Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from the Great State of Texas!

Go down 
+3
dumdeedum
Narcissus
Zanazaz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zanazaz

Zanazaz

Hello from the Great State of Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the Great State of Texas!   Hello from the Great State of Texas! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:01 pm

Greetings, gamers of the world! I hail from Irving, Texas. I've been itching to play some skirmish level war-gaming, and while doing some research online I discovered Death Squads. For a few weeks I've been lurking, and decided to go ahead and get involved. I never played 40K, but I have played Necromunda, and actually ran a league at a game/comic shop. I also played a little Epic, but never really got into it. I have been intending to get into 40K, or Warmachine, and still really haven't decided which, but I'm leaning towards 40K. I also want to get back into playing Necromunda, but I sold off my stuff years ago, and replacing it isn't a huge priority right now. It also looks like I may be getting into Blood Bowl as well.

One of my favorite parts of the hobby is creating terrain, and hopefully soon I will have some tutorials written.

Anyway, I really need to delve into the Death Squad rules. study
Back to top Go down
http://havedicewilltravel.blogspot.com/
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great State of Texas!   Hello from the Great State of Texas! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Welcome Zanazaz! It sounds like DS might be a perfect fit for you. Coming from Necromunda I think you will enjoy the scale and mechanics of the rules as they are. This forum is great for getting feedback and constructive criticism, so definitely share pictures of the things you have completed so far for us!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Zanazaz

Zanazaz

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great State of Texas!   Hello from the Great State of Texas! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Thanks Narcissus. I have found a line of miniatures ( not GW ) that I think I may use to make my "Death Squad". I just need to decide on the fluff.
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great State of Texas!   Hello from the Great State of Texas! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi and welcome.

Looking forwards to what you plan on doing, and seeing the tutorials since I plan on making some terrain in the near future.

See you around hopefully Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great State of Texas!   Hello from the Great State of Texas! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Salute Welcome Brother Zanazaz!!! Salute

Welcome to Death Squads! I'm glad you found us... it is impressive how people find us by googling! Just Kidding We are a friendly bunch here like Narcissus said... but we are also a demanding bunch! HA! PICS!!!!

I will agree that Death Squads is a good fit for you, especially since you seemed to enjoy Necromunda. You have 80% of the rules down. You will find (SOON!!!!) that Death Squads is about creating stories and not having 4 billion models (although that would be nice too!). You will start with 1020 models... and then the converting bug will bite you. May The Emperor have mercy on your soul! We would like to help you enjoy the hobby as much as you want to.

Did I mentioned we LOVE to see pictures of your work... LOTS of pics! Also, if you want an honest, yet encouraging critique... we have few experts (not me! I suck!) that would be happy to help you in your quest of honing your skills. Personally, I need LOTS of help creating terrain. I have the intention... but I'm not quite there yet. Check my Collapsible Terrain... any help you could give me, I would appreciate. Very Happy I'm also looking forward your tutorials... great stuff!

If there is anything you need (except me sending you money and/or models!)... do not hesitate to ask!

Welcome home, Battle Brother... welcome home.

PS: Please post those non-GW models... we love to see 'em. We love to see alternative models and conversions too! Once you post few pics (and thus swallow the bait), we WILL DEMAND MOAR!!!1! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great State of Texas!   Hello from the Great State of Texas! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:15 am

Welcome! Ahh, Texas... imagine travelling to Austin in early November: 20-22 degrees Celsius, dry, slight breeze.... oh man.

Then you have to get back in the plane and fly back to the freakin' cold Netherlands WITH A TURNOVER IN MICHIGAN! COLD!

Yeah, I love Texas. Much better than our moist, wet, cold Netherlands.

Rant over. Wink
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great State of Texas!   Hello from the Great State of Texas! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Welcome to Death Squads!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Zanazaz

Zanazaz

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great State of Texas!   Hello from the Great State of Texas! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys! It's been a long time since I played Necromunda, but IIRC the rules weren't that difficult.

The mini's I might be using are by Wargames Factory. It's their Shock Troops line, and are very reasonably priced. I'm also leaning towards orks, but somehow different. Maybe mutant orks? Is there such a thing? I want them to be grey.

@Arachas - Last week here in Irving ( a suburb of Dallas ), it was high 60's-70° Fahrenheit. Nice, Spring like weather despite it being Winter. Very Happy However, it's been raining since last night, and chilly. Oh well...

@Mordheimer - I've been following your collapsible terrain thread. looking forward to see the finished product.

@dumdeedum - Yeah, I've got quite a few ideas I've never seen anywhere, and hope to get rolling on some terrain soon.
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great State of Texas!   Hello from the Great State of Texas! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Welcome aboard boss. I've been waiting for another Texan player for awhile...unfortunately I'm just south of Houston so DFW area doesn't help much. Good to see another lurker coming out and saying hi.

I actually bought the Shock Troops myself. Some people feel they're a bit too static in the poses but I can deal with it personally. I had originally planned on using them for Jenkala's Urban Fighters, but decided they will probably be converted for a Chaos Cultists band with a Nurgle Marine.

I decided to follow this article linked by Narcissus a while back and make my Jenkalas using the techniques for The Afriel Strain.

Once again, welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great State of Texas!   Hello from the Great State of Texas! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from the Great State of Texas!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: