms way. He has a habit of never turning his back on anyone, which probably have saved him many a time in a hot-zone, when a flamer could have discharged by accident in his general direction. He is slick, cowardly and manipulative.

Sergeant Dietrich and Sergeant Gerhard are the real backbone of the 501'st infantry division. As different they are, at the same time they share one quality: They are loyal to the men and the 501'st both.
Sergeant Dietrich is a hard working man, who resents alcohol, foul language and bad behavior at large, and expects his men to perform to the best of his abilities. He is hard, but more fair than cruel, and hits down hard on any whimpering fool, who does not love the sacred duty it is to serve the emperor and the 501'st division. As zealous and puritan sergeant Dietrich are, as loose and forgiving are sergeant Gerhard. He enjoys an amasec in the evening, and more times than not in the morning to get the stomach settled. He finds that a loose but respectful approach to the men are to prefer, rather than take every responsibility away from them. The two of them are close friends, as only brothers in battle can be, and what ties them together are the 501'st division. They have the respect of the men, and they are relied upon to get them out of every tight spot Captain Türing, willingly or unwillingly puts them in.

<================================================================================>

The 51. is a clean Cadian Imperial Guard squad. The captain is rough, fair, and uncompromising. His lieutenants are bickering officers, who wants to play it big and political, and the sergeants are the real glue, who keeps the squad, and the division, together. The recruits just don’t know what they signed up for, and are in for a hell of a ride. They have heard the stories about Captain Türing, and how he got his arm ripped off by a ork, back in the days, but continued to fight, while his medic tried to patch him up, and won the day. The feel of the squad is of surviving against all odds, to stress out the fact that the Imperial Guard is fighting against superior enemies, and only have their faith in the Emperor to fall back upon. Because if they fall back any other place, Türing will be there with a boltgun.

The store revolves around my first battle in DS, which was orks vs CC. The IG will go to investigate the incident at the town of Novac, and hopefully the story will unfold from there.

In the regional headquarters of the Imperial Guard, 51. Infantry Division.

Captain Türing sat at his desk when there was stiff, but correct, knock on the door, pronouncing his first sergeant Dietrich at the doorstep.
“Proceed sergeant”
he barked, without looking up from his papers. The sergeant placed himself in front of the desk, and said:
“Sah! Reports keep coming in from the town of Novac. It seems there has been some kind of incident there.”
quickly getting his breath, before the captain could respond he continued “seems like some of the deserters made it as far as Novac, but ran into trouble there.
"Command wants us to investigate, but leave enough troops here to defend the outer perimeters. I have made a suggested list of men.”
The captain looked up from his papers
“you have, have you?”
he grabbed the list, the sergeant looked blank, and avoided eye contact by looking directly at the captains left ear.
"By the emp…!, I’m on this list First Sergeant Dietrich?! Explain?!”
The sergeant steeled himself, and did not step back from the desk.
“Command wants You in command of the operation, sah. High priority he said.”
The sergeant looked frantically at the left ear, wishing he had been able to push this off to Second Sergeant Gerhard, but as always the sly bastard could smell trouble half a mile away, and had made himself invisible “his loss” he thought – he now was on top of the list. The captain stood up from his desk, and walked over to the map, filling the whole left wall of his command centre
“so… I’m supposed to go to Novac, leaving my men to Command, and missing a real chance of battle here? So be it.”
He picked up the dataslate from the desk and made a few alterations.
“Seems like you volunteered, First Sergeant. Tell the men to be ready at 0500 hours, local time, and try to get some of the recruits who can actually wield a weapon, last time was an embarrassment to the Imperial Guard – and me personally. I expect accurate reports from Novac and its surroundings, and First Sergeant, I expect to get back very soon”.
He turned around and caught the sergeants eyes
“Send in my lieutenants when you leave”
The first sergeant turned on his heels, and walked out of the command centre, hoping to find some Emperor forsaken recruit to let off some steam upon
“Novac?! Why the hell him?”
He supported the captain by heart, but it had been troublesome since he ran across command. Now they got all the shitty assignments and no real chance of hitting it big.
“Well, at least Gerhard is going too”
he thought, smiling a thin cruel smile.

[Captains Log, Entry 1]

We have left today, with only a handful of men. Most of them are as green as can be, but I hope to be able to punch some discipline into them over next eight days of travel. Should be enough to make it clear that the 51. is no place for kids. You are either a man or you are dead. I have put Second Sergeant Gerhard on drill duty for the remainder of the trip, seems like the bastard could use some discipline himself, but I trust he will perform accordingly to the traditions of the 51. I hope there will be some sort of meaning to this mission, Emperor knows we could use the men at the base.

[Captains Log, Entry 2]

We have arrived at the outskirts of the town of Novac. Everyting seems quiet enough. But looks can be deceptive - always expect the unexpected, the xeno, the heretic! By the Emepror, if this proves to be a wild goose run, there will be severe consequences. Reports tell that the old Imperial gass station looks abandoned, and the only sign of battle, is a wrecked truck. It seems to have been comandeered by orks in the past. My arm aches by the thought of getting in close with those xeno scum again, someday that vile ork will taste my blade! I am sending in some of the more intelligent recruits to gather some intel from the townsfolk. Hopefully they can paint a more clear picture of the situation.

[Captains Log, Entry 3]

++++++++++++++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION ++++++++++++++

To: Field Colonel Grüber; 501th Infantry Division, Rust City, Imperial Guard
From: Lord Inquisitor Lydor; Justicar 3rd Dan, Ordo Hereticus
Subject: Detain ALL movement in the area with Extreme Predujice.
Transmitted: Omega-VII Imperial Tactical Station, Echchether XII
Transmitter: Astropath Shyperu
Receiver: Astropath Muar
Thought of The Day: "Disobedience is rewarded by a painful death; obedience by merciful termination."
Colonel Grüber, by The Emperor's Blessing, I have uncovered evidence of heretical activity on your area. You are to secretly dispatch field patrols to the ruins of Rust City. They are to terminate ANY living creature they find on their patrols. Failure to follow the orders to the letter would result in my immediate visit to your war-zone, followed by an official inquiry of YOUR treasonous actions.

In The Emperor we thrive.

+++++++++++++++ END OF TRANSMISSION +++++++++++++++

We just received extra orders from Command. Field Colonel Grüber wants us to seek and purge. Seemingly there's nothing but heretics in that forsaken dusbowl of a town. The intell is comming back, most of it useless observations. If we keep to the west side of town, we should be able to enter through cover, and be able to establish a field HQ. The rest we have to take on the run. I am dispatching Sgt Dietrich; he will be in charge of setting up a perimiter, and hopefully I will be able to trust the lieutenants to keep the men together.

Last edited by Komfritten on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
edward

PostSubject: Re: The 51. Infantry Division   Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:42 pm

cool very nice fluff cant wait to see what happens next
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The 51. Infantry Division   Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:04 pm

Wicked! I love the intro... Death Squads makes the best stories! Now I understand the story on the Battle Report. MORE!!!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: The 51. Infantry Division   Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:09 am

Wow, that's some really amazing writing, it really seems like a captain's log and gives him really good character
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The 51. Infantry Division   Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:05 am

Sweet story so far! Reads like a novel. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: The 51. Infantry Division   Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:11 am

Ace story - real nice fluff and the battles will only build on the squads story even more.

Good Job!

Laney Very Happy

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The 51. Infantry Division   Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:54 pm

This is actually a "bump" Wink [Go look at the first post in this thread]

I'm playing some games in the week to come, and are trying to get the fluff done (I just love to play them with both personalities and tactics in mind).

I decided to alter a little on Mords newest "mini-campaign" and make it fit the 501'st and Novac.

There probably will be no pictures, as we will try to get so many games as possible played this time, and I tend to get caught up in taking pictures, and the game takes double the time.

There will, though, probably be some bat-reps in text in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The 51. Infantry Division   Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:31 pm

TAKE PICS!!!

Set a limit of 3 pics per PLAYER Turn... give the other player something to do while you move? Ha!

Love to see these guys in action!

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The 51. Infantry Division   Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 am

bump, first post updated.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The 51. Infantry Division   Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:53 am

Models look sweet! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The 51. Infantry Division   Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:56 am

Sergeant Dietrich and Sergeant Gerhard twins? Wink I suggest painting Sergeant Gerhard's chainsword with some 'caution' stripes... it will make it easy for you to see who is who at a glance. The dots of the base are cool, but you will find yourself looking at those two more often.

Love their background. Will read the rest later!

Back to top Go down
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The 51. Infantry Division   Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:51 am

I saw it when putted on pictures. I will maybe even change the head of the younger one Wink

And the stripes on the CS is an awsome idea =)
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: The 51. Infantry Division   Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:51 am

nice work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 51. Infantry Division   Today at 4:49 pm

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1