Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy

Go down 
+5
Narcissus
Arachas
Mordheimer
Dysturbed
tendi
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tendi

Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy Empty
PostSubject: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:26 pm

So i challenged Mord to paint one [or more!] ork from his DS band in the fixed time till 27th so 12 days to go. As counter challenge I will try to do a full table [gaming surface] from nothing for nothing [paying only for glue and paints] in the same time limit. I'm not a master builder or painter but challenge must be... challenging Very Happy And i intend to steal a lot ideas from our community builders. How good? Only time will tell.

So stay tuned as i will try to photo my progress and bully Mord to try harder then me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:31 pm

If you have a local sign shop stop in and ask them if they have extra foam core scrap that they can't use from poster prints. They will probably just give it to you to get it out of their shop.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Wow! The pressure is ON! A model for a table? Hmmm... Do you know how many people will bet that you will win? THE PRESSURE... I CAN'T HANDLE THE PRESSURE....
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:00 pm

A GUTSY CHALLENGE!! We will see it done, my brave friend!

Or else... Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy 370944
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:11 pm

I am excited to see your progress.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 8:03 am

Haha the game is on! Will be watching this thread! Smile
Back to top Go down
tendi

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 1:19 pm

So. Photo time!

This is yesterday stage:
Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy P1010064s

With standard Tyrant test. He fits Wink

Idea stolen from DNala to the extend of copying size of His table... In true there was less to cut with 36" width pieces so size accidentally is the same. Material was recycled from transport crates so was free and had tons of nails in it. So material preparation stage is done. Other materials gathered. Now final planing time and hopefully some first glued pieces Very Happy

Mord:
This is not a race. It is mutual challenge. Wink Win - win situation. You are challenged to paint something, and I wanting to show You my support put a challenge to myself so there is constructive work on both sides.
So? Found Your paints yet? Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Nice looking thing! I think the hex table has LOTS of potential. Is it 36" across?

tendi wrote:
So? Found Your paints yet? Just Kidding
CCRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP!!!! Just Kidding So far... my part of the challenge is kicking my butt! Hehehe... I will go an open another box in the next 5 mins.
Back to top Go down
tendi

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Nice looking thing! I think the hex table has LOTS of potential. Is it 36" across?

42" edge lenght, 72" from edge to opposite edge, so 82" from corner to opposite corner.
It is planed as 3+ players DS table and 3 players W40k table up to 1,5k points. Hopefully more. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Cool!

I unpacked 3 more boxes... place looking better. I need to take pics. I found my paints (YEAY!) but not my brushes (BOOO!) I think I will look some more tonight.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:45 am

Mordheimer wrote:
Cool!

I unpacked 3 more boxes... place looking better. I need to take pics. I found my paints (YEAY!) but not my brushes (BOOO!) I think I will look some more tonight.

Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy Snake-fail
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:04 pm

This is an ace thread Go Tendi! Go Mord! Who will win? (My bet's on Tendi - sorry Mord!)

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:24 pm

Laney wrote:
(My bet's on Tendi - sorry Mord!)

I can feel the love...
Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy Unfaithful-Masochist
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:32 pm

It's a valid motivational technique Mord! (I use it on my three year old all the time! Just Kidding "I bet you can't eat all that broccoli." "Yes I CAN!" etc)

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:51 am

OK... here is MY update...
Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy SetupWorkspace

As you can see, I AM working on setup. I managed to take things out from bags, that were inside boxes, that were inside bigger boxes, that were on the garage! YEAY PROGRESS!

The picture seems tiny.... even when enlarged. The real panoramic picture you can see the individual miniatures... can you spot my Deathwatch Space Marines? Well... I guess not. Some more pics then...
Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy SetupWorkspacePartial02
Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy SetupWorkspacePartial06

Detailed pictures on the next batch. Man... at this rate, tendi is gonna finish TWO tables before I start painting. I better get cranking!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:59 am

Nice workspace =) and good light.

I cought myself looking out the window trying to see some features out there - I'm rather curious coming from denmark, and yet have to se the states Wink

Looking forward to see the Mordheimer do some paint work!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Indeed a nice workspace! I'm jealous! I have to clean up the table after everytime I work on my army/squad/terrain... You also have nice stuff to finish I see! Would love to see that Fortress of Redemption completed. Have been tempted to buy that one myself a couple of times now. Smile
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Only a week to go now, any chance of more WIP pics? So far we're being left in the dark, I have no idea what either of you is making/painting yet Sad

Feels weird asking Mord for pics, its usually him asking everyone else for pics Smile
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:11 am

dumdeedum wrote:
Feels weird asking Mord for pics, its usually him asking everyone else for pics Smile

All the more reason to bug him about it!

MORD! PICS! NOW! Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy 370944
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:06 am

Indeed! Bring us them pics Mord!!!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:57 am

SWEET BABY EMPEROR! This is becoming a mob... I better do ANYTHING! Hehehe...

Yesterday I had to leave with the family, so no more work. But today, I plan to vacuum the house, clean the kitchen, do some laundry and then... PAINT! My challenge from tendi is to paint that ONE unpainted Burna Boy in the Battle Report in two weeks... sorry, ONE week left. He said he could finish a whole table before I could. COM'ON! Have I grown such a bad reputation?!? The word on the street is that if you want to make money, tendi is the safe horse... Vegas sent me an email, the odds are 89:1 against me. Shocked

Seriously... THANKS for the encouragement! Between checking the forums, helping others moving Death Squads forward and writing new material for Death Squads, I have no time to play or paint... BUT IT ENDS SOON! I mean, I used to do it, right? Just Kidding Notes and posts from all of you are nice to see. Every note/post feels me with energy, although the pressure is unbearable! Just Kidding

DeafNala wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS on your new work bench! May you turn out MARVELS OF MODELING there.

Enjoy the weekend, Amigo!

My task will be to finish the 4 Orks I have started (to further complete The White WAAAGH!) so I can warm up... I have not painted in a year. Then finish my 3 Nobs. Once that is done... I can take the challenge and paint my Burna Boy.

Maybe later (hey, I can dream!) I can finish my Sneaky Boss, Trash-Kan and Painboy, and paint me a Flash Gitz and some Lootaz. So... I HOPE to have some paints by the end of the day. Wink

So... how about another update tendi? I mean... I did managed to semi-assemble my workspace! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:07 am

Wow 8 models to paint by the end of the week, theres no way in hell I could do that, but i'm super slow at painting, takes me something like 5 hours a model because I don't like colours in the wrong place and I have an unsteady hand. I seem physically incapable of painting eyes, my hand isnt steady enough to paint the whites, let alone the iris/pupil.

Anywho, I'll look forward to seeing the models Mord, you planning on dipping them or sticking to normal painting, your tyranid/whatever it was, was pretty good on the dipping tutorial.

And good luck man, can't wait to see the models Smile

And I want to see how this table is coming along too, I think maybe it's a little big to do in one week though...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:42 am

Hhahahah... THANKS for the push, buddy! Smack HEhehehe...

The Boyz and Nobz are ALMOST finished. They are table quality, but no details... so I need to finish them. They would serve as a warm up for my rusty brushes!

I won't be dipping them... old fashion painting for me. I used to paint eyes (with pupils), teeth and nails. Hell, if I could paint belly-button lint, I probably do that too! I so some free-hand stuff (nothing as cool as Laney!) but I do try.
Back to top Go down
tendi

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:46 pm

Actualization time:
Whole pattern:
Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy P1010067t

So various grades of mesh, various shapes and angles for random industrial look.
Now i have 'just' to fill spaces between 'crated crevasses' for 'Imperial pattern how to build city on top of great canyon' ;-)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:36 am

Hmmm.... INTERESTING! Can't wait to see what you are planning.

My Update? uhhh.... errr... ok...

It was 70F degrees yesterday, so my 5 year old son decided to invite me to 'build' a Monster Truck track in the backyard. Needless to say, we played for 4 hours in the mud. Sorry... nothing done. Maybe today...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next