Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Slaughtered

Go down 
+3
Laney
Mordheimer
whiskeytango
7 posters
AuthorMessage
whiskeytango

whiskeytango

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Heres my first The Slaughtered 778760 list ever, so all suggestions welcome

Officers:

CSM, bolt pistol, sword, MoK - 134 credits
Aspiring Champion, MoCU, autogun, combat knife, rope and hook - 71 credits
Aspiring Champion, MoCU, autogun, combat knife, rope and hook - 71 credits
Chosen, MoK, Slugger, Axe - 96 credits
Chosen, MoK, Slugger, Axe - 96 credits

Recruits:

x4 Cultists, autoguns, vox caster - 188 credits
Annihilator, Flamer - 61 credits

Total Squad members - 10
Total Credits - 717

Do have to say I purposefully haven't spent the remaining 33 credits, to insure that I have enough come next game for the CSMs upkeep, and hopefully I can add the remainder to whatever I make to buy a SM helmet.

Any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:16 pm

I find curious that you decide to use a Vox Caster. Your Squad is not particularly shooty... it is cool, but won't make much of a difference now. I mean, the Cultist who has the Vox (which btw, needs to be on its own Recruit Group) has an autogun, and would allow any one Fighter within 12" with LoS and Range to the same Target a re-roll to-Hit... with an autogun. Just Kidding

For the CSM... I would go with a Flail. Nobody can Parry those! Save 5 credits... until you can buy your CSM a Little Stick of Kick Ass.... hehehe... a Berserker Glaive. I think this is more important than the Helmet right now. You are Khorne... go get some Skull !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
whiskeytango

whiskeytango

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Hey, thanks for the critique. A flail isn't a bad idea on the CSM, i'll look into that. The vox caster is there for two reasons: i wanted one of my models to have one, and for the leadership. Cultists have pretty shoddy leadership, and since I haven't exactly armed them for close combat, I don't expect they'll spend much time within 6" of my CSM, so they won't be able to benefit from his awesome leadership. This way, I can basically have almost every model in the squad be leadership 9 for whatever they may need test for. Also, its super cheap, and I would probably end up buying one later on anyways, so might as well cash in now.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:29 am

Sounds fairly reasonable - you'll be wanting that vox when you get a heavy bolter for the Chaos Undivided.

I have to disagree with Mord on the Helmet - that would absolutely be my first purchase in the post game sequence - keep him alive or the cultists won't last long(even a CSM is vulnerable in the early stages). The flail sounds cool though!

Nice list - and no rarity issues (I think:P ) - I personally would not get the rope and hook until later and go for another cultist (or annhilator with autogun, ready for upgrading)

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:45 am

I'm not even going to try and comment... hehehe...

*looks over his shoulder for incoming DoZer BlaDes™*
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:29 am

sigh........

Laney missed it......

Arachas did the right thing.....and ran away in the other direction.....

Mordheimer wrote:
For the CSM... I would go with a Flail. Nobody can Parry those! Save 5 credits...

You do realize that the CSM comes standard with either a Boltgun or a Bolt pistol/Sword combo? Which means he didn't spend ANY credits purchasing that sword? So for your suggestion instead of saving 5 credits, he would spend 10 credits more for a CC that could potentially disarm himself with??? How does any of that make sense? The Slaughtered 1308685301 The Slaughtered 1308685301 The Slaughtered 1308685301 The Slaughtered 1308685301 The Slaughtered 1308685301 . Stick with the sword Whiskey, and upgrade to a better CC weapon later in the campaign. It is also a GREAT idea to go for that helmet right away. The achilles heel of the Chaos Cultists is its CSM. If you loose him you might as well start a new squad up. Get him as much protection gearwise as you can (Lucky Charms, Better Armor Saves, even a shield since yours is a berserker), but dont be afraid to throw him into the mix either.

I would also drop the rope and hooks as well. The only way I would include them into my squad is if I knew for an absolute FACT that all of the terrain that I will be playing on has NO ramps or ladders to get to upper floors.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:43 am

Dozer... thanks for being SO gentle with me! I don't know if you realize that I make stupid comments because I want you to get a bruise in your forehead. confused Well, actually... I have no real reason, except stupidity itself! You are right as usual... you, Arachas and Prius are gonna drive me mad(ER).

Yes... leave the CSM as is... the correct cost is 109 Credits. Enjoy the extra 25 credits. Dropping the Rope & Hook (as suggested by the Mighty One) would give you 24 Credits extra. That would give you a total of 82 unspent credits. You could:

a) Get another Cultist with Autogun for 43 credits. You still have 39 credits left.
b) Get another Annihilator with Flamer for 61 credits. You still have 21 credits left.

If your plan is to always have enough to pay for the CSM upkeep, then you just need 15 credits. Another body could make a difference.

Hopefully I did not stuck my foot on my mouth... again!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Hopefully I did not stuck my foot on my mouth... again!

Except for your horrible grammar, as evident in this closing statement... I think you're cool.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:53 pm

[url=ENGLISH... Y U SO HARD!!!]http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/t2082-english-y-u-so-hard[/url]

Edit by Arachas: wtf Mord, now you can't even handle links? There, let me fix that for you: ENGLISH... Y U SO HARD!!!
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango

whiskeytango

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Hmm... so no flail, drop the rope and hooks, and pick up another guy. Maybe I should do what Laney said and grab an annihilator with heavy weapons training and an autogun, then grab him a heavy stubber at the first opportunity.

When the time comes, should I start replacing the autoguns with shotguns? They seem alot more Khorne-like to me.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:37 pm

You could switch out your autoguns for shotguns, just ask Mord how nasty the shotgun shuffle is.

However, I wouldn't purchase too many. Instead I would probably get two or three, just to have that punch at 12" without any modifiers to-hit. It would be an expensive proposition to try and focus on that. I would focus on maybe getting one a game, and then upgrade your equipment on your officers. Personally, the first item I always purchase is a Lucky Charm for each one.

Anyways based upon what I understand about what you want in your squad, this is what I would do:

CSM (134) - Base 109, MoK (25), Slugger (22), Club (5)
AC #1 (38) - Base 38, Boltgun
AC #2 (60) - Base 38, Autogun (22)
Chosen #1 (89) - Base 34, Autopistol (15), Axe (15), MoK (25)
Chosen #2 (89) - Base 34, Autopistol (15), Axe (15), MoK (25)

Annihilator #1 (61) - Base 34, Flamer (27)
Annihilator #2 (56) - Base 34, Autogun (22)

5 x Cultist (43) - Base 21, Autogun (22)

8 Credits left over
12 bodies
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango

whiskeytango

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:49 am

DoZer wrote:
Anyways based upon what I understand about what you want in your squad, this is what I would do:

CSM (134) - Base 109, MoK (25), Slugger (22), Club (5)
AC #1 (38) - Base 38, Boltgun
AC #2 (60) - Base 38, Autogun (22)
Chosen #1 (89) - Base 34, Autopistol (15), Axe (15), MoK (25)
Chosen #2 (89) - Base 34, Autopistol (15), Axe (15), MoK (25)

Annihilator #1 (61) - Base 34, Flamer (27)
Annihilator #2 (56) - Base 34, Autogun (22)

5 x Cultist (43) - Base 21, Autogun (22)

8 Credits left over
12 bodies

so... confused... in my head.

Are you suggesting I buy the csm with a boltgun and combat knife, then give the boltgun to one of the aspiring champs?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:55 am

confused Sweet Baby Emperor... Shotgun Shuffle! It's nasty. Check the Tactics section....
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:23 am

whiskeytango wrote:

so... confused... in my head.

Are you suggesting I buy the csm with a boltgun and combat knife, then give the boltgun to one of the aspiring champs?
That is exactly what I am suggesting. You are not in any way loosing out on the cc potential of the CSM, but instead gained some extra punch at range very early in a campaign.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:33 am

Don't shotguns have a rarity value? I.e. you can't buy them during recruitment?
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:47 am

Arachas wrote:
Don't shotguns have a rarity value? I.e. you can't buy them during recruitment?
They sure do, and actually it's a rarity 6. But what he asked was whether or not to start switching out to shotguns after the first game.
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:52 am

I was unaware that you could swap out the CSMs starting equipment like that. Certainly an interesting option.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:03 am

ClausLars wrote:
I was unaware that you could swap out the CSMs starting equipment like that. Certainly an interesting option.
Why wouldn't you? Once he's part of the squad, all his gear and the gear of your other members becomes part of the squad armory. At that point you are free to change around any weapons and wargear as you see fit, but you would have to of course follow any restrictions in place on the weapons and wargear itself (like heavy stubbers requiring heavy weapons training, and leader only type weapons).
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:11 am

Yes! You can start collecting 'hand me downs'. For example, if you get a Mesh Armor for one of your Officers and later buy him a Flak Jacket, you could pass the Mesh 'down' to another Officer or even a Recruit.

Another exception (of those that Dozer noted) could be on a specific Unit. For example, the IG Captain can buy stuff at 50% off during initial recruitment, but he must be able to use the stuff in the 1st game. AFTER the initial game, you could give to someone else.
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:32 am

But can you give his weapons away before playing the first game ?

-Skavenslyer
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:38 pm

skavenslayer wrote:
But can you give his weapons away before playing the first game ?

-Skavenslyer

Unless otherwise noted in the units description, like the reduced cost wargear rule for the IG Captain, then you can. Remember all weapons/wargear/items purchased are "pooled' in the squad armory and are "handed" out to various units. Not one weapon belongs to a unit unless the weapon specifies it like the plasma pistol (leader only) or the ripper gun (ogryn only).
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango

whiskeytango

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 4:58 pm

Hmm... as tactically sound as that may be, its fluffiness is dubious at best. I can't see a chaos space marine being like "you know what i think would best help the squad? If i divied out my clearly superior wargear to the less fortunate soldiers. In the mean time, I'll just use this awfully primitive pistol and a hefty stick"
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Good point and it's up to you and the story of your squad to define how you play. You could fluffily explain it away, but if it feels wrong then don't do it. A CSM with MoK screams Bolt Pistol and Sword to me anyway.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:58 pm

I agree. In game terms, this is not wrong. If in YOUR fluff is OK... then do it! My CSM is a bad ass... so he share nothing. I put a fu*#%ing POISON GAS BOMB on my stuff... anyone touches it and they DIE! Twisted Evil

Seriously... I don't feel right having the game FORCING you to stop do something that is not abusive.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:08 am

:shrug: to each his own I guess. I rarely if ever play for fluf reasons, and instead play to win. If that means shifting wargear around to get an edge elsewhere then I say why not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Slaughtered Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slaughtered   The Slaughtered I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Slaughtered
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Squad Lists, Tactics & Strategies-
Jump to: