The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Greetings from Cincinnati

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cervantes3773

PostSubject: Greetings from Cincinnati   Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Hey gang, I recently discovered Death Squads and look forward to introducing it to the rest of my local group.

I see that Necrons and DE are in the works - this has me very excited!
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Cincinnati   Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:43 am

Welcome to Death Squads!

Currently first in the development queue are Tau and Arbites, but I'm sure DoZer has something pretty special in the mix for Dark Eldar. I assume Necron and DE are your current armies?

Cheers Laney

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Cincinnati   Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:03 am

Démoles La Bienvenida al Manco de Lepanto!
Let Us Welcome The One-Armed Man from Lepanto

Sorry!!! The ubber nerd in me came out. Cervantes... as Miguel De Cervantes, the man who wrote El Ingenioso Hidalgo Don Quijote de la Mancha (The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha, for you gringos). You know, he is the most important author in Spanish literature (say the Shakespeare of Spain). He lost his right hand at the Battle of Lepanto, and thus nicknamed El Manco de Lepanto (the one-armed/one-handed man from Lepanto). Hell... google it. Just Kidding

Anyhow... to business!

Salute WELCOME, Cervantes3773! Salute
It is awesome to welcome you! How did you found us? Have you been playing? Feel free to share with us the pics of your armies and tell us about your games! Anything we can do... please let us know!

Sorry (again) about the little nerd spill. Hehehe...

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Cervantes3773

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Cincinnati   Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:21 am

¡Muchas gracias por tu saludo amable!
Es verdad que escogé este nombre, hace muchos años, para honrar el estimado Miguel de Cervantes. Después de mis clases de español en colegio, las continué en la universidad y me titulé en español (y el contable también).[/i]

¡Qué tesoro tengo yo en mi copia de la edicion de la cuatrocentésimo aniversario del libro!

Bueno....

Loose Translation:
Quote :
Thank you very much for such a warm greetings!
The truth is that I selected this name, many years ago, to honor the beloved Miguel de Cervantes.. After my Spanish classes at school, I continued them in college and I graduated in Spanish (and accounting too!)

What a treasure I have in my copy of the 400th anniversary edition of the book!

I haven't started playing yet, but I found out about the Death Squads from a thread on Warseer regarding an updated Necromunda/40k version of Mordheim. Our group is in the midst of a Mordheim league right now, and I think I'll suggest Death Squads after it runs it's course. I'd love to help develop the Necron and Dark Eldar lists.

Oh, and no need to worry about the nerd spill... you're talking to the guy who reads novels in a foreign language for fun. LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Last edited by Mordheimer on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added translation to English, the forum's official language.)
Back to top Go down
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Cincinnati   Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:05 am

Hey, I'm a guy who reads forums, books, ANYTHING in a foreign language. Hehe.

WELCOME TO DEATH SQUADS! You seem like an inspirational fellow. Have you got any squads yet? Any pics you can show us?

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Cincinnati   Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:12 am

Ahhh, Cervantes! I feel like writing to you in prosa (rhyme)! Hehehe... you find people who at least tried to read about Don Quijote... VERY Ninja of you! Very Happy

In the OLD days (a little before when the most popular and only browser was Netscape!) I used the nick 'Borincano' which means 'person from Borínquen'... Brorikén, which was misunderstood by the Spaniards as Borínquen, was the name the natives gave to Puerto Rico. Needless to say... I could find countrymen with ease. I changed mine after I worked on www.Mordheimer.com.

I took the liberty of translating your text. Although is fun for me to read stuff in Spanish, it is definitely against the rules. English is the forum's native language (and proper English at that!) so we can ALL read it. Especially since you had so much nice information... an accountant? Weird! HA!

Well, read the rules... get your buddies ready! After you play a few games as written, post some Battle Reports (with pics... we LOVE pics!), become an active member of the community (post and answer questions, share your hobby experience... even with Mordheim!) you could join the community. The Dark Eldar are in the slow simmer... Dozer had them on early design stage. Dozer is a great guy (don't tell him... he thinks I hate him! Wink ), avid 40k and tournament player that does NOT like to win at all costs... he has a great DE Army. We should demand pics! Yeah... angry mob his ... hehehe. I know that he would love some input when the time comes.

To join the Staff, check this thread!

So... pictures of your models? Please! HA!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Cincinnati   Today at 7:46 am

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Cincinnati
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: