The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wargamer from London, UK.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zilegil

PostSubject: Wargamer from London, UK.   Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:36 pm

I play 40k mostly. But I endeavour to start Warmachine for a while now.

I'm a Dakkanaut (or Dakkarait) to those who catch my drift.

I had a spare Tau unit, so I thought why don't I put it to some use? Although I will need to wait for version 0.7 for Tau of course.

Does anybody have any news on when Tau will be released?

Last edited by zilegil on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Wargamer from London, UK.   Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Welcome to Death Squads!

I frequent Dakka Dakka every so often (though not recently)

The Tau are in the safe hands of Colonel Prius and Arachas - they have some cool stuff going on. For us squads take a while because we work really hard to get them right (and still constantly tweak them!). They might be able to help you out on ETA. You could always use them as a proxy for IG to get to know the game.

Laney Very Happy

P.S. We love pics!

zilegil

PostSubject: Re: Wargamer from London, UK.   Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:56 pm

I will be posting pics as soon as I have them painted. Might start some testers soon. Although I am worried that I might assemble them in a manner of wargear that I might not like.

Oh and, what is ETA?
Back to top Go down
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Wargamer from London, UK.   Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:40 pm

Welcome to Death Squads! We can't promise you anything when it comes to dates, because we all do this in our spare time. All of us have jobs, families, etc. So they'll be here when they'll be here!

That said... post PICTURES! It will encourage me to work harder, I promise...

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Wargamer from London, UK.   Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:08 pm

E.T.A Estimated time of arrival Very Happy

I wouldn't worry about the wargear to be honest (unless you are a What you see is what you get fanatic). The wargear changes over time in a campaign anyway. Just build some cool unique Tau (that's what I plan to do next). Zealot miniatures do some cool alien heads that make for perfect female Tau if you are interested.

Laney Very Happy

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Wargamer from London, UK.   Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:44 am

Welcome to Death Squads zilegil!
Be sure to post them pics, we love them! Smile
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Wargamer from London, UK.   Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi there, welcome!

Tau are coming along nicely and will be released with 0.7. But 0.7 is going to be a huge update, most likely also bringing with it another squad and some big game streamlining. As the pessimist that I am: don't expect them this year and you might be surprised (but probably not Just Kidding). We are working on it all as fast as we can, but if you plan on playing a game 'soon', you might be better off picking another squad for now. As on modeling: Tau recruits are relatively basic, some nice weapon options there, it is the officers that will have the really cool gear (of course). Unfortunately I can't say too much, especially since a lot of it is still fluid and awaiting both playtesting, as the 0.7 gameplay fixes.

Just expect them to be relatively 'basic' when it comes to the units themselves, and very cool, interesting and tactical when it comes to their gear and the usage of it, as we think the tech centered Tau should be.

I am always open to input on their design (by PM), but always take note that we reserve the right to not listen Wink (either because we don't like it, it doesn't fit in the chosen form or because we already have it or something similar)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: Wargamer from London, UK.   Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Welcome! I'm awaiting tau too, I do love them.

As for wargear, I havn't played DS as of yet, but from the advice I've been given when coming up with my Imperial Renegades squad, its best not to get too tied up with What You See Is What You Get, people will be getting killed and replaced fairly regularly, and you'll be upgrading their equipment reasonably often. So go for something which looks good, but still practical, so the troopers look like troopers, but maybe with some attitude and personalization and the officers could be decked out with lots of wonderful things which you want them to eventually have.

Hope that helps, and welcome again!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Wargamer from London, UK.   Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:45 pm

WELCOME zilegil!!!!

Glad you found us. Yes, Prius and Arachas are working on Tau... they may even convert ME to the Greater Good... although I may call it FO' DA' GRETA' WAAAGH!!! The Work In Progress (WiP) is VERY good so far... unique and exciting.

I would listen to dumdeedum if I were you.... hehehe... if you fall in love with WYSIWYG, you will end up doing so many models you may as well play 40k!!! HA! Change is the only constant of war... many people change weapons, armor and wargear... almost as common as loosing legs, eyes and arms. Make whatever models YOU like.

Have fun... and post pics of your models. WiP pics are awesome too... so don't delay, post today! Just Kidding

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wargamer from London, UK.   Today at 6:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Wargamer from London, UK.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1