The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

True scale chaos space marine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stryke

PostSubject: Re: True scale chaos space marine   Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi guys! finnaly found some free time! hope you all had a great christmas. (for those of you who celebrate it!) A small update here just on hte knee pads and detailing, i think he is pretty much done now, will update some more pics for you guys when there is some better light, 2 am here! :p

anyway thin sausage of GS along the top and bottom of the torso, and smooth out and shape add dinks if you wish! (you will nottice things changing as the photos progress, this is just me changing my mind and being pickey!)

next add some small lumps of GS to the knees, and shape how you want, here i tried both ways,

here i tried smoothing it all out

in the end i did not like it so went for some pads

And the next steps are all just peicing together, tidying up, filling holes and gluing accessories or more skulls on! Smile the next photos you will see will be him finnished and painted Smile hope you have liked it and will try this out for yourselfs! post up your true scale marines or progress as well so I can see XD

untill the next time, may the force be with you
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: True scale chaos space marine   Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:20 am

Looks good. Lots of work! Have you tried building one with just the armature? You are basically resculpting all of the parts. Looking forward to seeing it painted.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: True scale chaos space marine   Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:16 am

I would agree 100% with Narcissus. I really like what you have done... I can barely handle adding few things with GW, but what you do is somewhat intimidating. I mean you are almost doing stuff from scratch with ease! Hehehehe... NO MATTER... YOU RULE!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Stryke

PostSubject: Re: True scale chaos space marine   Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:41 pm

thanks alot guys, that will be my next project, sculpting from scratch, i need to brush up on the detialing, im only good at smothing and filling gaps. its all about disguising your dodgy areas :p

I am painting him as wee speak, just waiting on the undercoating to dry, any ideas for colour scheme? im not fussed about legions etc, quite happy to make my own, i was thinking about green with black trim Smile or should i keep him the same as my last one?
Back to top Go down
Stryke

PostSubject: Re: True scale chaos space marine   Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:25 am

A happy new year to everyone! Just to inform you all I am extreamly unhappy with this marine! I am going to redo his torso and detail his legs more! So I will kep you all posted!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: True scale chaos space marine   Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:27 am

You are insane! I guess that is the problem with you artists... if it is not exactly what is on your mind, you are never happy. Shocked BUT... blessing in disguise! Now we get to see MORE of your amazing work.

Do what makes you happy and continue to share. We (and I'm sure this time I can speak for everyone) are learning a lot from your work!

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
Stryke

PostSubject: Re: True scale chaos space marine   Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:52 am

Ill get cracking on him when i get home!

When I look at him i get upset so I want him to be right!

I will report back when i have fixed him Smile
Back to top Go down
deadman564

PostSubject: Re: True scale chaos space marine   Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:39 pm

I loved this so much it has inspired me to give it a shot, I'm not to great with the green stuff but I'll post my good'o college try.
Back to top Go down
Stryke

PostSubject: Re: True scale chaos space marine   Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:27 am

Im glad you are inspired Smile dont worry about the greenstuffing, practise gettting areas smothe, also add more yellow into the mix so you have more time to work on it, also give it at least a night to cure before you touch it! Good luck and let us see some pics! Smile
Back to top Go down
Stryke

PostSubject: Re: True scale chaos space marine   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:16 pm

hi guys, I scraped this marine and started making a whole new marine, managed to salvage the arms, this one i feel is just better refined, still needs some work, also notice the use of milliput (lighter green) a new friend of mine, a lot easier to smooth that green stuff and it dries a lot quicker, also softer so i only use it on large flat areas.

I think this tutorial just goes to show that doing this takes a bit of practise, i think I rushed the marine in the tutorial a bit too much trying to get updates for you guys, but all the principles are much the same in this, only difference was the torso area, i tried to replicate that of the first one i showed. and i personally think it looks a lot better, let me know what you think

cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: True scale chaos space marine   Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:18 am

... and poof!

Another wonderful creation out of nothing. You and DeafNala... making awesome models like magic. Heheheh....

Can you put a 'normal' size SM besides him to compare? I really like him, but want to know how big he really is.

Back to top Go down
Stryke

PostSubject: Re: True scale chaos space marine   Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:38 am

haha thanks, ill get on that as soon as I get home Smile he is pretty identical in hight to the one I first showed you guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True scale chaos space marine   Today at 12:57 am

Back to top Go down

True scale chaos space marine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2