The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

PostSubject: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:28 am

Here's what I've accomplished so far.

Yet to paint some Ork boys, 1 loota boy, 3 kommandoz and the gretchins:

And basecoated the Gretchins:

I will provide some closeups later in the week. Most of the mini's are 80% done, just needing the last touch and the base. Hopefully this vacation will leave me some time to paint. I want to be done with the Ork Squad before I build more terrain - exept maybe for the shanty town challenge Wink
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:30 am

Here's my first Gretchin... I really like the colour yellow - I REALLY dislike citadels yellow paint - it just won't do what it should..

But the result is nice i think:

Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Very nice squad - yellow is a tricky colour to do well - I think you've done it (more pics will help me to be sure Wink ).

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:02 am

Now I've painted three gretchins, so I'll be ready for tomorrows carnage. I'll bring my trash kan too, it's gonna be bloody Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:39 pm

I'm a fan of the different gretchin and grot models. They are hard t repose but I think grots have lots of character. Good job on the yellow and the blending on the kin tone too. Also, remember the toe nails and finger nails, I always forget them on the grots.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:02 am

Looking great!
Have you tried out the Foundation yellow? (can't remember he name at the moment)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:14 am

WOW! I missed this thread! AWESOME! I love Gretchins...

Excellent technique on the yellow! It is a very hard color to paint. I also spotted some checkers... BRAVO! Thanks for sharing!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:18 pm

Now I got the photobox setup, I need to practice... Here's what I've painted for my Yellowtoof Squad. As said before I need 2 more lootas, 3 commandos and some boys for the complete list:

Last edited by Komfritten on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:29 pm

THey look fantastic! The new photobox makes a huge difference. They look much crisper with the new pictures. The squad looks really good and really coherent but still has lots of individuality. Great work!

I really like the checked scarf on the sneaky boss. I like his pose as well.

The gun for the big shoota is really cool. Is that a bit or did you convert it?

Keep up the great work. Your painting speed is putting me to shame!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:31 pm

For the flash git? It's actually a gun from a Killa Kan he picked up after a battle a while back Wink

The 'ard boys big choppa is a wing from a kill-kopta hehe

If you mean the gatling its made from small coppertubes and some small rubber bands i found, and a grip sawed of from an ordinary shooter...
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:04 pm

An exceptional squad of Orks - really cool conversions and a high standard paint job. The orks are so good for conversion and characterful creations!

Always good to see some Komfritten productions (especially with the new photographs).

Laney:D

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:27 pm

That photobox is indeed paying off! What a sweet models! Cool
Back to top Go down
Stryke

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Wow! these are nice orcs, love the yellow and the poses! the gatling gun is imense! bravo
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:23 pm

What can I say... maybe that you are SUPER lucky I don't live near... I probably try to steal your AWESOME models! Heheheh... you know my personal policy? If I can SWALLOW a model, is mine! GULP!! Heheheh...

The pictures are EXCELLENT! Great lighting, precise focus... all to let your superb painting and modeling skills shine. I agree with Gatlag 100%... your work on the photobox REALLY paid off! BRAVO! I guess that now people will REALLY believe me... taking pics is a snap (HA! PUN!) when you take the time to learn... just like painting! Anyone can take great pics!

My favorite? I can't decide! I will definitely visit this page when it comes time to paint my Burna Boy.

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)   Today at 11:39 pm

Back to top Go down

Komfritten's Yellowtoof Squad (Orks)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1