Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Komfrittens Grey Knights

Go down 
+8
ClausLars
dumdeedum
DeafNala
Gatlag Stonetooth
Laney
Mordheimer
Narcissus
Komfritten
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:42 pm

Yes... abusing my infinite powers, for the benefit of future community members!

. Mr. Burns
MUHAHAH!

Novac?!? CRAP! I knew I forgot something. POOF!!!! Done.

PS: Narcissus is next... wait until I get inspired! Just Kidding

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 2:58 am

After buying my airbrush, I tried out on the power swords: 30 min later I got this:

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 2012-03-14%2018.19.45

I'm a vary happy camper right now. To get such results so fast is amazing! Even though I have to redo the one side on all of them (forgot to invert the proces in my enthusiatic moment) - but that matters not - it's great fun!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:23 am

AMAZING EFFECT!!!

Love the 'tool' you made to hold on the parts! HA! I used to get paint all over me! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Very nice. That tool is key. I hate holding small bits. I always drop them. I've been meaning to try this out too. Good work!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Redid the one side and I'm more than happy with the result!

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 2012-03-15%2020.21.29-1

It's so fun that I almost feel complete now! Oh airbrush - where have you been my entire life!?

Now on to paint som Grey Knights!
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Tutorial at the begining for a technique on powerswords with airbrush

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Thanks for the resource, Dysturbed... I subscribe to the guy's channel... AWESOME!

PS: We expect Komfritten to put the guy to shame. NO PRESSURE!!! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 12:01 am

Mordheimer wrote:
Thanks for the resource, Dysturbed... I subscribe to the guy's channel... AWESOME!

PS: We expect Komfritten to put the guy to shame. NO PRESSURE!!! Just Kidding

Actually Komfritten, 15-30psi pressure is recommended... (couldn't resist the pun!)

Les Bursley has some great airbrush tutorials.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:06 am

I actually used that one for the swords I just did - really cool tutorials!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:24 pm

So messing further around with the airbrush I started painting the Land Raider - uh i like that model =)

This is an early wip, but I'm quite pleased with the result so far. Still learning to control the thing, and I'm not too hard on myself with splotches and minor failures.

Here goes:

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 2012-03-26%2023.08.38
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Looking good. Did you paint the black or the silver first?

Also, can you write down the specific paints you used for each part when you use your airbrush? I really want to see how some different colours look when airbrushed (expecially Vallejo Model Air paints).
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Valljo Air all the way;

Primed grey, then painted white.
"preshaded" with black
Used a dilluted mixture 1:1 of silver and thinner (tried not to cover the shading underneath, but did not succeed much Wink )
then post-shaded with gun metal metalizer (was quite a rough job, and if I had to do it again, I'd be more choosy with the areas)
The red is Turn signal red (metallic colours)
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Looking good. The airbrush will get its first run out this Easter (My blood angels demand it!)

Ta Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Komfritten-I agree about Vallejo Model Air paints. I've been trying to use them for most of my airbrushing recently as they make things so much easier. Much less clogging.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:19 pm

OK... I'm impressed. Your control of the air-brush is leaping forward exponentially. The work is clean and AMAZING. I had to take a 2nd look to see the red/white/red stripes... I thought it was tape! HA! I'm such a dork!

Anyway, the black sections look good. You need to check jd3's thread... he has some great new FW doors!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Getting there *very* slowly, as I actually do not have any time for painting, so have to do it after the little one is at sleep and the wife's gone to bed... who needs sleep anyway...

Painted stripes on both sides. I had to redo them, as the airbrush suddenly deceided to splut paint all over the side... well... hopefully that was a one-time-only thing... (probably not).

Toned the dark areas down with some diluted "valejo air silver", and painted the skulls and the exhausts "dwarf bronze". Washed the bronze with "badab black" and washed all the crevises with "badab black" too. The imperial eagly has to be redone, as "valjo air copper" aint the thing for that =)

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 20120329_235236-1

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 20120329_235248-1

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 20120329_235304-1
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 6:21 pm

Amazing work! Keep at it... bring us more!
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Very nice! I'm going to be applying some of this. That presahding looks fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:32 am

Got me a venerable dreadnaught and just HAD to paint it. It's almost finished only missing a head (!) and some scribling on some scrolls:

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 20120404_102515-1

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 20120404_102555-1

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 20120404_102526-1

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 20120404_102537-1

And the cog at the back need some paint too I just saw...

PS: I'm trying to speed up my painting, so I'm really trying not to go too much "back" to correct minor errors. It's really hard, but I think it's a good process towards getting something done and ready for the table...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:19 am

Gorgeous! Love the 'naught! It is scary what you are doing with that airbrush! KEEP AT IT!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:53 am

Went back to paint on the GK's again - just got some inspiration by looking at j3d's thread =)

A good as done Terminator with Nemesis Force Halberd. I thought of the blue "normal" glow force weapons seems to have, and found that "nemesis" weapons had to be somewhat more - and green seemed like a good "warp" effect.. colour... thingie... as the powers the GK's use to battle the evil demons, comes from the warp, the weapons had to represent this.

Please give feedback on what you think. This halberd is not the best one, as some of the tape was a little loose, but you get the idea i should think:

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 20120522_104000-1

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 20120522_104013-1

And to show that I implementet the zenithal effect by airbrush (narc included a tutorial somewhere from awsomepaintjob) heres some top down and bottom up pics:

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 20120522_104024-1

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 20120522_104054-1

And the segeant (or whatnot) with a Nemesis Deamon Hammer... please comment on the effect - I can't find out if I like it or not. I'll probably go with it, but its magnetized so it should be easy to repaint:

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 20120522_104325-1

There will probably be some OSL effects from the force weapons, but I'll need to practice on some grey models first =)
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:05 am

Looks good. Zenithal highlighting is great. I really love it as it gives a nice set of shadows. The green weapons look really cool too.

How are you masking areas? I would love to see some pictures of it.

In your lower zenithal picture it looks like you are having a bit of a problem with droplet size on the airbrush. I've had it a few times too, and it is really annoying. I'm not sure if it is due to air pressure, clogs, or thick paint. Sometimes the model air paint gets a bit thick around the nozzle.

That red tabard looks great. What formula did you use for it?

How quickly are you getting each model painted? I've found that the coat with the airbrush really speeds up basecoats (the most tedious part).
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:45 am

I use tape for masking, and silly putty (the paper tape for masking when you paint walls).

I'm not as advanced a user to elaborate on psi and paint thickness... I have a table compressor and I just wank it up and spray away... I would like to find out though, but I'll have to read about it, as I'm no good at finding out myself...

The tabbard:
Scab red
Badab black wash
Scab red again
Gore red
Gore red + white

I've actually painted 6 termies at the same time. I think I will say about 3-4 hours for the lot of them, including the power weapons. I find that if I do 4-10 at the same time, the extra time needed is very little, as I do not have to change paint so often and such.

THanks for the thoughts on the green weapons =)
I just tried to do some OSL, but it turned out horrible (thank the emperor it was on a grey model). Have to try again with a nother paint thickness and some other colours... Need some virbrant green I think...
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:02 am

Very nice work. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:23 am

Narc: Found this. Think I'll have to try to translate it into praxis for myself...

http://www.airbrushguru.com/airbrush-basics.html

What I initially get from this is: Lower preassure = smoother surface... have to try it out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Komfrittens Grey Knights
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next