Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)

Go down 
+5
Colonel Prius
Narcissus
Lord GreyWolf
Mordheimer
Komfritten
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:40 am

Awesome battle report! I really like the style of it.
I think the addition of a dice roll could work out nice if done subtle.
A bit like this:

Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 Diceroll

If you like it I could provide it to you in layers, but I see you're pretty apt with Photoshop yourself so that shouldn't be a problem. Smile

Really hope you can retrieve your photos. I would go mad when I would lose my photos, especially of my little girl.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:15 am

I actually like that, but I'd need both one for hits and saves, and I'd like it to be in grapichs instead of "real" dice =)
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:39 am

Cool! Smile
Using graphics for them would be a lot easier, it took some time to replicate 'real' ones.
Want me to help? Or can you do them your own?
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:57 am

Please help =)

Looking at page 4 right now, having a hard time remembering what happened - and to whom =)

But I'll wrap it up nicely in the end - hopefully =)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Komfritten... this has so much win, that you can make the result up and we would gooble it up! THIS IS AWESOME!

The addition of ridiculous misses or super awesome criticals as Gatlag suggested would be cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Page 4 is HERE!

Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 Page%204%20half%20size
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Ok, will be glad to help you out on this awesome project!
Don't think I will get to it this weekend as it's pretty packed. Hope that's not a problem.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:56 pm

It's not - I will implement it in the next report =) We have a game sceduled 20th okt, so just before that hehe

It's really cool you want to help =D
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:58 pm

"I'm so dead..."

So funny. Hahaha. One idea might be next time to take the pictures as you go and then afterwards recreate some of the scenes with your best models and scenery to create some awesome little vignettes to help tell the story. I think the shots that are all on terrain look incredible. It would add to the level of polish and 'realism' if you had all of the final pictures on your terrain. I know that is fudging it a little bit, but I think it would be worth it.

For example, that picture with the ork and plague rat fighting. If you move them to the left 4" and stage the fight over that terrain piece a little more you will have a really dynamic and polished scene with two painted models on some great terrain.

Another idea might be to make a few really quick sections that are just open ground/asphalt and rubble, so you can fill in the terrain gaps.

I really like this style of battle report. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Thanks Narcissus! That is a really great idea. Now when I decided to make the reports this way, I also found out where my photos were lacking.

I would also like to, as you say, put in some extra (easy as the terrain is at my hobby room) photos, to get some close ups to make the "cartoon" a little more dynamic.

Also a good idea with the quick pieces - hopefully I can do it before next gaming session Wink
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:03 pm

And the last page HERE!

Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 Page%205%20half%20size

The post-match will be up shortly =)
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Fan-freaking-tastic

another great job and one been waiting for......

MORE!!!! MORE!!!!

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:57 pm

And the post match procedures HERE!

Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 Post%20match%20ork%20vs%20cc
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:59 pm

All in all a great game (especially for the orks), the CC won the match, by sheer stubboness, and I am really happy with the results on the PMP...

I'll have to run the match through for spelling errors, but that is for another time.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Good work. Very enjoyable!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:35 am

First post has been updated to contain all the pages + post match procedures.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:47 am

Komfritten... you are a freaking GENIUS! It is VERY creative and this brings to light the true spirit of Death Squads. Our game is about creating stories... the players provide the main plot, the rules provide the mechanics and the playing gives the details. BUT YOU... you have taken all those elements and have taken them to a whole new level.

Anyone know knows a tiny bit about 40k (not knowing how to play, but know about the video game) would see YOUR Battle Report COMIC and would be completely immersed. "What? That I could do this? How???" That person would look for Death Squads and 40k and custom models, stories and see huge armies. Your work is the official ambassador for our project. While not many of us can make a comic like yours, we all can make stories and enjoy the game and LIVE our comic (at least in our pathetic little minds!) Thank you for such wonderful experience. You re-energize me... that is always a GREAT thing!

My only suggestion... SIGN EACH PAGE! Yes, be proud of your work! I would suggest that on the bottom of each page you add something like:

Quote :
Models, Terrain, Photography and Illustration by Komfritten, inspired by a fan-made 40k-skirmish game of Death Squads. Death Squads
Find out more about Komfritten's adventures at (info here) and about Death Squads at www.DeathSquadsGame.com

I'm VERY sure this thing will find its way through the web and you will become a celebrity. Hell, you already have a FAN on me! Salute Again, thanks for taking the time to create this wonderful work of art and better yet, for sharing it will all the community. YOU ARE AWESOME!

EDIT: I have made this thread a sticky. I suggest you add the links to the pics, so people can see them at a larger size (like you did on each thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:50 am

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:30 am

Before I make a complete set, I have two options for you.
Which one do you like better? Or perhaps you want a complete different style

Option 1
Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 Option1

Option 2
Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 Option2
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:02 am

I like the first one the most. It is really cool you want to help. Gets me all warm inside :-)

Can the be high ress?standard I think is 72 but I use 300...
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:21 am

NP, glad to help you out. Smile
300? You're readying them for print aswell? That's cool, I can fix that.
The first one would indeed fits the best.
I'll popout a set containing the combos from 1 to 6, right?
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:27 am

Nice :-)
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:11 am

Could you pm me your email? So I can send you the set. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)   Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orks vs Chaos Cultists - Novac after Dark (VERY pic heavy)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2