The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Applying Decals with Vallejo Products (By José Brito)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

PostSubject: Applying Decals with Vallejo Products (By José Brito)   Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:40 am

Found this on the interwebs:

http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/blog/2010/03/applying-decals/

And found it very useful...

====================== Skull ======================
MORDHEIMER'S EDIT: Reproduced below, with correct grammar (without permission, but with credits, for preservation)

Applying Decals Step by step. By José Brito

1. Apply some Vallejo Gloss Varnish where the decal will be placed. When well dry apply a small quantity
of Vallejo Decal Fix (73.213). For better results use the PM052 Vallejo Paint Master Brush. Vallejo Decal Fix is
a setting for decals and will increase the fixation of decal to the surface.

2. Gentle cut the decal. Use a steel ruder and a brand new blade for better results. The decal must be cut the
nearest possible to the subject.

3. Dip the decal in water for a few seconds.

4. Place the decal in the disired spot and remove the water excess. When well dry apply a small quantity of
Vallejo Decal Medium. For better results use the PM052 Vallejo Paint Master Brush. Vallejo Decal Medium is
a decal softener and some care is needed after the application over the decal. For a few hours don’t touch
the decal. Vallejo Decal Medium will do the rest! A few hours later, the decal will look just like painted. All the
recessed or raised details will be visible under the decal.

5. Once the Vallejo Decal Medium well dry, apply a small quantity of Vallejo Model Air Matt Varnish. This will
seal and protect the decal. For better results use the PM052 Vallejo Paint Master brush.

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Applying Decals with Vallejo Products (By José Brito)   Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:34 pm

Thanks Komfritten for the valuable resource! I took the liberty of reproducing the article here (with full credits)... but the site is WELL WORTH to read! THANKS!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com

Applying Decals with Vallejo Products (By José Brito)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1