The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

I feel a little like a party crasher...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lady Grey

PostSubject: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:25 pm

'Cause I don't play O.O

I am LGW's wife *waves @ Mord* and I'm joining because I find myself reading over his shoulder in the General Interest section from time to time. I don't game, but I do write, and so LGW and I often plot and hash out storylines together. You might be surprised how similar gaming and writing can be Very Happy

My hubby has a fantastic imagination, but he's rubbish at grammar. My imagination is ass, but I'm OCD about spelling and grammar. Together we make a good team Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Lady Grey wrote:
'Cause I don't play O.O

I am LGW's wife *waves @ Mord* and I'm joining because I find myself reading over his shoulder in the General Interest section from time to time. I don't game, but I do write, and so LGW and I often plot and hash out storylines together. You might be surprised how similar gaming and writing can be Very Happy

My hubby has a fantastic imagination, but he's rubbish at grammar. My imagination is ass, but I'm OCD about spelling and grammar. Together we make a good team Very Happy

OMG Your stalking me on my gaming forums........ LOL LOL

welcome aboard the crazy wagon..... maybe enough peer pressure and you might come over to the Dark side and actually have a game or four......

@Mord: you want some one who will pick your text apart for spelling and grammar issues then LG will do it for you and you'll feel like every mistake is a personal insult you have directed at LG. I know my last story hurt me alot [got the bruises to prove it]

well I better watch what I say now or I'll get the beats..... welcome to Death Squads hun.....

LGW [the better half]

Back to top Go down
Lady Grey

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:34 pm

You're too sensitive, love. Get hard Very Happy

And you should know by now that I'm immune to peer pressure Very Happy

LG [the better looking half]
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Lady Grey wrote:
You're too sensitive, love. Get hard Very Happy [<-----OMG Embarassed Your Naughty]

And you should know by now that I'm immune to peer pressure Very Happy

LG [the better looking half]

we'll see ...... "get hard" is not a sexual reference [Mord get your head out of the Gutter] it means "toughen up" or "stop being a baby" or "don't be such a wuss".

this is a G rated show please keep that in mind..... unless your talking about scantly clad Slaneesh Daemonettes dancing to a stripper sound track wearing nothing but a small piece of material......

LGW
Back to top Go down
Lady Grey

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
wearing nothing but a small piece of material fabric......

Sorry. Couldn't help myself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:54 pm

SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!

LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:56 am

Welcome to Death Squads!

Good to have someone to keep LGW in line! Just Kidding

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:46 am

Welcome =)

Lovely to have some other perspectives on the community =)
Back to top Go down
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:54 am

LMAO!

My wife doesn't write (and hates forums), but she does have an army of LotR Orcs. I don't know which is more scary. Wink

Welcome!

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:25 am

Welcome to the club!
You'd better rethink before posting now LGW! LOL
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:36 am

Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:
Welcome to the club!

LOL i might get Smack followed by Stick of Doom then Flamethrower dam its like Little Frustrated mmm she might Nuclear my arse as well......

I guess I better go Salute the wife and give her Kissy otherwise she'll make me dress like K.I.S.S.

LGW
Back to top Go down
Lady Grey

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:39 am

Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:

Very true. Bwahahahha! Nowhere to complain about the nagging wife, now, honey Twisted Evil

@Arachas I am kind of a forum hater too (shhh, don't tell). I've spent a lot of time on forums in the past, but I'm a twitter junkie now. Forums are so 2000 and late Wink

I'm figuring they still have a place in the world though -- the medium certainly suits Death Squads very well.

ETA: My eyes are bleeding from the emote overload Wink

Last edited by Lady Grey on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ETA)
Back to top Go down
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:11 am

At least I know which couple to contact next time I'm in NZ and want to do a double date! ;D

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:30 am

HAHAH! This is AWESOME! HAHAHHA!

I had some opportunities to chat with LGW's Boss... she is hilarious! Dark humor I like... we always turn up a chance to mess with LGW! So I hope that now he takes the opportunity to get hard. HAHAHAH! I need Dozer here... hehehehe!!! :drz:

Welcome to the forums! You do NOT need to play. Remember that :DS is the medium for idiots like me to get inspiration to write stories... mediocre ones at that! Since you write, you don't need Death Squads... but it's fun.

OHHHHHH!!!! I just got an EVIL idea!!! Twisted Evil Idea I want to commission something... I would put it on TLRB, if you want. Read the Hired Guns entry "Corrupt Cherubim". When I wrote that, I was in shock that I could produce such sadistic stuff. I know... you probably roll your eyes pat me in the head. But I think it could serve you as a springboard for some dark writing (if you feel like it)... No holds barred... you go as dark as you want. I make sure I have an extra set of underwear and a vomit-bucket close! HA! You can either PM me the writing of just publish it. Whatever you want (IF you want)... no pressure.

(HEY EVERYONE... LETS PRESSURE HER!)

Regardless... I'm VERY happy to see you around. Now I can send you a hug WITHOUT having to go to LGW... his beard itches!

WELCOME TO DEATH SQUADS!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:53 am

Oh! Our very own copy-writer! GO GO GO!

In fact, can't you hire her to rewrite TLRB? Native speaker and all that. I'm sure it will FINALLY make people take Death Squads seriously. Just Kidding

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:03 am

HEY! That hurt... hehehe

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
Lady Grey

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Ooh, pressure Wink

Where, exactly, do I find this 'Corrupt Cherubim'?

As for rewriting TLRB... I'm sure LGW said something about it being about a million pages long O.O

Now, Mord, I'm wondering if LGW ever told you exactly what kind of stories I write?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Yes... and I did not believed him until I asked YOU. Shocked Twisted Evil That is EXACTLY why I suggested reading the Corrupt Cherubim and writing a story!

Tell that lazy man of yours to get you the HIRED GUNS section (Volume 3, SQUADS... page 123-127)... although you just need the 1st page.

Read it... you see... I can see you cackling right now. You see!

Back to top Go down
Lady Grey

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:51 pm

*pats Mord on the head*

You were right, I did cackle my way through that Very Happy That is... bloody brilliant Very Happy And, disturbingly, I am having plot bunnies O.o I'll have a chat to LGW about it, see if I can get my head around the world (for the record, my head is already 'in' the cherubim--that description was very evocative).
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:58 pm

See... risking getting LGW so mad he comes back from the future and beats me up to a pulp...

Quote :
I live to serve, Mistress.

I had an impression you would like it. Seriously, ask Alan... 40k is very dark when it comes to those things (like creating Servitors and Servo-Skulls!), but Cherubs are very out there. The Corrupt Cherub was a mad idea... I searched for some information and went really dark. I think the writing shows promise, but clearly shines that I'm an amateur... specially when it comes to such dark elements of the human soul like horror or the de-humanizing of men (or in this case... babies! Shocked ) and the conflicts (torture?) that such nasty thoughts can bring.

To me (and I maybe completely wrong... I'm a noob on these matters), these topics are shocking enough to force myself to re-evaluate real life and pin-point moments in which I could help myself (and others) to avoid getting to such depths. I don't know... I don't know to to explain it. confused I suck... HEY! Hehehe... I mean, I maybe trying to fit something deep into plain (sadistic) tendencies (entertainment?), but after I wrote that I thought of what horror would I feel if I were forced to watch such transformation (child to a living-lobotomized-cybernetic-slave) and I wept (not much... I'm supposed to be muy macho!), then smiled at the opportunity to feel reciprocal love with my children.

Then I cackled and said out loud...
Quote :
I'm fu#@ed-up in the head! See you in hell, sucka!

Now I read it and seems kindda funny... evil funny. I bet you could grab that and write something that would keep me awake at nights for weeks. Hehehehe... Do what you feel like doing. If you can use anything we do as inspirational point for your own writing (I'm sure your fans would appreciate new material), feel free to do so! The honor (and pseudo-pleasure) would be all ours.

Now, to lighten the mood... ENTER THE DANCING SPACE MARINES!!!

Dreadnought Blood Angel Blood Angel Dreadnought

Back to top Go down
Lady Grey

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am

I like to be creeped out. Bionic/mutant/altered babies and children must be one of THE creepiest things ever. In our society children are innocent--or most certainly should be kept innocent--so any suggestion of a child that is not sends shivers up anyone's spine.

That's why The Omen was so scary. That's why young Tom Riddle is so scary. That's why The Ring and The Grudge are so scary.

And I'm a mother! I damn well should be creeped out by such things!

The corruption of innocence is a real taboo in our society--but as far as I'm concerned, in fiction, in game, almost anything goes. And I love this idea of the corrupt cherubim.

Where I'm from, they call this kind of thing sickf**kery. I think you stop worrying about there being something wrong with you when you realise there are tons more people out there who enjoy being creeped out in similar ways. I'm not ashamed of my sickf**kery--I'm fully aware of the line between fiction and reality, so you'll have no judgement from me!

LGW was just commenting the other day on the potential for sickf**kery in the 40k universe... *an evil grin spreads over my face*

I'm now determined to take these poor, innocent, ex-babies and do something terrible with them. Of course, often when I try to be scary it comes out heartbreaky or just downright hilarious, but we'll see how it goes.

I liked what you wrote. It's factual and concise, so for me it's like doing my research on wikipedia--and I won't feel as if I'm 'rewriting' anything when I write them Smile

Oh, before I go. Disturbing dancing space marines are disturbing. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:09 am

Why do I feel like I am sitting on the edge of a great big void and I am about to fall in...........

oh and now officially creeped out..... MORD you have no idea what you've unleashed now......

Well I warned you........

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

LGW

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:03 am

HAHAH! That's why I love to chat with you guys. You look scary, but are nice... she looks nice, but IS scary. CONFUSION!!! Heheheh

Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:57 am

Welcome! Sorry it's a bit late though. I'm looking forward to reading your story, or stories Smile
Back to top Go down
Lady Grey

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks! Hopefully I don't get completely intimidated by the 40k universe... It's pretty vast! I need to somehow narrow it down to something I can comprehend and work with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I feel a little like a party crasher...   Today at 5:35 am

Back to top Go down

I feel a little like a party crasher...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next