Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Terrain storage ideas...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Narcissus

Narcissus

Terrain storage ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Terrain storage ideas...   Terrain storage ideas... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:32 pm

As I am building up my terrain collection I am noticing a definite problem. Most pieces take up a lot of space! I have been trying to think of different ways to make storage easier. So far this is all I have come up with

• Terrain in shapes that pack easily and of similar height.

• Terrain only accessible outside that nest inside each other.

• Terrain with options to store smaller pieces inside them.

• Corner ruins and things that can spoon to fit together.

• Collapsible (does not appeal to me)

So, does anyone have any good space saving ideas for a nice full board of terrain?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Terrain storage ideas...   Terrain storage ideas... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:11 am

I know the problem and would really like to hear a good solution too!
I've also got a lot of terrain with cool features and all but to store them is a real pain in the you know what!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Terrain storage ideas...   Terrain storage ideas... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:17 am

Im very interested, and would like to get a perspective on this as well as giving one =)
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Terrain storage ideas...   Terrain storage ideas... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:02 am

As of now (as you probably have seen in my thread) I'm building in fixed measures ind length and with - but not in height.

My pieces range fraom 15x15, 15x30, 30x30 and starting some new ones at 30x60.

Whan I find is that even though I easily can put them on the shelf besides eachother, they are NOT stackable, and I do not know how to achieve this, and still having the freedom of building.

Small things as lampposts and the like, I'm making "placeholders" for, enabling me to add them to the terrain when I use them, packing them away in a box seperatly...

I have considered to make boxes that fit the measurements, so to be able to stack them in height as well as width...
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Terrain storage ideas...   Terrain storage ideas... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:40 am

An alternative to boxes Komfritten would be to build a box that is terrain.

Examples: Closed warehouse or building, urban hill, etc.

Say you have a structure that is 8"x8"x4" height. Build a box that is 8.5"x8.5"x4.5". Decorate the outside to fit a building theme. Maybe even build an extension for some stairs and extra level areas. Make the building either without a base or with a removable top/lid. Make sure the new building is durable and doesn't have too many outside sticking out parts. Put the original building inside for storage. You now have two pieces of terrain for the storage space of one!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrain storage ideas...   Terrain storage ideas... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terrain storage ideas...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Scenery & Terrain-
Jump to: