The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello from Virginia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gizzawd

PostSubject: Hello from Virginia   Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi All,

I am a long time gamer, former GW employee, SPFX artist and all around professional wierdo. Some of the game armies I have:

Dark Angels 40k
Skaven Mordheim
Undead Mordheim
Orlock Necromunda
Eshcer Necromunda
Goliath Necromunda
Delaque Necromunda
Cawdor Necromunda
Cryx Warmachine
Guild (Ortegas and Death Marshals) malifaux
Beastmen BloodBowl.

It's nice to finally stop poking around and introduce myself. I plan to go over the Death Squad rules and put a force together and see what this is all about. If nothing else it should make for some great conversions.

Snippet of a conversation from a game I played:

Customer: What is that thing?
Me: Its a Dreadnaught.
Customer: Not like any dreadnaught I have ever seen.
Shop owner: Its Rogue Trader era. Before your time.
My oOpponent : Yeah, when he opens his dark angels case its like a geek version of antiques roadshow.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Gizzawd wrote:

Snippet of a conversation from a game I played:

Customer: What is that thing?
Me: Its a Dreadnaught.
Customer: Not like any dreadnaught I have ever seen.
Shop owner: Its Rogue Trader era. Before your time.
My oOpponent : Yeah, when he opens his dark angels case its like a geek version of antiques roadshow.

Not gonna lie, that made me chuckle pretty darn good.

Welcome to the forums!

I for one look forward to hearing you opinion on the game.

I also demand pictures of your RT Beakie marines....especially those of your DA. I have been an avid DA player myself since 4th.

2. Though shalt not refer to thine brethren, whom the Emperor has dictated be armed with an incendiary weapon, as a "Flamer" constantly. For this has been proven to lower morale and cause strife within His Most Holy showering facilities.
3. Thou shalt not follow a Librarian around thinking, "Can you hear me now", repetitively in an attempt to drive him insane.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Wow, great influx of new members lately, great! Welcome. I hope you can convince some other players near you to play a game, if not, we always like pictures of cool conversions!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Welcome to Death Squads - that's quite some list!

Laney:D

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Virginia?!?! Ohhh, wait... I missed the traditional...

Salute WELCOME, Brother Gizzawd! Salute

It is a GREAT thing to see you come back from The Warp! So when you play 40k it was actually called 39k? AWESOME! Hehehehe... In all seriousness, it is good to see some of the old-guard (no pun intended) around! We aim to please, and it seem that the old school fluff pleases many! Very Happy

Now... where in Virginia? I asked because I just moved to Elizabeth City (NC), and I'm 1 hr away from Norfolk (VA). I'm started to pollute indoctrinate brainwash convince some of the locals to play Death Squads. MUAHAHAHAH!!!! Twisted Evil Do you have a current group where you play? How did you heard about Death Squads?

Well, since you brought the amount of models you have and how alien (maybe pun intended) they are... we want PICS!!!! Hahaha! We love pics. Also, if you play, please remember to help us gather Data so we can adjust Squad Rating (LINK). I hope that you enjoy YOUR game. If you have any questions, comments and/or suggestions... PLEASE let us know!

Gizzawd wrote:
Guild (Ortegas and Death Marshals) malifaux
I think our new friend have decided our dilemma...

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gizzawd

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:50 pm

When I get a chance I will take some pics and post them. As for where I am at.. I am in Water View. I am about an hour and a half north of Norfolk depending on traffic. I'm about 2 hours or so from D.C/NoVa. I tend to do most of my wargaming in Williamsburg.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:56 pm

Cool! I have been in the News Port-Williamsburg Airport area. Maybe someday we could play! Very Happy

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:34 am

Welcome to Death Squads! Wow, die-hard Necromunda player I see. Some of your warbands should fit seemlessly into in terms of models (try IG or Renegades).

Would love to see pics of all those models!

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Gizzawd

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:03 pm

I am considering picking up some of the catachans for death squads. The command squad box has a lot of potential for conversion and customization. I always preferred the squad based skirmish games to the long drawn out 40k games. I remember one 40k 2nd ed game i played that lasted a weekend.

I forgot to answer an earlier question... I found death squads from the mordheimer site as some friends of mine want to get some mordheim going. I just kept following the links until I got here.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:08 pm

Gizzawd wrote:
I remember one 40k 2nd ed game i played that lasted a weekend.

Good lord.....how many points were you playing?? I've only heard of Apocolypse games lasting that long, and thats because they are 25,000 points a side.....

2. Though shalt not refer to thine brethren, whom the Emperor has dictated be armed with an incendiary weapon, as a "Flamer" constantly. For this has been proven to lower morale and cause strife within His Most Holy showering facilities.
3. Thou shalt not follow a Librarian around thinking, "Can you hear me now", repetitively in an attempt to drive him insane.
Back to top Go down
Gizzawd

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:13 pm

The game was 4000 a side, but back then the rules were a lot less streamlined and a lot more convoluted. you would have to roll up to 7 dice for armor penetration, every weapon had a negative armor save, not an ap value, and then there was overwatch.....
Back to top Go down
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Gizzawd wrote:
The game was 4000 a side, but back then the rules were a lot less streamlined and a lot more convoluted. you would have to roll up to 7 dice for armor penetration, every weapon had a negative armor save, not an ap value, and then there was overwatch.....

HISSSS... overwatch... Stick of Doom

Catachans are cool and very easy to convert. I gathered all my remaining Catachan bits, together with some Space Marine scout bit and voila! I had a squad (and yes, I still need to post it).

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Oathed

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Damn that was funny. I'll be in DC soon enough with some luck.
Back to top Go down
http://warhammerswede.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Today at 8:38 am

Back to top Go down

Hello from Virginia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1