The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Do It Yourself Guard Regiment Kit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
madprophet



Posts : 82
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 51
Location : Confederate States of America

PostSubject: Do It Yourself Guard Regiment Kit   Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:21 am

I have the first draft of a DIY kit for designing Imperial Guard Regiments at http://iceriverguards.info/DIY_Imperial_Guard

I would welcome feedback - do y'all find stuff like this useful? Stick of Doom
Back to top Go down
http://iceriverguards.info
Mordheimer



Posts : 9756
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 43
Location : Elizabeth City, NC (USA)

PostSubject: Re: Do It Yourself Guard Regiment Kit   Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:57 am

VERY USEFUL!!! Thanks for the effort... VERY cool! I like making my own background (I think is the best part of Death Squads !) but you may not believe how many times I got stuck in the middle of it. Now, I have a place to go and jump-start my creation. THANKS!!!!


You just earned a Sticky Thread!

_________________
.
The Mordheimer - Death Squads' Chief Editor & Ninja Designer. Bursting with ARACHAS' Dev-Powahâ„¢! Puke
Can't wait until someone invents a time machine so I can go to the specific day in the past that I volunteered for this, so I can kick my own ass.

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
madprophet



Posts : 82
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 51
Location : Confederate States of America

PostSubject: Re: Do It Yourself Guard Regiment Kit   Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:03 pm

So what you're telling me is I should go ahead and finish the versions for Orks, Tau, Chaos Marines, Dark Eldar, and Eldar I have in various states of completeness bounce
Back to top Go down
http://iceriverguards.info
Colonel Prius



Posts : 674
Join date : 2010-09-07
Age : 32
Location : Amersfoort, Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Do It Yourself Guard Regiment Kit   Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:14 pm

That would be really cool. Really enjoyed the guard version (though buttons to switch through the different sections would be nice).

While I would never randomly roll to make a background, it is interesting to see all the elements for a background in one place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Arachas



Posts : 1880
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Secret Volcano Lair in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Do It Yourself Guard Regiment Kit   Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:40 pm

This is awesome and perfect for people who can't make decisions, like me. I am totally doing this for both my Cadians and my Catachans.

THANKS! I will post results later. Smile

_________________
The one who changes Avatars, Usernames and Squads more than Lady Gaga changes costumes

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
madprophet



Posts : 82
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 51
Location : Confederate States of America

PostSubject: Re: Do It Yourself Guard Regiment Kit   Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Colonel Prius wrote:
That would be really cool. Really enjoyed the guard version (though buttons to switch through the different sections would be nice).

While I would never randomly roll to make a background, it is interesting to see all the elements for a background in one place.
Thanks for the feedback! I will add links like that to each page when I get a sec.

Meanwhile, If you go to the "Army Design" tap in the main navigation and mouse over the DIY Fluff kit link, each page is in the navigation.
Back to top Go down
http://iceriverguards.info
Gatlag Stonetooth



Posts : 1422
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Ridderkerk, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Do It Yourself Guard Regiment Kit   Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Awesome resource for background building! The only thing that could make it better is to turn into a webform so people can do it all online (random generate or not, pick things etc) and then create a pdf or so of it.
Back to top Go down
madprophet



Posts : 82
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 51
Location : Confederate States of America

PostSubject: Re: Do It Yourself Guard Regiment Kit   Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:39 pm

Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:
Awesome resource for background building! The only thing that could make it better is to turn into a webform so people can do it all online (random generate or not, pick things etc) and then create a pdf or so of it.

It's a good idea, but I will be honest it's something that will have to wait. I am a computer programmer/analyst for a living - I don't want to spend my time off doing coding too. If I get a bug in my ear, I might but there are other hobby projects I want to do first.

I do have the entire article as a Word Document - perhaps I should make it available as a PDF for download, that way people can use it off-line
Back to top Go down
http://iceriverguards.info
Mordheimer



Posts : 9756
Join date : 2009-07-12
Age : 43
Location : Elizabeth City, NC (USA)

PostSubject: Re: Do It Yourself Guard Regiment Kit   Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:12 am

[quote="madprophet"]
Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:
I do have the entire article as a Word Document - perhaps I should make it available as a PDF for download, that way people can use it off-line

If you do, please let me know. I will post an announcement on the Download section with a link to your site (not to the document), so people get to see your place and other stuff too! Wink

_________________
.
The Mordheimer - Death Squads' Chief Editor & Ninja Designer. Bursting with ARACHAS' Dev-Powahâ„¢! Puke
Can't wait until someone invents a time machine so I can go to the specific day in the past that I volunteered for this, so I can kick my own ass.

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth



Posts : 1422
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Ridderkerk, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Do It Yourself Guard Regiment Kit   Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:00 am

madprophet wrote:
Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:
Awesome resource for background building! The only thing that could make it better is to turn into a webform so people can do it all online (random generate or not, pick things etc) and then create a pdf or so of it.

It's a good idea, but I will be honest it's something that will have to wait. I am a computer programmer/analyst for a living - I don't want to spend my time off doing coding too. If I get a bug in my ear, I might but there are other hobby projects I want to do first.

I do have the entire article as a Word Document - perhaps I should make it available as a PDF for download, that way people can use it off-line
I know what you mean, I'm a webdeveloper/designer for a living but when I get home I mostly don't feel like sitting behind my computer for work. Only for reading the Death Squads forum! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Do It Yourself Guard Regiment Kit   Today at 12:59 am

Back to top Go down
 
Do It Yourself Guard Regiment Kit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Sanguinary Guard
» Imperial Guard Message Board
» Steel Legion Imperial Guard
» Need Wood Elf Glade guard heads.
» [pic] New Wolf Guard

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Squad Backgrounds, Stories & other Fan Fiction-
Jump to: