Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!

Go down 
+4
Lord GreyWolf
Laney
Mordheimer
Arachas
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Arachas

Arachas

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! Empty
PostSubject: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:32 am

Yessss, children. Come sit and listen. It's finally time for another exciting story of the neverending conflict between the aging kung fu-master and his (by now former) prodigy. Who is the real master when it comes to Death Squads? Find out below...

DING! Another round!

With having a baby behind me and Sturmm finally being able to find a gap in his hectic schedule IT WAS FINALLY ON AGAIN! For too long did the old fart have bragging rights (I don't even remember if they were justified or not!) and it was time to kick his greying arse once again. After a good morning spending time talking and baby Mara drooling over 'Uncle' Sturmm... we set up a table in the yard.

Time to put 0.6.4 to the test! We decided to go for one of the brand spanking new scenario's:

Drop Zone

The premise: both squads have picked up a message concerning an air drop of supplies. The beacon that will guide the drop has already been placed, but not yet activated. Both squads must try to activate the beacon and defend the drop zone so they can secure the supplies. Easy, right? Right.

The Game

After such a long time out of the game, Sturmm decided to go for a brand new squad. So had I, but my new Catachans are still only half painted and I hadn't put any thought into a squad yet. Hence I decided to go with my somewhat more advanced Slaaneshi to teach the ungrateful Renegades a lesson. The story: Sturmm is a renegade commander who decided he's had his fill of his Chaos overlords and decides to go solo. Securing some cool supplies on the go would be an added bonus (and would piss off the Chaos commander).

With the drop zone in sight, Chaos Space Marine Zeporor deployed his personal guard in such a way that they would have a sufficient field of fire while moving in to secure the objective.

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! 2011-08-21134554

It did not take long for Sturmm's insubordinate dogs to arrive on the scene as well.

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! 2011-08-21135327

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! 2011-08-21135346

Not waiting for the Cultists to make their move, Sturmm ordered his troops onward into the open (not that concerned with the lives of his subordinates, of course).

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! 2011-08-21141135

In turn, Zeporor's men were ushered onwards by his cackling voice (while he tuned his guit-... sonic blaster for unleashing hell).

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! 2011-08-21141141

The bold move into the open left Sturmm's squad vulnerable, but using his cousin Brevis as walking cover, Sturmm's right hand Brutus made it to the beacon in the second turn! With a strong kick he activated the beacon: only two turns would follow after this one (upon activation of the beacon, D3+1 turns of the game remain).

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! 2011-08-21143002

Less than amused, Zeporor unleashed a face-melting guitar solo upon the Renegades while he kicked and screamed his men forwards. With the drop zone in Renegade control, things would become messy soon (the squad activating the beacon counts as having 5 extra men in the zone when it comes to determining victory).

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! 2011-08-21143018

Faces did melt as the Slaaneshi started shooting. Brevis died to the twisted harmonies of the sonic blaster and Brutus went face down in the dirt, but was still alive.

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! 2011-08-21144700

His cackling even heard over the immense noise of the blaster, Zeporor sets up his men for the final charge!

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! 2011-08-21144707

Not until the Renegades return fire, though!

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! 2011-08-21144713

The Cultists rush in, relying on firepower to clear the drop zone. With numbers again them, they nevertheless cause mayhem.

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! 2011-08-21145830

Yet no matter how many shots are poured into the rebels, they don't die quickly. Their grasp on the drop zone strong, Sturmm's men repulse their former lord and lay claim to the supplies.

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! 2011-08-21145844

Victory for Sturmm!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:41 am

WHAT?!?!?!

The Renegades WON?!?!? DUDE! You are going to relieve Slaanesh Slaanesh's Blue Balls Slaanesh as payment for failure! How is that possible?!?!?!? I was rooting for the bad guys... wait, you are both bad. I mean, the musical one! I had Rock of Ages playing in my head and all!

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! Ride_the_lightning_by_nachomon-d3ekspf

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! Noise-marines-590x308

That was barbaric... AWESOME! Great story and excellent game. How did you guys found the Scenario? Any problems with it? What was the post-game results?

Thanks for sharing... it makes for a GREAT Monday! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:33 am

Hehe, I knew you'd like it. You wouldn't be able to resist the headline, for sure. Wink

The scenario is great. It plays very fast: Sturmm was next to the beacon in two turns and then D3+1 isn't a lot of turns, hehe. It's fine though, he just rolled low.

I intended to move and fire, depending on my firepower, but I had to chuck those plans overboard when Sturmm took the initiative. I went full offensive, but I couldn't kill those bastards!

We should have a look at the 5 model bonus when determining the winner. It's steep. Even if you don't count Knocked Down/Stunned models (we did count 'em, scenario doesn't specify) I lost bigtime, even with about my entire squad in the drop zone.

So either you need to kill a lot or get their first. Hard. We could consider not counting KD or Stunned models or lower the bonus.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Cool! We were aiming for a mad dash kind of Scenario... seems that is working!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:42 am

Brilliant battle report!

Fast and furious seems to have been the order of the day! What happened in the post game?

We should definitely look at the stunned/KD count.

Love the Slaaneshi models too!

Excellent Job
Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:31 am

Great report love the Slaanesh as well my fave chaos power followed strongly by Nurgle......

Yeah I also echo Laney's question what happened post battle?????

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:29 am

For me: nothing, as I was so out of it I want to start a new squad anyway. Although I love the Slaaneshi models, I'm not too sure I like the 'all eggs in one basket' approach. I mean, it's right in terms of design, but the CSM ROCKS... and that's it. The rest of the squad sucks. Wink

I want 5 CSM... omg that would rock.

Anyhow, we did do PB for Sturmm and I think one of his sergeants kicked the bucket while generally making some cash and scoring several level ups. He'll be a tough cookie next time, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:33 am

That scenario looks pretty cool, as do all the models and the scenery.

How did you make all those plant pieces, or where did you buy them? I think they really make the scenery look really good.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:21 pm

dumdeedum wrote:
That scenario looks pretty cool, as do all the models and the scenery.

How did you make all those plant pieces, or where did you buy them? I think they really make the scenery look really good.

I actually got a lot of those from IKEA, which I am sure they have in England, too. Wink

Otherwise, I think you can walk into any local pet shop to find some plastic water plants. Those do the trick, too.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Lovely with a battle report, it's good for inspiration and energy !

Very well done (with pics ! thats the way to go), don't wait to long to do another one - just løve batreps!

Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:06 pm

great battle report, i really liked the terrain, i also plan on having one tonight.
Back to top Go down
Major Sturmm

Major Sturmm

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:42 am

Ah yes... poor Arachas... but the spoils of war go to the victor. And that would be me! Mwuhahaha! Isn't it great to be bad?! Yes it is.
Guys! So good to be back. It has been too long. To make a comeback like this: awesome! Great scenario; luck on my side (well most of the time that is) and kick Arachas' scrawny little ass! Just Kidding
I agree with Arachas though about the victory conditions. Seems to me when facing the dirt unconscious you're not in a position to claim anything right? Especially when the enemy is right on top of you (and you know what they say about those Slaanesh on top of you, don't you? Oh yes: they LOVE it!)
My dear Arachas: there seems to be missing one picture? You know the one I mean... Of course you do! Laughing The one where your guitar hero is covered in lot's and lot's of smoke! "Smoke on the waters, a fire in the sky. Smoke on the water, ta ta taaa, tata tataaa" Ah, sweet music. But I saw nothin'. Too much smoke on stage mwuhahaha! But to be honest (yeah yeah, it's still me...): Arachas did give me a hard time though. What about my entire squad firing at his flamer causing not a single scratch or bullethole. Very displeasing and very very frustrating. I love the report too. Nice pics. On the the next one! I just love DS!
Oh guys, one question on the IR Squads. How many Enforcers can I have? There's talk about must have at least one (p. 65); so I can have more? Later there's the 0-1 choice (p. 68). So if it is just up to one: you'd better remove "at least".
Well anyway... STURMM IS BACK!

See y'all later dudes!

Major Sturmm
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 8:30 am

Major Sturmm!!!! Ahhh..... did we (me!) missed you! I got NOBODY to kick Arachas into submission... until now! HAHAHAH! Great to hear from you.... and even better that you enjoyed the game.

Smoke in the water.... heheheh...

Major Sturmm wrote:
Oh guys, one question on the IR Squads. How many Enforcers can I have? There's talk about must have at least one (p. 65); so I can have more? Later there's the 0-1 choice (p. 68). So if it is just up to one: you'd better remove "at least".
Well anyway... STURMM IS BACK!
Well, the Squad MUST have an Enforcer when you are creating your new Squad. In the OLD days, there were Enforcers were 0-2... but that changed over time. You are right, and it should be clear. Could you please start a new thread on the Suggestions section for the IR? That way I update the rule, post it there for everyone's benefit and discussion. Wink

Great to have you back!
Back to top Go down
Major Sturmm

Major Sturmm

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:18 am

hey Mord!

Good to be back! Thanks man.

I'll start a new thread on the Enforcer! Thanks for clarifying.

See you around babe!

Major Sturmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!   FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FINALLY! Another battle report: STURMM VS. ARACHAS. With PICS! TONS OF PICS!!
Page 1 of 1