The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ork list for revision =)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

PostSubject: Ork list for revision =)   Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:07 am

This is my first (actually second) list, but now I, hopefully, have read the rules more thorough:

OFFICERS:

Ork Boss (108)
------------------------------------
Two Handed Axe
Blasta
Helmet
Mesh Armor

Flash Git (72)
Shoota
Club

'Ard Boy (71)
2 x Choppa

'Ard Boy (71)
2 x Choppa

Sneaky Boss (66)
2 x Clubs

RECRUITS:

3 x Ork Boys (111)
3 x clubs

3 x Burna Boys (201)
3 x Burnas

Painboy (50)
Club

I'll play this list tomorrow. I have decided not to take the weirdboy, as I think my boss is highly suspisous about his ability to make heads go *pop*...

I had to redo the whole list, as I suddenly saw that my boss-ork could not have his trusty powah-klaw(!)...

Comments please =)
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Ork list for revision =)   Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Seems like a solid list to me. Lots of bodies and you need to get in close combat quick (but then that's orks). I always go for kommandos with orks and flamers with IG - But that has nothing to do with tactics or skill of any kind!

Be sure to give us feedback on how the flash git plays!

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ork list for revision =)   Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Nice amount of tough bodies (get it?!?! Orks... Tough... ? AGGHHHH!!! Nobody gets my puns... Sad ) my observations:

Ork Nob
I think you missed something... but it is MY fault (like usual!). It is explained in the Two Handed Weapon description...
Quote :
Increased Costs: Creating a larger version of a single handed weapon requires time and resources. The cost of a Two-Handed Axe, Club or Sword on the Squad Depot is to be added to the cost of the normal weapon fabricated. For example, a Two Handed Sword would be the cost of a Sword PLUS the cost of making it Two-Handed.
A Two-Handed Axe (Choppa) costs a total of 30 credits. You do get 50% (round down) off all your initial equipment: (30 + 26 + 18 + 17) / 2 = 45.5 So your gear costs 45 credits. The unit costs is 115.

If you want to make this guy a MEAN Close Combat monster, I would drop the Blasta and the 2-H Choppa... get yourself a Choppa and a Chain/Flail. The Choppa reduces Armor and the Chain/Flail can't be Parried. Later, get yourself a Big Choppa... those things are NASTY!!!

The rest of your Squad looks amazing!

NOTE: When researching your Squad I found that the Two-Handed Close Combat weapons rules slipped by the revision. We will work on the phrasing (spirit will remain similar). Will post note when ready!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Ork list for revision =)   Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:46 am

Didn't check the numbers! Shocked

While Mord is right about the two handed thing - I think one choppa would be enough for now (you are low on any sort of ranged threat - a little is nice) with the blasta - can then upgrade to a big choppa, power klaw or whatever and have useful equipment (including shooty stuff) to pass down the squad.

Cheers Laney

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ork list for revision =)   Today at 8:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Ork list for revision =)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1