Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Eldar List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazi

Lazi

Quick Eldar List Empty
PostSubject: Quick Eldar List   Quick Eldar List I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:46 am

Hello.
As I said sooner, I have trouble to find an opponent to play DS with. Mostly because they don't have any squad to play with. But some of my friends agreed on playing a game of DS if I provide the squad, and I think I might be able to convince my brother to play with me few games. Therefore I made a quick eldar list and I would like to hear some thoughts about it.

The Original list - you can find altered list on the end of this post
Exarch - Dire Avenger (sword, shuri-pistol, aspect armor, aspect helmet) - 113
Aspect Warrior - Howling Banshee (two swords, aspect armor) - 105
Warlock (mesh armor, shuri-pistol) - 107
Fighter Aspirant - Dire Avenger (shuri-catapult, aspect armor) - 93
Fighter Aspirant - Dire Avenger (shuri-catapult, mesh armor) - 91
Ranger (lasgun) - 67
3 Guardians (lasgun) - 174 / 3 Guardians (sword, headguard) - 174

It's a shooty list, with banshee to deal with some enemies in CC. There is the possibility of making guardians a little bit more "stormy" to help banshee in CC while avengers deal with enemies from afar.

So, what do you think? Is it useable? I am not sure if I will co for a campaign with it, it's mainly to get used to rules and to introduce the game...

Altered list
Exarch - Dire Avenger (sword, shuriken catapult, aspect armor, aspect helmet, shield) - 131
Aspect Warrior - Howling Banshee (two swords, aspect armor, banshee mask, helmet) - 146
Warlock (mesh armor, headguard) - 84
Fighter Aspirant (shuri-catapult, mesh armor, headguard) - 100
Fighter Aspirant (shuri-catapult, mesh armor, headguard) - 100
3 Guardians (shuriken catapult) - 189

Last edited by Lazi on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

Quick Eldar List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Eldar List   Quick Eldar List I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:26 pm

It looks pretty good, but a few comments:

The Fighter Asprints dont start with a path, they have to chose one at 2nd (?) skill roll. Or something like that, dont really remember / understand the rule.

I would only buy armor for the Aspect Warrior, considering he his close combat.

Instead of lasguns I would only buy shuriken catapults, the price is not that different, but the strength and that it is a assault weapon more then makes up for the lower range.

I really wants the rangers to be ranged, but I dont see the reason for it, higher cost and starting xp, makes the guardians better. The rangers I see them mostly as a close combat unit, using the infiltrate to go after objects or try to flank the enemy.

-This is the things I would probably do, but if its for learning, then the armor and lasguns might not be bad, gives a little more learning curve to the squad.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Quick Eldar List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Eldar List   Quick Eldar List I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:02 pm

Sorry I missed this. I'm not much for Eldar... so... I do my best.

First, the Eldar are not complicated... but very unique. Both the Exarch and Aspect Warrior START with a Fighter Temple, thus you select which Temple the Fighter belongs. You adjust the Aspect Warrior Attributes accordingly (not the Exarch.)

Quote :
Fighter Temple: An Aspect Warrior must choose any one of the Fighter Temples as his path to follow. The advancement for the Fighter Temple is then applied to the stats of the Aspect Warrior and will result in either a +1 to BS or+1 to WS depending on which Fighter Temple is chosen. Aspect Warriors may never choose to be a Pathfinder.

For the Fighter Aspirants, the key is to understand the Emulating Khaine Special Rule.
Quote :
Emulating Khaine: A young and inexperienced Fighter Aspirant desires to emulate all aspects of Khain; violence, destruction and war. In their naïve assumptions, they haven’t fully understood that this is accomplished by hard work and discipline, rather than a brutish approach. If a Fighter Aspirant rolls NEW SKILL for his first advancement, the Fighter must choose a Skill from the Combat Skill group.
At first, he is NOT defined as any Aspect Warrior. Upon his 1st Advancement, instead of rolling randomly, you get NEW SKILL. You select a Combat Skill and name his Temple (but have no Attribute Advancement... you got a Skill!). After that, you roll new Advancements randomly (as normal).

Now.. for your list.

I would give the Head Guard to your Officers. When you upgrade to Helmets, you can pass those down. AHHHH!!!! The Warlock!!! He has a very supporting role... mostly buffing others. He won't shoot much. Drop the Shuriken Pistol save 32 credits! Now, with that cash you can upgrade those Mesh Armor to Aspect Warrior Armor and those Lasgun to Shuriken weapons. NOW is the time for that... if not, you have to invest in Rarity rolls!

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lazi

Lazi

Quick Eldar List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Eldar List   Quick Eldar List I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks for advices.
I tried to alter the list. Unfortunatelly it meant to drop one fighter (the math was not working otherwise :/ ). Eight guys is quite weak list but with some luck it will endure. To keep Banshee alive, I gave her a mask and helmet. Warlock must hide somewhere as he won't give much of a fight.

But one question rose when I was making the changes:
How does it work with aspect armor? can fighter aspirant take it, even beofre choosing the aspect? And I suppose warlock can't take one at all, am I right?
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

Quick Eldar List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Eldar List   Quick Eldar List I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:52 pm

As someone told me early on helmets are not really as important as having numbers.
Id drop the warlock and the helmets from the aspirants and add 1 or 2 more guardians or ranger. I find the warlock really the most useful when you have the wraithguard there for him to boss around. But sometimes I guess they are ok. Then again I will be running a shooty squad with mostly dire avengers.

Fighter aspirant cannot take aspect armor as they are not full member of the shrine yet.
Note the aspect warrior only tag.
Back to top Go down
Lazi

Lazi

Quick Eldar List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Eldar List   Quick Eldar List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:29 am

Dysturbed wrote:
As someone told me early on helmets are not really as important as having numbers.
Id drop the warlock and the helmets from the aspirants and add 1 or 2 more guardians or ranger. I find the warlock really the most useful when you have the wraithguard there for him to boss around. But sometimes I guess they are ok. Then again I will be running a shooty squad with mostly dire avengers.

Thank you for the input Wink I'll look at it closer - but I kinda like the idea of warlock going with squad. I want to run shooty list too - aspirants are going to be avengers.

Dysturbed wrote:
Fighter aspirant cannot take aspect armor as they are not full member of the shrine yet.

I thougt so. I was just a little bit confused after Morheimers advices (he said "with that cash you can upgrade those Mesh Armor to Aspect Warrior Armor" - only warlock and one fighter aspirant had a mesh armor).
Speaking of the Aspect Armor - why is it in the recruit section of the depot?
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

Quick Eldar List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Eldar List   Quick Eldar List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:03 am

Quote :

Dysturbed wrote:

I thougt so. I was just a little bit confused after Morheimers advices (he said "with that cash you can upgrade those Mesh Armor to Aspect Warrior Armor" - only warlock and one fighter aspirant had a mesh armor).
Speaking of the Aspect Armor - why is it in the recruit section of the depot?

Ill have a look at that i'm not sure lol.
Probably Mord getting in a Hurry to release the LRB again... Stick of Doom
Back to top Go down
Lazi

Lazi

Quick Eldar List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Eldar List   Quick Eldar List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 am

Dysturbed wrote:

Ill have a look at that i'm not sure lol.
Probably Mord getting in a Hurry to release the LRB again... Stick of Doom

Don't beat him Wink It just happens Wink It can be really confusing with all these "aspect warrior" things all over the depot.

BTW I am really looking forward to new eldar squad conception. Hope to see it soon Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quick Eldar List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Eldar List   Quick Eldar List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick Eldar List
Page 1 of 1