Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from Czech Rep.

Go down 
+3
Arachas
Gatlag Stonetooth
Lazi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazi

Lazi

Greetings from Czech Rep. Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi.
It occured to me, that I haven't introduced myself here yet!
So I am a WHFB player from Prague, Czech Republic. I am 23 and the hobby caught me some four or five years ago. I play Mordheim sometimes and recently found interest in WH40k. But I am not a fan of big battles, so Greetings from Czech Rep. 778760 are more suitable for me. Currently I am trying to persuade my group to give it a try (with small success, as they want to play other races/sqads than those already designed).

So, that's probably all I can think of right now Wink

For all developers and contributors: Pokračujte v dobré práci! Wink
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Heya! Welcome to the board!
Be sure to enjoy your stay! Smile
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:08 am

Welcome to Death Squads! Prague is a beautiful city. Smile

Yeah, friends often want stuff that can't have, hehe. I have a friend who is dieing to play DS, but he adamantly refuses to jump in until Space Marines arrive. It's a very limiting way of approaching a game like this. I would say to your friends what I said to mine: pick one of the existing squads and make it your own. Think up some fluff, make a list and just give the game a go.

They'll prolly find out they'll love what's already there. Makes waiting for your real treats easier. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 8:22 am

Salute WELCOME, Lazi!!! Salute

Sneaky... you made me translate that! HA! Thanks... we aim to please. Glad to see you here! What Squads are your friends interested in playing. Arachas is right (by The Emperor... I can't beleive I said that!)... the 40k Universe is rich, and right now there is LOTS of room. Each Squad (even individual IG Regional Platoons) play VERY differently. I would suggest playing the game to learn the rules, see how you like it... by then, the bug would spread and we would have some other Squads ready. We are actively working on Adeptus Arbites and Tau. Space Marine Scouts Squad (SMSS) and Dark Eldar are next.

Anyway... welcome! Where are the pics? HA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lazi

Lazi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:06 am

Mordheimer wrote:

Sneaky... you made me translate that!
That was the intention Just Kidding

As to squads: I am interested in Eldar and IG (Cadians or Urban Fighters, not decided yet). On guy is fan of chaos marines (Iron Warriors) an Renegades and he is the one who seems the most enthusiastic about the whole idea - but unfortunately we can find a match in our schedules (but this we will overcome I hope Wink ). Then there is a Tau player. I am trying hard to convince him to play Kroot Squad at least - I wasn't succesful yet, though. I think he would go for Dark Eldars too (he really likes DE in both WHFB and W40K). And there is one hardcore Space Marine :/ . These three are the ones who have some experience with 40k in our group, others play WHFB and it's hard to convince them to give 40k or Greetings from Czech Rep. 778760 a try. But at least I convinced them to play Mordheim a little bit more (btw. your web is great source of information, Morheimer Wink ) so maybe after while they will be more open to the Greetings from Czech Rep. 778760 idea (as I see much greater potential in it than in Mordheim).

It also hard with all other activities we are doing. RPGs and LARPs take some of our time, together with school. But as our regular GM is sometimes missing on our RPG session, it might be easier to introduce DS to the group as an alternative to RPGs. But as there are few who don't play WH at all, we would have to make some initial squads for them, I guess. But I hope I will succed in this tough mission Wink

And for the pictures, behold my Slann from WHFB and some of my Eldars:
Greetings from Czech Rep. Slann11-10-122
Greetings from Czech Rep. EldarAvengers6
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:18 am

WOW!!! Definitely good paint! While the Slann is really good, the Eldars' paint scheme caught my eye! VERY nice!

Feel free to open new threads and share MOAR!!!! Hhehehe... Nice Eldars! I have a reputation for hating Eldar (nothing to do with getting beat to a pulp by them all the time... ahem.... ), so take this as high prise indeed!

At some point we plan to revise the Eldar... new units, more up to par with fluff, more streamlined rules... I think you will like them. The Jenkala Urban Fighters are fun to play too... The guy that like Chaos would enjoy VERY much either playing Chaos Cultists (who are lead by a Chaos Space Marine), all their Mark of Chaos craziness (they were designed by Dozer... who is working on the Dark Eldar) and their old-school feel. He may enjoy the Imperial Renegades... the seed of Chaos is in them, but not as evident. Both Squads (tactically speaking) play VERY different!

The Tau are coming! I have never been too fond of them... but the Squad is shaping to be AWESOME! I need to get me some Tau models! HA! Colonel Prius and Arachas are the Leads on that design. VERY COOL! They researched all the info very well and are managing to expand on the 'spirit' of what Tau represent and can do, without being Cheese I think they would be a crowd pleaser indeed! Kroot are VERY different... really. Don't fall in the trap of 'you like Tau, play Kroot'... if you go there, you will hate it. Instead, tell your friend to read the Kroot. We researched the fluff (Codex, Chapter Approved, etc) and even got information from our friends at [url=z8.invisionfree.com/KompletelyKroot/]Kompletely Kroot[/url] for pointers. After reading them (including the Units) he may find inspiration... he may already have the models and would be able to bring life to the Kroot in his 40k army!

The Dark Eldars will be awesome too! For what I have seen, they will 'feel' like the 40k army... fragile as a wet cardboard box, but their primary weapon will be FEAR!!!! Shocked If you let them start the fight, they will finish it while you crawl in fetal position. HA! Expect proper use of Fear and Poison... very nice.

For the Space Marine player, I suggest you tell him... "You want them done right?" If the answer is 'yes' then he needs to chill. If the answer is 'no' then he can play Orks with Space Marine models. HA! Getting the mathematical balance was a difficult trick... the Chaos Cultists are our experiment... so far our tests results indicate that they are OK. Then we will work on the Space Marine Scout Squad (SMSS)... they would be Scouts, lead by a Scout Sgt (who IS Space Marine), with few other touches. So far, this will 'personalize' the 'vanilla' scouts in the Codex. The potential for stories will be there. AFTER that (when we feel they are balanced) we will work on Space Marine Chapter Squads (SMCS) so people could do Squads of their favorite SM (loyalists or traitors)... but as you see, that is difficult to do. Wink

My suggestion for the non-40k players, who like Mordheim... tell them that I sent you! HA! Just kidding... I love Mordheim for the potential for GREAT stories. For your buddies, Death Squads could feel like a cheap shot at Mordheim-in-Space. Trust me... it is not. They can play any of the IGs (humans) and be perfectly fine... or they can explore other races. If you look at Mordheim, all the Warbands are basically humans... human motivations, similar gear, etc. Sure, few exceptions exist, but generally speaking they are similar. You know that there are those 'must have weapons' (i.e. crossbows for sharp shooters, slings for short range, sword for Parry...) that are across the board. You are stuck in a similar time and place... taking Mordheim out of the City of the Damned is hard. Again, some have done it successfully... but still is constrictive. Death Squads allows YOU to create your setting, motivation AND plot... while still retaining that "you are the hero" feel that Mordheim gives you. The 40k Universe is vast... so no need to fall prey to the cookie-cutter fancy. Tell your buddies to explore the PICTURES sections... especially Laney's stuff. WOW! Talk about variety on a similar theme! You guys could all play Orks... in a territorial war! Who knows... endless possibilities!

The best part... Death Squads IS in motion! Unlike other games, we ARE here. Find a problem or have a suggestion? Shoot a post! Good luck... see you around!
Back to top Go down
Lazi

Lazi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:43 am

Mordheimer wrote:
WOW!!! Definitely good paint! While the Slann is really good, the Eldars' paint scheme caught my eye! VERY nice!

Feel free to open new threads and share MOAR!!!! Hhehehe... Nice Eldars!
I have a reputation for hating Eldar (nothing to do with getting beat
to a pulp by them all the time... ahem.... ), so take this as high prise
indeed!

Thats an honor to hear (eh, read) that from you Wink I am moving around this forum for almost a year, so I have a little idea of your thinking and opinions Wink (and honestly I really like your humour and way you put your arguments to the crowd Wink ).

About the squads: As I said, I am here quite long (just silent watcher Smile ) so I have some idea what going on. And personally I am looking forward to both eldar squads (Craftworld and Dark), and I already commented on how I see the Craftworld Eldar problematics (you put some waaaghish comment to that).
I hope I will break that Space Marine guy. He has some orkz models (practice targets for his Marines probably) so he might give it a try. I think if I asked him the question you proposed, he would say he want them done properly (it may sound weird but he often complains about what GW is doing with Marines these days).
The guy who plays Tau is quite familiar with Kopletely Kroot sites. He knows how they work (hell, he is really crazy about reading all the WH fluff!!!).
Morheimer wrote:
I love Mordheim for the potential for GREAT stories. For your buddies, Greetings from Czech Rep. 778760 could feel like a cheap shot at Mordheim-in-Space. Trust me... it is not.

I trust you! As I said, I see much more potential in Greetings from Czech Rep. 778760 than in Mordheim, especially because of variability and possibilities as unlimited as Universe (well, perhaps just a galaxy Wink). It can be sometimes hard to find proper logic in Mordeim games fluffwise. In Greetings from Czech Rep. 778760 (and WH40k universe in general) you can just come up with new planet quite easily and optimalize it as you see fit - which is GREAT! Thats why I want to introduce Greetings from Czech Rep. 778760 to my group. Mordheim is just going to be first step.

Mordheimer wrote:
The best part... Death Squads IS in motion! Unlike other games, we ARE
here. Find a problem or have a suggestion? Shoot a post! Good luck...
see you around!
DS is in motion, is opened to discussion and authors are giving hard thought to every rule they design! Awesome! Imagine GW listening to gamers from time to time and spending more time on math and behind design desk... Both warhammer games would be much better and balanced! Simply, you're the best, guys Wink
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:50 am

Quote :
I am moving around this forum for almost a year, so I have a little idea of your thinking and opinions :Wink: (and honestly I really like your humour and way you put your arguments to the crowd :Wink: ).

LURKER ALERT!!!111one

Thanks for the pics, dude. Now I won't have to sacrifice my firstborn to Mord tonight! I love the Slann, very... creepy. Would love to see you do some Necrons with those effects.

And as Mord: Tau = Kroot = UNTRUE. They are COMPLETELY different. But my buddy Telruna plays Kroot and loves 'em. I say give them a whirl.

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:29 pm

@ Lazi: Cool! Glad to see you are an old fox... although lurkers need to pay 3 times the picture tithe... you OWE us another pic. And no, your Avatar doesn't count! Heheheh...

@ Arachas: That IS what I'm saying man! Lots of non-Tau people (including me) make THAT mistake... usually once. We either get eaten by Kroot Carnivores or shot by Tau Fire Warriors. All for The Greater Good, of course! My point is that you should let your friend read the material... if he uses Kroot in his army (as Assault cannon-fodder...) he may enjoy giving some 'life and background' to the pscho-chickens. HA!
Back to top Go down
Lazi

Lazi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
@ Lazi: Cool! Glad to see you are an old fox... although lurkers need to pay 3 times the picture tithe... you OWE us another pic. And no, your Avatar doesn't count! Heheheh...

Okey, to pay the tithe I'll post two work in progress skinks, okey? Very Happy (well, they are WIP for quite a long time :/ But they are still pretty cool, I think Wink )
Greetings from Czech Rep. NightrunnerTree2
Greetings from Czech Rep. NightrunnerStone11

Satisfied? Very Happy

Hope I'll do some DS/W40k minis soon... I am just waiting for the right mood Wink

And just to put things straight: I see the difference between Tau and Kroot Wink As my friend does (he probably better than me). So just need to convince him he CAN play Kroot until Tau come out Wink
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Those are some really cool dynamic poses! I especially like the one with the rock.

Oh, and welcome of course!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:29 pm

WHAT?!?! You feel for that? Ohh... Embarassed errr... NO! I'm NOT satisfied! MOAR!!

Hehhe... those are AWESOME models! Whenever you want to post more models, feel free to open a new thread on Fantasy for your WHFB and Mordheim models. You do FANTASTIC work!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 2:40 am

Great poses and conversion Lazi!

Sorry for not saying hello sooner - Welcome to Death Squads!

Really like the eldar too - I'd like to see more of those.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:19 am

You should do Eldar models with poses like those Skinks. That would be a squad to look at!
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:07 am

Those models are way more than juist 'pretty cool'.

Welcome to the forums and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your models, they rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Rep.   Greetings from Czech Rep. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Czech Rep.
Page 1 of 1