The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Severly Damaged Stormraven! The beginning of madness (beware wall o picz ahead!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lysenis

PostSubject: Severly Damaged Stormraven! The beginning of madness (beware wall o picz ahead!)   Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:48 pm

So out of my 4 Stormraven models I wanted to create one of them that looked like it just survived a campaign that dealt with heritic guard (the more fanatical version of renegade guard) here is the resulting outcome.

Now it is not complete yet I still need to gouge the bolter holes and I need to find my blasted hand drill so I can drill out some autogun holes but I did an almost COMPLETE number on this thing and so far I am happy with the results.

In the pictures I show what was used to make the damage that the picture focuses on.

Here is the Blood Falcon's "Angels Fury":

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Severly Damaged Stormraven! The beginning of madness (beware wall o picz ahead!)   Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Pretty cool! Like the damage... very creative.

I don't remember where, but YEARS ago I found a GREAT tutorial on air-brushing tanks and planes. After you finish the modeling and prime the model, the tutorial suggested airbrushing boltgun metal (they called it 'aluminum fuselage') over the damage... then you can put a mask-paint over the damage. This mask paint is some sort of latex paint that you put on the canvas (water color) or model to cover layers of paint. Then, you paint the model (no need to worry about painting over the latex) the base 'color'.

After that, you can paint cammo over, highlight, etc. When you finish, you remove the latex (you can simply rub your finger over it and it comes off) and voilá... scratched paint!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Severly Damaged Stormraven! The beginning of madness (beware wall o picz ahead!)   Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:34 am

Humbrol do a product called 'Maskol' (purple stuff) that does the job or there is always salt weathering... Spray your basecoat, sprinkle with salt, fix with hairspray, spray the next coat and brush off the salt with a toothbrush (preferably an old one) - once I break out my spray gun I plan to use this.

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Lysenis

PostSubject: Re: Severly Damaged Stormraven! The beginning of madness (beware wall o picz ahead!)   Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:46 am

Interesting ideas and I will have to try them in my next project since I have already started painting it. . .
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Severly Damaged Stormraven! The beginning of madness (beware wall o picz ahead!)   Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:14 am

Looking very cool! That's indeed a severely damaged model!
Curious to your progress!
Back to top Go down
Lysenis

PostSubject: Re: Severly Damaged Stormraven! The beginning of madness (beware wall o picz ahead!)   Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:31 pm

Slowly working on the damage now. Moving ATM so not much free time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Severly Damaged Stormraven! The beginning of madness (beware wall o picz ahead!)   Today at 10:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Severly Damaged Stormraven! The beginning of madness (beware wall o picz ahead!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1