The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

PostSubject: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:56 am

Narsisissus just started yesterday (or someday close) converting servitors. And that was soooo cool! I was indeed - as so often before inspired by the work, and started building my own. And I thought it would be cool, if we could have a servitor / robotics thread Wink just to give inspiration on to eachother for more and cool'er servitors ... in the name of the Omnisiah (or some other heretic diety)

Here's mine so far. Still need some greenstuff for the joining places and such, but I think he is great fun - and stolen from Narsississsissuss without shame!

Show me yours!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:40 am

Wow... I though this was Narsisissus' Servitor! HAHAH! Great job!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:06 am

As I said - I stole without shame! Next one will hopefully be more my own design...
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:02 pm

Looks good Kmfritten! I like the cables going into his head.

I saw two other designs for a servitor posted in threads somewhere that I might make eventually. One was an ork body with some modifications. The other was almost scratch sculpted but looked a bit like the scribe in the Grey Knights model range.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Just need the eyes now I think, twas great fun making - thanks for the inspiration Narsisissus!

The servitor is supposed to go into my Grey Knights army (and in DS for sure!) and I tried to get a blue tint into the metal, but it does not show on the pictures unfortunately...

Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:27 pm

You put me to shame with how quickly it got painted up! I will have to paint mine quickly now too.

The base looks great. The whole thing looks nice and gritty and evil. Nice use of the chaos space marine head.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Wow! Shocked
Great looking servitor!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Narcissus wrote:
You put me to shame with how quickly it got painted up! I will have to paint mine quickly now too.

The base looks great. The whole thing looks nice and gritty and evil. Nice use of the chaos space marine head.

I'm like a sponge Wink just need to try if I can do it. And in the past I was looking at minis and thinking "I wish I could have that". Now I can have it - and when someone makes / finds something cool, I just really needs it for my own hehe
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Jealousy doesn't begin to describe what I have in mind. EXCELLENCE!

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:59 pm

I'll add my unpainted servitor pictures in here too. Just so we can increase the number of automatons for your robotics thread. Will update as paint is added!

Komfritten-that is how I am too. I like collecting images of models I like and love trying to build different things. I really like when someone shows a break down of how to recreate a conversion they have done.

I just noticed what you did with the legs there. Where you cut them off around the crotch and put the wires sticking out. Very clever. I really want to paint up my servitor now. And make another one... I found a bit that would make a decent propulsion unit for a servitor.

These servitors really are a nice and (relatively) easy conversion. I would definitely recommend it to others. Torso+weapon+wire+head=servitor.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:51 am

Hehe ya - I hoped to get the feeling "who ripped his legs off!? arh well, he can hover anyway..."

Ya I want to make another one too! Found a wheel from a SM bike, think I'm gonna use that one next, if it ain't too big...

I can see I need to do something with my photograpy too - this place sucks up my time!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:46 am

WiP of my next servitor:

I think he needs to straighten up a little, but I want him to seem like his driving forwards...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:09 am

Awesome! You must paint something like the mud flap girl (below) this on the back of the 'mud-flap'!

Heheheh...

Back to top Go down
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:59 am

Heh I'm sure that would be frowned upon by the high eccliarsy or the Grey Knight Librarian as "unnessesary" and lurking heresy!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:29 am

Add a Sisters of Battle icon on her!

Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Very nice servitor Komfritten. You really captured a sense of action with it.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:58 pm

More WiP's - first layer of paint and wash put down:

Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:45 pm

What you call WIP I'd call better than anything I manage. Great job boss, let me go hide in shame...ignore the sobbing lol.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:29 am

As so many times before, Narcissus, you inspire me to improve myself. I just had to build a photobox, and here are the first result:

I really need to go to work now, but I have to learn about the focus on my Nikon D3000 - it's an awsome camera but I do not utililze it very well yet.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:47 am

Woah!!! Holy siht! This is BRUTAL! You DARED to post only one pic? You are killing me, man! Awesome work!

I'm very happy that you continue to make such splendid work and that you got 'pushed' a little more. Not only you built a light-box, but you improved your pictures IMMENSELY. If you got out anything about Death Squads it would be that 'spark' to keep pushing yourself. I don't know what to tell you... this models is AMAZING.

My only critique... ONE photo? You are a sadistic man. Smack Hehhehe... love the model!

Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:29 am

Indeed! That's a darn sweet model!
Really like him! Smile
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:25 pm

The new model looks great. He looks really deranged. I really like the cables sticking out everywhere.

You should post a photo of your new light box as well. It made a big difference for your pictures. I have been shocked at how much easier it has been to get better pictures with just my simple light box.

PS-I primed and airbrushed boltgun metal on my servitor last night. I am hoping to completely paint it today.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Yay! Looking forward to it - I will post pics of LB later on too then =)
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Here's my lightbox.

Simple and easy - took 15 minutes to make - and I must say, for what work I put into that little devil - it works like a charm!

There you go! Everyone should have one!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Nice photobox. They are so quick to make like this and make a huge difference for picture quality.

Here are some finished pictures on my servitor. I painted him to match my Imperial Renegade squad.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)   Today at 12:57 am

Back to top Go down

Show me yours and I will show you mine ;)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next