Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DS / Space Hulk terrain?

Go down 
+5
Gatlag Stonetooth
Narcissus
Mordheimer
ClausLars
Komfritten
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

Komfritten

DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:09 pm

1: very good idea! Have to see if it can be done with the scenery inside the pieces, and then again, it fits very well into a cardbox for moving (like those Mord must have in abundance)

2: Comming around the doors, have added some 2" doors as I agree on the playability. And with openended corridors the pieces it won't matter if the doors fit eachother =)

3. I was looking at the terrain you posted in the start of this thread, and I think I will make corridors like him - with open ends (it also saves building material).

4. What a great idea! I could make "mats" to put on top and ramps! Yay! More terrain with multiuse!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:06 pm

Narcissus wrote:
I think I know what you are looking for for the metal. Here is an example from one of my pieces. I think this is what you said you are looking for.

I really can't do it Narc! Could I beg you to do a tutorial?! I'm loosing my mind here Little Frustrated

EDIT: Looking through your blog atm, hoping to find what I'm looking for...
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Ok. I'll make a quick step by step up just now. Do you have a sponge? A suitable dark brown colour?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:39 pm

I have:

A sponge for pots and pans Wink

A umber brown

A light brown

Boltgun metal
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:54 pm

Ok Komfritten, I wrote it and posted it here. Hope this helps. You can substitute in whatever colours you have.
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:29 pm

Oh man, I come back on here after a busy week or two and find this absolutely incredible start to a scenery project.

It never ceases to amaze me the speed and quality of your work among others here on the forum.

I applaud you for this, keep up the good work Smile
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:00 am

I just got this in with the mail! YAY for me! Endless supply of "metal grid". I had a whole group on faceboook dedicated to find this for me - and it paid off!

I'm looking forward to next week where the little one is at the daycare, and I'm on christmas vacation! BUILDING TIME!!! Oh yeah!

DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 2011-12-15%2017.02.16-1

I'll have to uninstall SKyrim and Witcher 2 for this project - oh man those games take my time(!)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:12 am

HAHAH! How do you call that material? I was looking for some... but I don't even know how to ask (much less where to look!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:29 am

This isn't the correct name for it, but it's referred to as "plastic canvas"...it's used for needle point. You can get it at Michael's in the sewing section. Quick Shape is the name of a manufacturer of the stuff; &, as the name implies, you ca get it in various sizes & shapes. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:31 am

Mordheimer wrote:
HAHAH! How do you call that material? I was looking for some... but I don't even know how to ask (much less where to look!)
It looks like the same stuff I'm using. I have it from my Bonsai tools, if you search for "Drainage mesh" you should get some usefull results.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:51 am

In the internet store i bought it, it's just called "plastic canvas" but if you ask people, they would not know what it is... But it seems that in the states Granny Grating is the word for it Wink
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 10:46 am

Not to hijak, but Mord, this stuff is in the sweing section at walmart or Michaels craft stores. It is really easy to cut and place.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 11:43 am

It is a phantastic material.;-)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks! This is what I wanted to know!

Now... off you go to continue making great terrain!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:32 pm

Miniwargames.com call that stuff GrannyGrating.

But it is actually plastic canvas or plastic cross stitch canvas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DS / Space Hulk terrain?   DS / Space Hulk terrain? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DS / Space Hulk terrain?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2