Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LIGHTBULB MOMENT!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
levo56

levo56

LIGHTBULB MOMENT! Empty
PostSubject: LIGHTBULB MOMENT!   LIGHTBULB MOMENT! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:20 pm

i was going through my drawers and i found a bunch of magic the gathering cards i dont use, next to some plastic glue and scissors

i suddenly got really exited because of an idea i had for really cheap easy terrain to simulate inside of a building
take a card and fold it in half, long ways, take another card and do the exact same, then glue the sides together and you have like a _l_ shape, then do this twice and put a card in the middle so its like a _l__l_ and you have a corridor!!

this is probably a really commonly used technique, i have no experience making any kind of terrain so i just thought i would show you all my little lightbulb moment that i got way too exited about Just Kidding

cheers

Danny
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

LIGHTBULB MOMENT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIGHTBULB MOMENT!   LIGHTBULB MOMENT! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:29 am

Ha! I love it. And who needs Magic when you've got Death Squads? Wink
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

LIGHTBULB MOMENT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIGHTBULB MOMENT!   LIGHTBULB MOMENT! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:45 am

Sounds cool, got pics? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
levo56

levo56

LIGHTBULB MOMENT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIGHTBULB MOMENT!   LIGHTBULB MOMENT! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:01 am

Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:
Sounds cool, got pics? Very Happy

im trying but i have no idea how to put pics on here, does anyone know how Just Kidding?

Danny
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

LIGHTBULB MOMENT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIGHTBULB MOMENT!   LIGHTBULB MOMENT! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:14 am

Check the Tutorial section (http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/f19-tutorials)
  • Tutorial: How to post pictures in Forums
  • The Basics of Mini Photography
  • Another GREAT Miniature Photography Guide
  • SETUP to Take Pictures of Models

Great articles... simple with PLENTY of pics and techniques. Ask DeafNala, Komfritten, Laney and Narcissus... taking pics is like painting. Seems very hard, but once someone explains the techniques and you practice a little, it becomes 2nd nature. All those AMAZING hobbyists above ALWAYS had a lame excuse for bad pics. From Demoniacally-possessed-cameras to 'its impossible'... after much insisting, they game it a really nice try. To say the least, I wish I could take pics like them!!! So can you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
levo56

levo56

LIGHTBULB MOMENT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIGHTBULB MOMENT!   LIGHTBULB MOMENT! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:39 am

LIGHTBULB MOMENT! PICT05072

that is the kind of thing im aiming at Smile ill spray them white or something, it dosent look like much but i have like 1000's of them lying around =D

Danny

Last edited by Mordheimer on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please, avoid Double Posting.)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

LIGHTBULB MOMENT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIGHTBULB MOMENT!   LIGHTBULB MOMENT! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:50 am

OHHHH!!! Shocked Now I get it... sneaky!!! Very cool!

FYI... in the future we want to work on a Supplement... Fighting in Close Quaters (FiCQ). This of it playing Death Squads in 'tiles' (like SpaceHulk or WarhammerQuest). VERY COOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
levo56

levo56

LIGHTBULB MOMENT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIGHTBULB MOMENT!   LIGHTBULB MOMENT! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:53 am

ill post some more pictures when i have a ghost white labyrnth Just Kidding!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

LIGHTBULB MOMENT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIGHTBULB MOMENT!   LIGHTBULB MOMENT! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:55 am

Now I see, clever! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LIGHTBULB MOMENT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIGHTBULB MOMENT!   LIGHTBULB MOMENT! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LIGHTBULB MOMENT!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Scenery & Terrain-
Jump to: